Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Vagithug posted:

Norm has been tweeting lately, hopefully the podcast will return soon :pray:

Hopefully indeed, this delay is a crime against humanity.

Also, hopefully he doesn't start Tweeting about religion and lose motivation due to all the negative feedback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Irish Joe posted:

The hiatus has been extended from "Summer" to "Indefinite."

So, basically, Norm finally finds a medium where he can't fail and flakes out.

Assuming Norm spent the Summer gorging on gravy and lard, they are probably waiting for elevators in the studio building to be reinforced.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pilot Jim posted:

Somebody better break the news to Rob Schneider then, since Norm very publicly invited him to do his podcast just a few weeks ago.

And by podcast he meant a brief meet-up under the Queensboro Bridge.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

AxeManiac posted:

Seriously, if somebody is going to pay you to say something is good and you don't hate that thing, take the cash and run. Can't fault a man for making a dime

Speaking of which, you guys heard of this thing, really grate product, buy one and I get a free grill scrubber

Mangrate totally helped me get rid of the yeast infection. I hoped it would kill the crabs as well, but in the end I had to buy some upgrades to the heavy-duty brush.

9/10 would buy again.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised with the Sandler episode. I wasn't impressed with the opening sketch, but it turned out to be one of the best podcasts so far.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

rawdog pozfail posted:

Lmao that joke from the second segment. You'll know the one.

You mean the only joke in that part? Not that I'm complaining.

I lost it at the "You should get married, and have a honeymoon, too", such a stupid line, but it hit really hard.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The heavy duty cast iron grid of the Man Grate ensures that the body won't ever float to the surface.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also I'm not really sure Norm's latest appearance is doing great service to the Dollar Shave Club.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I just hope they'll resolve the Kathy Griffin booking problems soon enough.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

How Much Art posted:

It's such a cheap shot, but it cracked me up when Norm just pointed with his thumb at Adam Eget and explained to Carl Reiner that he's a "filthy bum".

I loved Adam Eget's limp attempt at a hand shake at the hand. He's the gift that keeps on giving. :allears:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If there's one thing this podcast has taught me, it's that I loving hate Jash and Getting Doug with High or whatever it's called.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It was in bad taste of Todd Glass to make Norm laugh with all that weed in the middle of the holocaust lecture. How is Adam Eget supposed to learn if people are getting in Norm's way?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You know, Glass wasn't funny or anything, but he grew on me. He seems to be a pretty cool / likable guy who just doesn't fit the bill of a usual comic when put into a talkshow situation. Still, his chemistry with Norm was better than that of mot guests.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Those thick rimmed glasses really don't suit Norm's fat loving mockery of a face.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
But you can't appreciate that if your name isn't Adam Eget...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fly McCool posted:

It wouldn't have been bad if Norm wasn't so reticent and deferential, but for whatever reason he seems to hold Koechner is high esteem. When Koechner started to get noticeably irate he should have given him the Todd Glass treatment.

I liked the Todd Glass interview. He was an extrovert, and he kept in good spirits, never getting legitimately angry. In the end he gave Norm a lot of material to work with. I don't know much about Koechner, but he was just passive and sort of abrasive so there wasn't much of a potential for chemistry between them.

fuf posted:

I kind of don't get why he doesn't have better guests. Wouldn't most comics love to be on a show with Norm? He must be choosing his buddies or whatever.

I dunno, by and large his guests have been great, haven't they? Not all interviews can be hits, and even large network talk shows end up with lots of stinkers.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Wake me up when Eget publishes an album with the Carebear joke.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

How Much Art posted:

Norm is going to be a judge on next season's Last Comic Standing. Never thought I'd watch that show, but I have to now.

Is adam egret a contestant?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Advice posted:

My first thought was, "How many episodes will he make it until he needs to be replaced for never showing up?"

How Much Art posted:

No, he will replace Norm when he inevitably doesn't show up for taping.

The train of thought of any Norm fan :saddowns::hf::saddowns:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gyshall posted:

No but he is a holocaust denier

"Laughing at your jokes would be more disingenuous than believing that the smokestacks of Birkenau could support the death machine of the Holocaust "
- Norm Macdonald's verdict on Last Comic Standing

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

How Much Art posted:

Looks like Norm is doing a live feed of the Masters on Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GiPL9cC8A0

Sandwich Bonanza Vol. 2

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
And I bet nobody in the target audience knows who Norm is.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The emoji saga is concluded, and I must say Norm brings his top Dollar Shave Club game into the play. Wish he would have gone for a Mangrate spin instead, but oh well.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sintax posted:

I'm just imagining a goon watching Last Comic Standing specifically for Norm, the whole time crossing his arms with a look of smug indifference and pontificating the completely uninteresting post he will later make about how it isn't funny.

Yeah, my experience will be pretty weird.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Finger-licking good

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

theradiostillsucks posted:

How long before KFC gets the Mangrate treatment? Or will Norm's obvious faith in the product (Pepsi products aside) keep things from heading in the direction of everyone's favorite cast eye-rin grilling grate?

He already said in one of the podcasts that he thought KFC was disgusiting, but then he became a gross fat guy and suddenly couldn't get enough of it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Oh look, Adam Egret has earned his first IMDB entry :3:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm7092619/

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Human Crouton posted:

Who would work with that scumbag?

David Spade noted he sounded like Buffalo Bill

He ended up playing Buffalo Bill in David Spade's vehicle.

What a strange coincidence.

Also David Spade is a holocaust apologist.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

a cop posted:

Lol which ep is this from?

The one with Spade.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ThePriceIsRight posted:

i listened to all the episodes twice, what other podcasts are good for someone who thinks this is good?

I assume you've heard about Uhh Yeah Dude?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Chapters III - LVI: My favorite golf tournaments

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Glad to see Norm is no longer injecting gravy into his bloodstream.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country"
Truly this must be a gem worth being guarded jealously

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Norm hates Dostoyevsky? I thought he liked him.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Well, their producer is saying "stay tuned"

Can't wait to see that oval office face Adam Eget again.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lemon posted:

Adam Egret sucks

On the house, if you ask nicely.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Todd Glass was the best, but Gottfried was awesome also using the same material. It just shows how great Norm is - he can make stuff work equally well whether his partner is willing to cooperate or not.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is this real world?

Stephen Merchant? I'm cumming

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Started slow, but Norm eventually got things going. A very good episode overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dark Weasel posted:

Not enough Adam eget

I loved how Adam Eget couldn't get a word in edgeways.

• Locked thread