Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Harminoff posted:

Kind of a weird brag.

You don't want to end up with a bunch of Cabbage Patch Kids running around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

folder
Oct 9, 2016

General Dog posted:

I enjoyed the Jim Carrey episode. I thought he was weird and entertaining and Norm found a good balance of reigning him in a bit when he needed to. I mean the episode was worth it for "I cannot sanction your buffoonery" alone.

That TLJ story was good and I liked Adam's new stupid question

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

GoldfishStew posted:

Not that it matters but I don't cum in them.

well, let's pack it in eveybody, turns out this guy is normal

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
whispering "slow down, i'm almost there" into the ear of my realistic sex doll

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

you know whats not loving normal
making the same doll loving joke
relentlessly

suck my loving dick

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Your username shows your intelligence.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

GoldfishStew posted:

Gotta look a whole line below for your Av and Title to see yours, dipshit

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
*looks up from loving a doll* yeah, good one. That poo poo is played out

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

GoldfishStew posted:

Go back to the Opie and Anthony Reddit you jerk.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody take the dollfucking talk to the dollfucking thread right now. What if Norm walked in here right now and saw all this poo poo?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ppl making the same doll fucker joke 20 times in a row definitely do way nastier stuff than that guy.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Season's over, I love norm but we might as well close this thread.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

We need to keep it open for the surprise OJ episode.

Adam: "So how do you balance work and family?"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

General Dog posted:

Everybody take the dollfucking talk to the dollfucking thread right now. What if Norm walked in here right now and saw all this poo poo?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Gonna go see Norm in November and stay after to see if I can get some words in. Last time I saw him, he told me I reminded him of Edward Norton and I congratulated him on starting up the podcast again. Unfortunately, this was just after the first 2 episodes of this season, so the words probably rang empty due to the massive hiatus that hit afterward.

What should I ask him this time? What it's like to do coke with Tim Allen or what it's like to do coke with Jim Carrey?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
norm should get fat again because obviously he was more mentally agile back when he was the fat disgusting pig we all grew to love

or he should review his medication or something

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
He's seeing his nose doctor Tim Allen

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

DaveKap posted:

What should I ask him this time? What it's like to do coke with Tim Allen or what it's like to do coke with Jim Carrey?

Maybe ask him what books he's reading right now and if there are some he'd like to recommend.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
this thread has turned from poo poo into fuckin' poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0dDWJOUeIA

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

norm should get fat again because obviously he was more mentally agile back when he was the fat disgusting pig we all grew to love

or he should review his medication or something

He has tremendous anxiety and takes benzodiazepines, most notably xanax, to counter-act it. He doesn't drink or "take drugs" but if you've ever had a benzo, you'd see how they zonk you out. I think that in the interviews where his diction seems slurry or labored, he's likely had too many pills.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Norm drinks. A lot. It's sad.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
No, he's just gay.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

GoldfishStew posted:

Norm drinks. A lot. It's sad.

Proof? Sources? Evidence?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

steinrokkan posted:

No, he's just gay.

Norm isn't gay he's a deeply closeted gay, why he's never had a gay thought in his life!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Norm isn't gay he's a deeply closeted gay, why he's never had a gay thought in his life!

I beg to differ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6g5fncB-LI&t=801s

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

That's just a result of his oral fixation, not gay.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

shared under the creative comments license

Skylark posted:

my recapitulation of what i learned from jim carrey on norms show, recorded after a couple days of thinking about it and sayinf "Huh, TIL." aloud to myself - can be used as a study guide, creative commons license https://clyp.it/a0dv0cqt

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Lmao

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/-lr-eoK_t-M

https://youtu.be/EXrefTGDZmE

my fav norm clips

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Bit of a necro-post but I finally went to see Norm last night and figured I'd trip report for the other Norm fans on this board.

I'm deeply saddened to report that Norm's condition has only worsened since he made the latest season of Live. It was a bad sign when they booked an extra comedian for the show, shortening the length of Norm's act from the usual hour to 45 minutes. It was a worse sign when the host for the evening (typically a local comedian) had to do another 5 minutes of joke buffering before Norm came out. But once on stage with a Red Bull and his trusty "list of possible jokes I'll tell tonight" (now on 1 big sheet of paper as opposed to his usual sticky-note size [Did I mention I see Norm every year? I see him every year. I know his act]) it became apparent I wasn't going to be in for the usual night of Norm Macdonald.

I'd say about 30-40% of what Norm said came out more as a mumble than an enunciated sentence. Most of the jokes missed but the crowd, being die hard fans, laughed anyway. One person in particular would do the thing where he said the 1 or 2 words of a punchline real loud as he laughed. There was a joke about a psychotic break but at no point was there an understandable punchline to it. The deeply closest jokes came out and were better than usual but even his "I'll leave you with one more joke" bit at the end was a flop. His new material included jokes about how ghosts aren't scary but vampires are a scourge, which were good, but I can't think of any more material he did that wasn't him transitioning between 1 sentence of being present and elucidated followed by 4 sentences of flat out mumbling. Eventually, him drinking his Red Bull was a part of the act (half of Norm's charm is his delivery after all) but after a while you could tell that the Red Bull wasn't helping and he ran out a while ago. If something is wrong with Norm, it's hard to tell what it is. According to some stuff he was saying, it sounded like he's just getting old, but if you're not one to believe his insistence that he doesn't drink (which was a part of the act this night) he basically sounded like he was drunk off his rear end. Either that or high as a kite. What drugs give you mush mouth again?

