Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Elvis thinks it's too hot to go for a walk in the park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrking
May 27, 2006

Winter Rose posted:

She won't let me get near her with a ruler or measuring tape :( Actually had a nervous pee when I tried.

You might be able to get away with a very non threatening length of cloth or string, and then use the ruler on that when doggo is a safe distance away.

mrking
May 27, 2006

BigDave posted:

I'd also look at Greyhound adoptions in your area. They're basically couch potatoes who can run 20MPH if they choose to.

Which they usually don't. And they're gigantic derps who can get their feelings hurt.

Greyhound thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549972

Plus, you can pet them without having to bend over! And they actually have bigger hearts than most dogs.

Syrian Lannister posted:

I thought you needed to have a big yard for a greyhound.

I need to move so I can get a dog.

This is a common misconception. Greyhounds love to run, but mine almost never does. They are sprinters not marathon runners, and don't generally require a whole lot of exercise (though all dogs are different, and you can definitely train a greyhound for stamina if that's your thing). Greyhounds do well in small apartments as long as you walk them plenty. Ex-racers aren't like typical dogs so make sure you talk to any adoption group about your life and what you want in a dog. The group I adopted from placed at least one greyhound with an agility trainer, but most greys would probably just lay down if you tried to train them.

Here's my couch potato. His name is Elvis.