Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

a radii hike posted:

This bit about Albert Fish cracks me up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RLhgUYVIsk&t=3982s

I also lose it whenever Norm states that '9/11 really was a national tragedy' in just the most insincere tone of voice.

The Albert Fish clip was the one I was going to link. God drat, Norm's humor is the loving best when you 'get' it. As an aside, if Adam Eget gets any ACTUAL hate from people, which I think is just yet another 'bit' and all, people should watch Dom Irrera's video podcast (or whatever you wanna call it, he has a similar kinda show to this at the Laugh Factory) with his awful cohost, who is universally reviled by all the stand-up community. He's the awful Israeli guy who has no sense of humor, has a fascistic managerial style, and a hands-on approach to Laugh Factory stand-up business and everyone hates on him and it's glorious. Bill Burr has a great story about how awful he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The Sports Show was only 2 or so years ago and Norm looked thin and good there, too. Norm bloating up has to be intentional for comedy, he's the kind of guy who'd do that sort of thing.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Norm being completely incoherent in the intro is gold. As is Jack Link's beef jerky! :haw:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh my god, I just loved how Norm came back with a sandwich and silently ate it while Gilbert was deconstructing why his "I'm gonna light myself on fire!" bit wasn't funny. That is PERFECT Norm comedy.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

WYA posted:

Just looked it up and mangrate has pulled their sponsership :lol:

That's smart, especially considering that their one spot has been played 500x more because it was funny than it would've if it was just a normal ad. Idiots.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The Real Quaid posted:

Since the Andy Dick episode at end of May, Norm has recorded only once in 5 weeks. Hope I'm wrong, but this new 'extended hiatus' doesn't sound very promising for future the show :(

Do you think anyone's going to let him give up on this show that quickly when it's become so popular so fast? Norm's popular as gently caress still, and he's probably generated a ton of ad revenue for VPN.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus Christ, why did this have to end so quickly? It was my favorite new podcast for those few weeks, now it's dead. Ugh.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Brekelefuw posted:

Who needs Hollywood jobs when you can be a bubble tea spokesman.

To be fair to Rob Schneider (when Rob himself isn't ever fair to himself with the roles he picks), you can do both things at once-- That bubble tea advert took 5 mintues of his life and he got paid for it, most likely in tons and tons of delicious bubble tea!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
There's no chance that any amount of disorganization can cause Norm MacDonald to be any more or less of a notorious life-long flake.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
One thousand? Beaten times 38. GIVE US MORE YOU, NORM.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I think Norm is intentionally playing up his flakiness at this point. This HAS to be intentional, right?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Did I miss an official announcement that this isn't coming back or something? Why the recent flurry of activity that seems to suggest that it's really definitively over?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He's an ay-rab, if that helps!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Remember when the show was definitely coming back in January/February? Good times.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That does remind me why I'm still waiting for this loving thing!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Claw Massage posted:

And he lost weight?

Yeah, apparently there was a small part he was cast in.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Everything about the Todd Glass episodes owned.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I forgot about Todd Glass's tattoo. What a bad tattoo.

That's a sleeve. Not a sleeve tattoo, an actual sleeve. It's a joke that he wears because it's ridiculous that he would have such a thing. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNgqcLJRzlY

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Whoa, that's pretty crazy!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Someone doesn't 'get' Todd Glass, and that's sad. He's missing out on something great. It's like not finding Norm's bit at the Bob Saget roast funny, or Gilbert Gottfried's one for that matter.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, that Maron one owned. Just good old-fashioned enjoyable interview. I love when Marc 'got' the jokes segment and just fell in love with it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

How Much Art posted:

"Norm MacDonald Live is taking a short summer hiatus."
Boooooooooooo

See you guys next April.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Other than canning Jeselnik's show, which loving ruled, they've been doing good from a management standpoint. Andy Daly's show was great, Nathan For You as well, Schumer and Kroll's shows are huge successes for them (and rule so goddamn hard), and letting Tosh exist long enough that his audience blew the gently caress up let them use his show as a ratings tentpole to launch other poo poo. Just put something behind Tosh and then see if it'll succeed later without it. Which, sadly, is how Jeselnik Offensive loving died, but you can't win 'em all. I'm just curious what CC will be once The Daily Show no longer exists, whenever it ends up dying. It's easily been their #1 property since around 2004, since it runs 4 nights a week instead of just one.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Norm is a bizarrely comedy-minded guy. You only can really get an indication of his life through the WTF interview with him. Which was AMAZING.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The Human Crouton posted:

Norm's comedy knowledge is amazing. I swear that he knows every act by every comedian that ever lived. He should write a book about the history of comedy.

Oh, there's also that, but I meant more that he rarely says something serious when he can do a bit.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That's our Norm! Yeah, he was on Adam Carolla's radio show and that's one of his stories that came out. So of course he doesn't loving tell it everywhere, because THAT would be funny yet personal. Damnit, Norm, you are gold. QUIT HOLDING BACK!!!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
LUCKILY, he was only on the show a few times. He's a hard guest to lock down, you see. While wanted, he frequently just slept right through calling in or otherwise hosed off from an appearance. Again: Norm rules.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Check out the people who didn't win on that show if you want to be full of rage.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I thought it was 9. I only have 9 of the episodes of Sports Show. :(

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Why would a Holocaust apologist work with a Holocaust denialist?!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

steinrokkan posted:

Well, their producer is saying "stay tuned"

Can't wait to see that oval office face Adam Eget again.

I think being a Holocaust deniar comes before being a oval office-faced individual in terms of priority to insult him by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Todd Glass is a taste you clearly haven't acquired yet. Some people like to guzzle jizz, some don't; I don't, but I don't find fault in those who do. You're just the kind of person who does and that's okay. Just call you ADAM EGET!

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 30, 2016

• Locked thread