As I walked out, not intent on sticking around to talk to the dead-ish grandpa who I doubted would be out for a chat anyway, staff at the club said "You lucked out. This show was his better than his previous ones" referring to the 5 other shows he had done this weekend. Ouch. I can only wonder where this is all headed. Twitter's got nothing. Google's got nothing. This is like knowing your favorite comedian is dying but everyone refuses to talk about it because it's too sad to think about. I don't know what's wrong with Norm and I don't know if we'll ever get classic Norm back without a visit to the Candy Man. I just wish I knew what to expect so I could know if going to see him live would ever be worth it again.

Edit: I just discovered he has a Reddit and there are other posts concerned like me. The typical "he's just having an off night" and "it's a running gag but he is always drunk" posts. Ah well.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 20, 2017

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I gave up on Norm after season 3/ his last special. Dude has rotted his brains on Xanax (I'm guessing?)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He does Periscope streams every so often and they're rarely coherent.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

DaveKap posted:

What drugs give you mush mouth again?

opiates or benzos, sounds more like benzos (or just him being old and not giving a poo poo)

Puppy Galaxy posted:

lol again

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

DaveKap posted:

Bit of a necro-post but I finally went to see Norm last night and figured I'd trip report for the other Norm fans on this board.

I'm deeply saddened to report that Norm's condition has only worsened since he made the latest season of Live. It was a bad sign when they booked an extra comedian for the show, shortening the length of Norm's act from the usual hour to 45 minutes. It was a worse sign when the host for the evening (typically a local comedian) had to do another 5 minutes of joke buffering before Norm came out. But once on stage with a Red Bull and his trusty "list of possible jokes I'll tell tonight" (now on 1 big sheet of paper as opposed to his usual sticky-note size [Did I mention I see Norm every year? I see him every year. I know his act]) it became apparent I wasn't going to be in for the usual night of Norm Macdonald.

I'd say about 30-40% of what Norm said came out more as a mumble than an enunciated sentence. Most of the jokes missed but the crowd, being die hard fans, laughed anyway. One person in particular would do the thing where he said the 1 or 2 words of a punchline real loud as he laughed. There was a joke about a psychotic break but at no point was there an understandable punchline to it. The deeply closest jokes came out and were better than usual but even his "I'll leave you with one more joke" bit at the end was a flop. His new material included jokes about how ghosts aren't scary but vampires are a scourge, which were good, but I can't think of any more material he did that wasn't him transitioning between 1 sentence of being present and elucidated followed by 4 sentences of flat out mumbling. Eventually, him drinking his Red Bull was a part of the act (half of Norm's charm is his delivery after all) but after a while you could tell that the Red Bull wasn't helping and he ran out a while ago. If something is wrong with Norm, it's hard to tell what it is. According to some stuff he was saying, it sounded like he's just getting old, but if you're not one to believe his insistence that he doesn't drink (which was a part of the act this night) he basically sounded like he was drunk off his rear end. Either that or high as a kite. What drugs give you mush mouth again?

As I walked out, not intent on sticking around to talk to the dead-ish grandpa who I doubted would be out for a chat anyway, staff at the club said "You lucked out. This show was his better than his previous ones" referring to the 5 other shows he had done this weekend. Ouch. I can only wonder where this is all headed. Twitter's got nothing. Google's got nothing. This is like knowing your favorite comedian is dying but everyone refuses to talk about it because it's too sad to think about. I don't know what's wrong with Norm and I don't know if we'll ever get classic Norm back without a visit to the Candy Man. I just wish I knew what to expect so I could know if going to see him live would ever be worth it again.

Edit: I just discovered he has a Reddit and there are other posts concerned like me. The typical "he's just having an off night" and "it's a running gag but he is always drunk" posts. Ah well.

huh when i saw him in Phoenix a few weeks back he was incredibly on top of his game and loving hysterical so :shrug:

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

well he named his tour gay mumbler

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Well after 3 Reddit topics were made just to talk about this weekend's lovely performance, it sounds like this is just a bad week for Norm and Xanax. Although others have seen him do the same thing at previous shows, he's apparently not permanently like this.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
thanks for the effort post. I'm sad to see Norm not feeling well. He's been very weird on twitter over the past few weeks and it's really unfortunate. I don't see that man going in good places currently.

Has anyone mentioned if he's definitely stopped working on his book? I know he just stopped working on his new one after what he wrote on twitter a few months back but with him it's always really hard to know if he's loving around or serious.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/932639280865804289

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Idk why he would say something like that, guy was a huge jerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat