Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
God this show was the best. I really really hope it comes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

beergod posted:

God this show was the best. I really really hope it comes back.

Agreed and it's not your fault, but I hate seeing this thread bumped and it's not someone saying "Norm's back next week!"

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
It ain't coming back... Norm's a notorious flake. :(

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

How Much Art posted:

It ain't coming back... Norm's a notorious flake. :(

Somebody better break the news to Rob Schneider then, since Norm very publicly invited him to do his podcast just a few weeks ago.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Pilot Jim posted:

Somebody better break the news to Rob Schneider then, since Norm very publicly invited him to do his podcast just a few weeks ago.

I hope I'm wrong!

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
That news kind of makes me hope it doesn't come back so that the invitation turns into a huge slam against Rob Schneider.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pilot Jim posted:

And by podcast he meant a brief meet-up under the Queensboro Bridge.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

lessthankyle posted:

That news kind of makes me hope it doesn't come back so that the invitation turns into a huge slam against Rob Schneider.

Once Norm MacDonald snubs you, there's no coming back.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I still listen to old episodes of this podcast all the goddamn time, I've listened to each episode at least ten times and I hope to christ it comes back.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.
Rob Schneider recently said that the liberal Hollywood agenda was preventing him from getting jobs in Hollywood.

Yeah...that's the reason

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Who needs Hollywood jobs when you can be a bubble tea spokesman.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Brekelefuw posted:

You can laugh, but Rob is sitting at home enjoying a bunch of delicious free bubble tea.

Maelaevi
Sep 24, 2013

AxeManiac posted:

Norm always seems drunk, which is weird because he says he's never drank or I guess just doesn't drink, never heard his getting drunk story.

The story was loving ridiculous. He said he went to a church raffle when he was 12 and won a bottle of whiskey and got drunk.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Terror Sweat posted:

You can laugh, but Rob is sitting at home enjoying a bunch of delicious free bubble tea.

Honestly, the visual is making me laugh.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Brekelefuw posted:

To be fair to Rob Schneider (when Rob himself isn't ever fair to himself with the roles he picks), you can do both things at once-- That bubble tea advert took 5 mintues of his life and he got paid for it, most likely in tons and tons of delicious bubble tea!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Nothing could have prepared me for the moment when I was walking around a mall and saw Rob Schneider's big lovely face on a big advertisement for Taiwanese tea.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Seriously, if somebody is going to pay you to say something is good and you don't hate that thing, take the cash and run. Can't fault a man for making a dime

Speaking of which, you guys heard of this thing, really grate product, buy one and I get a free grill scrubber

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

AxeManiac posted:

Seriously, if somebody is going to pay you to say something is good and you don't hate that thing, take the cash and run. Can't fault a man for making a dime

Speaking of which, you guys heard of this thing, really grate product, buy one and I get a free grill scrubber

Mangrate totally helped me get rid of the yeast infection. I hoped it would kill the crabs as well, but in the end I had to buy some upgrades to the heavy-duty brush.

9/10 would buy again.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

I don't really have a need for this product since my father is dead.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I put four ManGrate© 100% cast-iron mangrates on my grill and it's now several pounds heavier.

Thanks, ManGrate!

Ein
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe it's not the videopodcast people want but Norm Macdonald have been twittering a bunch of stuff lately. He's recently been ragging on Brett Easton Ellis for his comments on Alice Munroe getting a Nobel.

quote:

It is interesting to see Alice Munro, the writer's writer, criticized by @BretEastonEllis , the talentless hack's talentless hack.

quote:

I notice @BretEastonEllis describes himself as a writer in his twitter account. More of his brilliant satire.

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Adam Egret

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

kolby posted:

Adam Egret

He can only reach orgasm through knife-loving.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Stop bumping this thread, guys, you're making me sad.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Starting today, until the day I die, I will tweet Norm daily demanding he brings back the podcast.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Do I not understand Twitter or does Norm delete most of his stuff? It mostly only goes back a little ways, other than some weird older stuff.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Ariza posted:

Do I not understand Twitter or does Norm delete most of his stuff? It mostly only goes back a little ways, other than some weird older stuff.

