Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Two questions:

1) Is rain water safe to drink? Or will I end up getting poisoned like what happens when I drink from the toilet. I can't believe I just typed that.

2) About how long does the negative mood from killing an innocent person last? Some dumbass walked up to me, right outside my evac shelter, and told me that I was in their territory, and called me a shithead. I may starve to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

3 turns in to a new run. 3 turns.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

Galaga Galaxian posted:

At least you aren't losing much? I mean, besides your life.

Mostly I'm curious how it could have attacked me. It actually didn't kill me (yet, but i'm well on my way) and I severely injured it. I could have killed it probably but I wasn't fast enough to catch it, and I kept going blind/maybe unconscious?

Also there's a Shimmering Portal right outside the southern door to my shelter. I don't know what it does but things keep popping out and disappearing. And they're following me, far away from the portal. Oh my god are these hallucinations? They can damage me, I think, but when I hit them, they disappear. Annnnd dead. I may have been killed trying to climb through a window.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Some fucker busted one of the windows in my shelter and stole a bunch of rags and similar garbage until I intimidated him away (dozens of guns just sitting there), and just now some chick was in the basement/my bedroom/CBM storage area and I couldn't intimidate (only a quest). Fortunately I don't think she stole anything yet, but she's still there (I've moved the CBMs to the storage locker). I'd rather not kill her because of the horrible morale hit and I can't make her attack me.

What's the best way to keep my stash safe in the Evac shelter? Will boarded up windows and doors keep them out?

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
They changed encumbrance in the experimentals? I've started a new run and I've got 70 (!) torso encumbrance. Granted I'm wearing makeshift slings and emergency jackets and similar starting garbage gear but that is incredible.

Should I still be aiming for 0? In the stable builds encumbered 3 would basically make melee impossible but I haven't seen anything with less than about 5 or so.

Related question, archery and guns aren't effected by torso encumbrance right? They use arm and hand?

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
That makes sense and actually seems quite nice, thanks.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
You can also make mutagen with tainted meat. If you can find enough ammonia and bleach you can make a multiple gallons. You can dehydrate the meat first too, if your cooking skill isn't high enough yet (it probably isn't).

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
My last survivor lasted 28 days without ever finding a skill book that goes above level 3(more or less). The lack of good recipes made everything much harder. I was using a longbow and metal arrows most of the time which did basically 8 or 10 damage, basically nothing compared to a half decent melee weapon. Took ages to clear out a hospital filled with Huge Boomers. How much better is the reflex recurve bow?

On the plus side I found a bull whip early in the game so my melee and marksmanship was absurdly high.

Ended up being killed by a Feral Predator who slashed me in the gut. I slowly bled out trying to make it back to my house for bandages.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
I remember someone in this thread, or the LP thread, mentioned that refugee centers are really good places to check out, especially if you have NPCs on. You can actually find out where one is by checking out the console in your evac shelter. This may be only in experimentals or only with certain computer skill level.

And also I've found a road map in cars before.

Foodahn fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 17, 2015

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

Artificer posted:

And I suppose a fair amount of rags, leather, kevlar, plastic, and metal to go along with all of that. Okay, thanks that's good. I think I'm also going to find tools that I need and can't use my integrated toolset for and take them along too.

You probably don't need rags or metal, unless you're heading out to the wilderness. You can get metal from cars obviously and if you find a house you have basically more rags than you'll ever need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Is this Niten Ichi-ryu only available from books in dojos? Is it possible to start with it? I don't even know what it is.