Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
This game is really dope. I still haven't survived a full 12 hours until the first sundown though. So I can't quite tell, is there a sprint or run button? I found posts saying there was one, but the game has seemingly changed a lot since it was released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
If I put a V8 into an apc, will that work out OK? I found a fairly intact one nearby and I already have the engine.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Ah yeah, I noticed the fuel tanks. I've only found one other diesel vehicle so far, and it was a semi truck I employed to kill a few dozen of zombies outside of a mall.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I went into a mine and didn't find much, except for an enormous wave of green poison that kept expanding while I was mining, with me barely making it out. Is this common?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I tried static NPCs and it was fun for a bit. I amassed a crew, and I even got one guy to guard the front room of the house I was in (I had to set up camp in the city since I started as a school janitor, with no evac shelter in sight), and I would often awake to find shocker zombie corpses or splatters of bile, but after a while there were just too many violent NPCs roaming the city.

I could see it eventually being pretty sweet if you could build up a secure house or even a small town with walls ringing the buildings, then having guards stationed around the perimeter. Once they figure out the roaming zombies option I want to try that.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

I found a fursuit. It's incredibly warm and provides me with 100% coverage. The downside is it's a fursuit.

I hadn't seen the wolf fur suit before, and when I came upon it in a small room in a house at night it honestly gave me more of a shock than any other monster has.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I tried to shoot any of the tank's guns, but I couldn't configure any of the turrets or fire them manually. The tank was in decent shape so I'm not sure what part could be missing.

I enabled the vehicle additions mod, which maybe makes the turrets invalid since they aren't in a turret housing or whatever? but then I thought the pack was required for the tank. There is ammo left in the tank.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Is there a bug with NPCs not doing anything? I can talk to them but they won't follow me, attack anything, or react to me attacking them until they die. I'm on one of the latest experimental builds, with only the vehicle additions mods.

Also some of the starts, like the Assault on Precinct or Ambush ones, start you off with guns with incompatible ammo, even though it says it's the correct caliber. That's a more understandable bug though so I don't need to a solution to that.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
^^^ whoa

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

There are foldable carts as well.

I just remembered I was making a fold-able wooden cart and had forgotten about it :| What are the odds someone finished my commit for me?

I'm not sure what you mean, but there is a mod included with the experimental build that adds lots of vehicle parts, and foldable wooden frames and baskets are in there.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
The battery thing is weird, but it's arguably cool to have a boom crane or forklift on your deathvan to assist you in tearing apart wrecks. In practice though, I just keep it in a cargo hold and install it on a random frame whenever I need to use it and it's 20 minutes to install, so it doesn't really affect much.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
In the end it's just one more tool you collect and store in your 3x3 cargo hold for when you need it, but the problem is probably that there's no compelling gameplay centered around the journey to secure a mechanical lifting solution. Whereas with, say, a welder, you go from a makeshift welder using double the battery power for every job to a real welder, and you upgrade that welder to work off car batteries so you're carry 20 pounds with your welder whenever you wanna use it, and finally you get a vehicle welding rig out of a recipe or lucky drop and you're in heaven. Or with any of the hand tools, finding them all and compiling them into a toolbox gives you convenience and satisfaction in a range of situations. There's nothing like that for lifting apparatuses, which are just like jacks in that you get it and keep it within arm's length in your car and you use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
If vehicle parts weren't so fragile and randomly susceptible to damage it would be okay to leave the lifting thing on your car full time though. And personally I've been able to replace batteries on my own at some points on the latest experimental and not at some others. It's finicky and unrewarding like a lot of the systems.

I think there is some gameplay value to be had from the lack of capabilities in building a car, just like with the clothing-related systems, but it's just not tuned right