Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Why does a loving commercial about dogs make me tear up? Goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
This my dog gently caress you

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Goodbye old friend

Don't mean to bring the thread down but this little son of a bitch was awesome.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Sad week for good dogs.

Good. Good dog.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

If N4Dicks doesn't post a dogge GoPro in 48 hours, please ban him. TIA

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
gopro footage! SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

In dogge news my wife is already looking at new rescues. I actually think it will help her heal with a new little monster to piss everywhere, but all I see is that as soon as I'm dead she's hitting up whatever dating app is popular.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Wife made a gif out of some photos of the late Nelson

WHAT YOU LOOKIN AT BITCH?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD9NgzLhbBM

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Such a cutie.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Dude's up in dogge heaven eating all the treats and sniffin all the butts. Rest in Peace little dude.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Know where I'll be on the 2nd (petco unleashed)

same

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Lookin at pet insurance and they explicitly don't cover injuries or illness sustained due to nuclear war

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
About to adopt these two cuties

Buddy:

Cookie:

Brother and sister from the same litter. 8 years old (same age as last dog we had when we adopted him).

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Jesus christ, we had two dogs when I was born that we lost when I was really young (home invasion) that looked identical and were named buddy and biscuit. I stared at your post for like a full minute. Please keep posting these little dudes!

Gonna have them home by New Years. Have to drive 8 hours each way, but for the right pups I'll do anything. Had vet reference check, personal reference check, and a home visit for inspection to make sure we aren't filthy idiots. Buddy has all the same bullshit issues my last dog had; seizures, thyroid problems, and knee problems. I can't wait cause I love pups

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Major is awesome

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
20 hours of driving in 2 days and we got some tired rear end pups home.

Today has been kind of rough for everyone because they've never seen cats before and we've been training them to not lose their minds every time one walks by or jumps on top of something.

The cats don't give a poo poo either way.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Buddy

Cookie

Took them both in to the vet to get them up to date on shots because some of their records were missing and somehow buddy had tapeworm from his foster home. Had a good day trekking about town going to the groomer and petsmart and having a great time. About 5 hours after the shots buddy started losing his mind wit itchiness so we went to the emergency vet and turns out he's allergic to one of the vaccines (also now has autism :downs:) so they gave him a shot of cortisone and Benadryl and he's all better. Cookie didn't get the shot because her records are complete.

All told we spent 700 yesterday on vet bills on day two of owning them. :feelsgood:

Slight exaggeration a bit of that 700 was stocking up on flea prevention for cats and dogs along with 6 months worth of anti arthritis medicine.

Already in love with these pups though. They walk on the leash so well and don't lose their minds seeing other dogs.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

holocaust bloopers posted:

So is Buddy really into trains?!

Guaranteed he'd chase the poo poo out of a model train. Vaccines cause autism confirmed

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
These are my gouls

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Tide posted:

We lost this handsome fella this morning. He suffered a series of strokes over the weekend, with a poor prognosis of any sort of quality of life, and we decided to send him to the Rainbow Bridge. We had an amazing 12 years with him, though. He is very definition of a drat good dog.

Pictures are from when he was a young, strapping, full of energy, wiggle butt handsome young man...

Sorry for the downer post but give your dogges all the hugs and pets every day all day.

Sorry for your loss. Pouring one out for little homie

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Tide posted:

Thanks all. It's been a rough, long day. Lots of crying, lots of talking about favorite memories.

Whats odd, and this is the first time in 24 years that I/we have not had a dog, how quiet it is. So many sounds that at times drove us nuts; deciding to eat (LOUDLY) right in the middle of an important part of a TV show, or the snorts, or the woowoo sounds, or the sneezes, or the click of the nails on the tile, or just the breathing, the BARRRORRROOOROOOOOROOOO when someone knocks on the door. The only boxer I've ever heard that sounded like a hound dog when he barked. The peeeeeew of his silent but deadly farts. But it was the sounds and smells of normalcy.

Now that its not here, we miss it.