He constantly deletes stuff.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

How Much Art posted:

He constantly deletes stuff.

Usually in a sober rage

Performula
Apr 7, 2009
I remember Video Podcast Network posting in the comments section (~3 weeks ago) of one of Norm's podcast episodes that this thing is returning tonight. I also read the same VPN user posting a comment on youtube that Norm has a book deal and he needed to meet a deadline, which is probably a factor in this hiatus.

Well does that mean it'll be airing in a few hours? I don't see any promos for it, but I hope so.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Performula posted:

Well does that mean it'll be airing in a few hours? I don't see any promos for it, but I hope so.

Given that Norm's currently livetweeting sports updates probably not :(

On that note, I strongly encourage everyone here to tweet norm daily requesting he bring back the podcast. Even if he responds that it's over, never stop.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Holy poo poo. I've found the treasure trove, everyone.

https://twitter.com/NormToSelf

Note to self: When hosting a podcast don't get a loser co-host like that @adameget, character
Note to self: Drive up to Vergennes, Vermont, hypnotize the remaining policeman and loot town!
Note to self: Never ever follow a vomit-spewing guy with a joke.
Note to self: Do not watch "Batman and Robin."
Note to self: Wearing headphones, only makes farts silent to oneself.
Note to self: The flesh-light is NOT self cleaning
Note to self: remember to get rear end wart cream for giant wart on my rear end.
Note to self: Making love to blow-up doll is NOT as good as advertised.

Everyone feel free to use this thread to post choice Norm to self's in the future.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 18, 2013

Beetlejuice v.o
Jul 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAESooUHrNg

Performula
Apr 7, 2009

My level of hopefulness is low, but I want this to be true. That being said, the tweet makes it sound like the Video Podcast Network does not have their act together. The TV crew in Norm's podcasts seems disorganized. Maybe the lack of professionalism contributes to all of these false restart dates being thrown around.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I doubt VPN has any control of Norm jerking them around.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
There's no chance that any amount of disorganization can cause Norm MacDonald to be any more or less of a notorious life-long flake.

Performula
Apr 7, 2009
When else in his career did he flake on things? I'm not keen on his history.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Performula posted:

When else in his career did he flake on things? I'm not keen on his history.

There was a show that Sam Simon was developing for him and there was a lot of behind the scenes work being done on it, and apparently he ended up just disappearing and never showed up again so they cancelled the show. Sam tried and tried to reach him but couldn't. Supposedly it was related to gambling.

Also I believe they ended up getting Adam Carolla to do the voice of Death on Family Guy because Norm was unreliable and flakey, not showing up for recording sessions and what not. There are TV and podcast appearances he's just not shown up for too... I think I heard things about him not showing up for SNL rehearsals...

I think it was Artie Lange who told a story about how Norm planned to pull a major prank when he was hosting SNL. The plan being, once he was done his monologue (which if you look it up is not very flattering of SNL), he would immediately head to the elevators and leave the building. Apparently he decided not to at the last minute, deciding it would be career suicide, not to mention a dick move.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

How Much Art posted:

I think it was Artie Lange who told a story about how Norm planned to pull a major prank when he was hosting SNL. The plan being, once he was done his monologue (which if you look it up is not very flattering of SNL), he would immediately head to the elevators and leave the building. Apparently he decided not to at the last minute, deciding it would be career suicide, not to mention a dick move.

That's not so much him being a lazy degenerate but just him getting a bit of payback.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Terror Sweat posted:

That's not so much him being a lazy degenerate but just him getting a bit of payback.

Yeah, to be honest I just wanted to tell the story because it's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

this led me to a must-watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaduY_sKce4

He's brilliant and I miss him.

• Locked thread