Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

So I guess the developer of UndeadPeople is a transphobic shitlord? Have been digging the set, but given he had a public meltdown over this PR https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/51079, deleted his discord, and vowed not to work on DDA or BN anymore I figure I'll swap to something else more permanently now. Also apparently this is a common occurrence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Sab Sabbington posted:

So I guess the developer of UndeadPeople is a transphobic shitlord? Have been digging the set, but given he had a public meltdown over this PR https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/51079, deleted his discord, and vowed not to work on DDA or BN anymore I figure I'll swap to something else more permanently now. Also apparently this is a common occurrence?

Yeah it's happened a few times before. And despite him being a shithead, he kind of has a point about how he and all developers outside the Kevin fiefdom are treated.

It's a shame, since UndeadPeople is literally the only feature-complete and mod-comprehensive texture pack and likely always will be.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

You wield your tent.

Fake edit: ^^ That also sucks.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Manager Hoyden posted:

Yeah it's happened a few times before. And despite him being a shithead, he kind of has a point about how he and all developers outside the Kevin fiefdom are treated.

It's a shame, since UndeadPeople is literally the only feature-complete and mod-comprehensive texture pack and likely always will be.

Ultica is getting there though I don't know how well it supports mods, it looks a hell of a lot better too

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

goatsestretchgoals posted:

You wield your tent.

Fake edit: ^^ That also sucks.
Oof

Can you deconstruct the pier for nails? Not sure if you can build a boat otherwise as I assume you don't start with welding gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Not sure yet, I survived that initial encounter by running away to the top left corner of the island and switching between rifle and pistol but I bounced off the new pocket system hard last night. I think I know what I was doing wrong* and I'm going to try again tonight or this weekend. I'm sitting on a decent hoard of military gear including multiple days of food so the next task is going to be getting off this island, preferably with at least some of my gear.

* So apparently your pocket autopickup settings are completely ignored if you try to do something silly like...insert an item into a specific container. This is dumb as hell but I'm pretty sure I can work around it by setting specific pockets to 999 priority with small whitelists then putting my main looting backpack at 998? Once again, this is a stupid way to do it.

http://cddawiki.chezzo.com/cdda_wiki/index.php?title=Clothing#Inserting_and_Unloading_Pockets posted:

By default, items picked up will be distributed to the smallest available space into which they can fit. Items can be manually moved between items of clothing by selecting the clothing item, then gong to the insert menu. The insert menu will display all items currently in the player's inventory (not including the surrounding area) that can fit into a pocket on the selected item, but does not itself permit for placing items in specific pockets. Important: Using the Insert option will override pocket pickup settings, and place the item in the first available pocket.

Unloading an article of clothing will dump all items contained in that clothing into other pockets on the player, or the ground if no space remains (unloaded items won't empty into themselves).