He is a good dogge. Rightfully wary of strangers at times, but warmed up once he figure out you weren't a threat. Hated being alone so he would follow you from room to room. Loved to snuggle up. A 70lb lap dog. A heck of a pillow. Amazing with kids and gentle with little girls, who were his kryptonite. Loved a bath. Loved a sprinkler. Loved a kiddie pool. LOVED my wife and kid. When my son was a baby, he would sleep under the crib. When the kid was in his rocker, he would sit next to him and snort in his ear (which made my kid roar with laughter) then look away like "I didn't do it" and when my son would quit laughing, he would do it again. We have three dog beds...one in the den, one in my sons room, and one in our bedroom and he would alternate between the three. He would make his rounds through the house, checking on everyone until satisfied, he would turn in for the night; usually in my sons room and sometime in the middle of the night would abandon his dog bed to sleep with my kid. Or he would ease up in our bed like a ninja and I would be awoken by the rhythmic breathing on a boxer snout in my face.

He is a special, sweet boy that we have so many good memories of and those are the ones we'll remember and cherish.

I love these stories. It's awful when a pup goes but the memories are forever.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Buddy looks like one of those sad dogs. Film him in slow mo lay some arms of the Angels on top and you have a charity vid

He watches me poop cause I watch him poop

And here's cookie using cuteness to get treats

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Starting a Kickstarter for the setup I only need $5k guys !!

I watched this pup for the last 45 minutes. I'll fund ur butt

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Post groomer treat time

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I fuckin love dogs.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Taking the pups to my parents' house this weekend. Will try to get pics of their Schnauzer, Pepper. Gonna visit friend who has a Boston Terrier, Gonzo. Another friend just had to put down his 9 year old great dane so I'm hoping some more happy dogs will cheer him up.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
The pups had a fun trip. 3 hours in the car each way and loved every second of it.

Meeting pepper, my parents' dog.

STANDOFF

Son of a bitch stole my dad's chair

My friend's dog Riley. She is very sick and has to be put down soon :smith:
Very sweet pupper though :unsmith:

Some tired rear end pups ready to go home

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Tide posted:

We've been discussing at pretty good length if we were ready to get another dog. We've discussed the fact that we just lost our last handsome boy a month ago, and wondering if we were still grieving, etc. We came to the realization that we will always be grieving somewhat, because its only natural. We still grieve over the loss of our beloved boxer "Ike" more than 12 years ago. Before Jack got sick, we had entertained the idea of getting a second dog...we love dogs, we're dog people, we have the room, and honestly, we believe a house isn't a home without a dog.

So, we embarked on the journey of 'do we adopt? do we go to the pound? do we rescue? do we just wait to see what comes along?' We ultimately decided on 'wait to see what comes along'.

We've patronized certain boxer rescue groups in the past with donations. We love the breed. Anyway, we weren't set on another boxer. So, we got a message that a group had a pooch needing a home. They sent pictures and such. Low and behold, this handsome fella needs a home and they thought we would be interested:

He's a boxer / english bulldog mix, which turns out to be a thing, apparently, since the 1940s. Originating in Nova Scotia, they're called Valley Dogs (cuteness beware on GIS). We've been talking back and forth and it looks like he's going to making his home with us. According to the foster family, he's got a big personality, loves kids, great with other dogs, dislikes cats (which is totally fine, we're not cat people). No prey drive or herding instinct, total lap and snuggle hound. Pretty decent watchdog (BIG bark), but warms up quickly. He had to be surrendered after the family that had him before moved over seas and couldn't bring him with them.

Can't. Wait.

It was a little over a month after ours passed that we got our current pups. I still get sad thinking about the little guy but the new dogs have helped a ton. Like I didn't really have a reason to get up in the morning (not like suicidal or anything) because there wasn't a little furball waiting to walk and get food. With these pups I'm back in a routine and life feels good again, man.

edit: That dog's name better be something like Mugsy.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I wish I could post directly here instead of uploading to imgur because I am v lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
For some reason my wife wanted to take the dogs out in the front yard without a leash earlier. We've only have them for 2.5 months and I said it was a bad idea but happy wife etc...

These pups didn't even want to leave the front door threshold because I trained them so well with the leash :smugdog: