Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Did EA silently kill the Vita version this year?

Google doesn't find an official answer from EA, it's like the game just got swept under a rug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

Did EA silently kill the Vita version this year?

Google doesn't find an official answer from EA, it's like the game just got swept under a rug.

Yes, what happened is what we said would. They said they would continue to support Madden on the Vita if it sold well. They made a subpar game which of course didn't sell well and here we are.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
loving consumers not buying our overpriced poo poo! We'll show you! :argh:

gently caress EA

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Madden on Vita wasn't awful for plane rides either. Welp, whatever.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I want it for PC so bad. The mods would be incredible. It's a Sim City level of injustice for them to keep that from the world.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Volkerball posted:

I want it for PC so bad. The mods would be incredible. It's a Sim City level of injustice for them to keep that from the world.

Yeah it makes me sad pretty much every year, but what can you do.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Volkerball posted:

Seriously. They could put all sorts of online DRM bullshit in the game. And I would still buy it.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Dexo posted:

Seriously. They could put all sorts of online DRM bullshit in the game. And I would still buy it.

Another goon that works here saw this post and is forwarding it to marketing.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
One thing I never understood about Madden is, why do they never have the feature where you can do a full offseason before starting your first season? Do the year's free agency and draft process as well as the preseason games. I think it'd be a pretty great way to really make a team your own.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/2013/163_news130716_gmc_featured_in_madden_nfl_25th_anniversary_game/

I get product placement, but that model looks like something whipped up in 3D Studio Max in about 15 minutes.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Democrazy posted:

One thing I never understood about Madden is, why do they never have the feature where you can do a full offseason before starting your first season? Do the year's free agency and draft process as well as the preseason games. I think it'd be a pretty great way to really make a team your own.

I think Be a GM in the NHL games lets you start at the draft. It's kind of silly not to, really. Every GM that gets fired gets replaced before the draft. Like the first week of preseason a team is going to decide to fire their GM to let in a guy who relists his star players as kickers so he can resign them for 7 years at 750k.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Dubious posted:

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/2013/163_news130716_gmc_featured_in_madden_nfl_25th_anniversary_game/

I get product placement, but that model looks like something whipped up in 3D Studio Max in about 15 minutes.

I'm pretty sure I could make better textures.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Democrazy posted:

This would be interesting. I almost always sim the first season when playing in Franchise mode.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

SAMB0 posted:

What numbers are you looking at? I am asking un-ironically and would really like to look at these. Not that I don't believe you, well I don't, but I would really like to see where the QBs rank up.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4696976/do-stats-lie-no-qb-better-than-tony-romo-in-fourth-quarter

"Fact: Romo has the highest fourth-quarter passer rating among active quarterbacks. And it’s not even close. His 102.1 rating is more than five points higher than the second man on the list, Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers."

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

blarzgh posted:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4696976/do-stats-lie-no-qb-better-than-tony-romo-in-fourth-quarter

"Fact: Romo has the highest fourth-quarter passer rating among active quarterbacks. And it’s not even close. His 102.1 rating is more than five points higher than the second man on the list, Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers."

Too bad his first 3 quarters are complete poo poo.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Demo is out now. Currently playing on PS3; in the 2nd quarter, the player models for the opposing Defense disappeared leaving only shadows. This game feels a bit slower than last year's, and is almost just like playing NCAA 14, only slightly faster paced, if that makes sense; definitely the same engine. Read Option and running is a killer.

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011
Seems mainly similar to last years but hey, I sure do love them roster updates. The training thing is good news for new and less seasoned players I expect although it never did say what holding LT actually does when near a defender or what qualifies as 'near'. Any idea Nuggan?

Spork o Doom fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Aug 15, 2013

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Started the Skill Challenge on the demo for the 360, put it on all-pro, no help text to guide you to what you are supposed to do. Pro everything is fine.

Kittykisses
Mar 20, 2009
Anyone know if they have brought back the option to sim the entire season in franchise/career mode this year? This is literally the single determining factor to whether or not I will buy the game.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Parlett316 posted:

Started the Skill Challenge on the demo for the 360, put it on all-pro, no help text to guide you to what you are supposed to do. Pro everything is fine.

Huh, I had it on Pro and I had no text either. It just dropped me at the LoS with no idea what was going on. And even when I did what I thought was right (having played the NCAA 14 demo) it still failed me. Same with read option training when it was obvious I was doing the right move to shovel pass over yet NOPE RED X.

:confused:

I look forward to seeing a patch for the demo :laugh:

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Got the invisible player bug in my first demo game.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kittykisses posted:

Anyone know if they have brought back the option to sim the entire season in franchise/career mode this year? This is literally the single determining factor to whether or not I will buy the game.

Yeah, that ruined 13 for me. You could still simulate week by week, but then you were losing out on the stupid practice scenario points. I pre-ordered for Sunday ticket, so within a day or so of release, I'll detail what's changed in franchise or connected careers or whatever the hell they're calling it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Is the passing D still garbage?

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

I havent played enough to be certain but feels like user picks are a bit easier assuming you dont just have a gaping hole that the CPU has passed into. The routes across the middle seem to be kind of soft options if you're in zone defence still but the CPU hasnt been pulling off any 10 foot vertical jumps to take it away yet.

So mixed I guess so far.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Tight end post is still a guaranteed 20-30 yard gain every single time. Not sure how that play is still so broken after all these years.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Seahawk Shadows are kicking Rodger's rear end. Had 5 sacks on him. He doesn't know what hit him. Literally.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

I played a couple games and it still seems like interceptions and sacks are the only way to stop the pass.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
At least Superman LB INTs seem to be less of a thing.

Sorry but LB's don't make 8 foot vertical INTs

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Dubious posted:

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to keep up with guys like Anquan "So Strong" Boldin

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Google Spreadsheet of player ratings.

Trophies

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:laffo: Thomas, Welker, and Decker come in at 90, 93, and 87 overall. Having Peyton for a QB does wonders for your Madden rating.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

quote:

Blaine Gabbert Legacy Award
Using a created player, coach, or owner - surpass a legacy score of 2.
:drat: Harsh.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

They padded his score by 2.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I finally got to play the demo :woop:
Jesus christ I'm bad at passing, yet my second-best run was when the game bugged out and made 80% of the on-field players invisible. I think it's information overload, I can't overthink the best way to dodge defenders I can't see so I just hit the first gap between shadows.

My first Madden touch since 10, I think it's enough to get me to not buy NCAA this year. Looks great (though it took one expedited demo game to make me sick of the "Timeout, here's *quarterback* drinking some Gatorade from an assistant on the sideline" cutscene), sound was good, gameplay felt fine for being totally slider-neutral...looking forward to Connected Franchise.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dubious posted:

I'm not sad they're gone.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Man they're advertising a lot of features that were in Madden 08.

Except for that one little feature where IT'S ON THE PC

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Is there a reason why there feels like a persistent lag with menus? Like, is there just too much going on with the game?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hey guys! There's a league being set up for the 360.

Let's get to it:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3565358&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

I'm very tempted to get the Amazon deal, but I'm unclear as to whether or not I would be forced to get DirecTV to get the Sunday Ticket thing. What I'm concerned about is the line about "not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service"-I definitely fall into that category (most of my neighbors have DirecTV, I just have no interest in it outside of Sunday Ticket). Can anyone verify that I'd still be able to use the Sunday Ticket MAX without subscribing to DirecTV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I haven't seen it in writing but I'm really sure you'd have to subscribe to DTV.
Otherwise they'd be losing out on potential millions of bucks.

• Locked thread