Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«302 »
Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Fun Shoe

The game takes place in rural New England. There are more guns than people in the US. If they wanted to be realistic every third house would have at least one gun and several hundred rounds of ammo, every farm would have welding equipment, and there would be a LOT more food in every pantry. They don't want to be realistic, it's an excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

Things they don't like: "this isn't realistic, so the gameplay effect doesn't enter into it"
Things they do like: "it makes for better gameplay, even if it's not strictly realistic"

Caidin
Oct 28, 2011

So their idea of winter play is sit in the house and study it away? Like I finish my book learning by summer if I'm really dragging my rear end, four months is a lot of time here. Hell I only ever made it to winter once before getting bored since they started making seasons actually season length, and that was because I was grinding magiclysm spells up to they're max level.

Short of some totally wild reworks there just isn't that much to do.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

From the perspective that layers offer better protection so some amount of layering is usually what you're going for in clothing, theoretically winter should be your best bet for city raiding because you can do your combat without too much fear of anything ripping through whatever armor you should have put together between spring and winter. Summer is the real shitshow because you have to strip off layers so you can't fight as effectively, but you almost certainly still need stuff and probably a lot of it. Usually I'm walking around in a turnout coat some light pants or some plated armor and a helmet and some shoes and nothing else at all because you just can't wear anything else.

«302 »