Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Put it back in so I can get back to masturbating to ascii already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh. That's why they said to avoid malls.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Too late, that one kind of does it on its own.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Came across trails of blood with packets of cocaine at the end.

Ooookay.

Then just north of that I found more blood trails with panties at the end.

Right I'm out of here.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Still working on surviving my first day on my horrible lab freak run. Made it out of the wilderness and into town so I can get more clothes other than underwear on when I spot something out of the corner of my eye in a store.

Is that a loving battleaxe? I smash my way in, drop my rock and pick up the axe.

Then I notice the zweihander in the back of the store. :getin:

So a question about clothes: Do I need to put stuff on in order, or will the game take care of ordering for me?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I look loving ridiculous. I'm in a full motorcycle suit with a leather duster, thigh high boots, wearing a wetsuit hood, a spiked german helmet and several scarves while chopping up zombies with a two handed sword.

This is kind of awesome.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Found a suit of samurai armor and armored boots and a loving nodachi.

Then a rotweiler bit me in the head because I still hadnt found a helmet on this character.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh so that's what not having enough strength does. Weapons getting stuck in zombies and being too weak to break out of grabs.

Also oh god why did I enable the anamatronic monsters. It tore through a horde of zombies and killed me with a bite to the head.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ugh, I wish I could get generic guns on earlier versions rather than this super encumbering build.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Starting a fire indoors then trying to boil water on it is a really bad idea.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I opened up a garage, saw a car and a ton of gear. Behind me was a horde of zombies. I wanted to loot the place properly so I activated the winch to close the garage door.

It landed on my head, stunning me and throwing me outside into the pack of zombies. :cripes:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

After that I discovered battering rams and put those everywhere. I wandered from town to town looking for diesel to fuel my murdertruck. It was self sustaining, covered in solar panels. I probably could have torn out the diesel engine and put in an electric one I guess. Had fridges, tons of storage, built in welder and kitchen. Things were going great.

Then I blundered into sight of a milspec turret. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RNG didnt favour me. Still, I was already thinking about what to do better for my next vehicle. Like try use a gasoline engine since it's more plentiful. Or even go full electric with enough storage and panel space.

Or even a battle bicycle. With steamroller wheels.

Though the best part wasnt even the deathtruck. It was finding a pristine saxaphone and playing that thing day and night to cheer myself up while running over zombies. I wouldnt stop playing even to sleep, had to put it away first.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 12, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Been trying the lab challenge. Finally murdered the guard turret by throwing wood at it but now I'm stumped by the doors. Do I have to go back in and try kill zombie scientists til one drops a science id card?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There seems to be only one lab in this entire world.

One turret door is jammed open by a pile of corpses that I keep getting lured to. :downs:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What do you do with the teleporters, do you just have to start with high traps?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh neat. Found one. And the stairs up!

Now to turn it on and.... I'm in a room right in front of a turret. RIP.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Using the teleport just got me shot dead. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I found a spare teleporter in one of those teleporter test rooms. :stare:

Then outside I found a military truck, which I used to ram a hole into the lab. There's that problem solved.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh what the gently caress. I busted out of the lab with a str 20 lab monster. Stole a car and wandered off to the woods to heal up.

I sleep to the next day and now my stats are flat 8s across the board. What's going on?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm pretty sure I disabled that then generated a new world.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's probably something wrong with my install since I tried installing over. Is there a way to upgrade worlds to newer builds, or activate/deactivate mods on a world in progress?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I lit a few small wrecks on fire to burn up nearby zombies. Then with a horde on my tail I noticed a nearby tanker.

:supaburn:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also I found out what "There's a lot of heat coming out of these stairs!" meant.

:supaburn:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god why was there a military outpost with turrets just around this mall (thus camoflaged by all the M's)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Welp if you're tired and sleep near fungaloids laying down spore beds, you might wake up to your car completely entombed in the stuff. Trying to drive out just ripped my car apart.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

20 str is perfectly doable on the lab challenge.

AW COME ON.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yep. I guess my character could have been exploring then it turned on? But yeah the worst start.

Anyway trying to make headway in the lab start. What do people do for food and water? There's unsafeish water around and bottles of clean water. I suppose if you have cannibal you could eat the clone vat contents. Is there anything that lets you eat tainted meat?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did you grab the source? The builds are here: http://dev.narc.ro/cataclysm/jenkins-latest/Windows/Tiles/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hooray, escaped the lab and established a little base in a nearby town. Let's put a brazier by the door and start a fire so I can craft a little then sleep.

OH GOD I THOUGHT BRAZIERS WERE SUPPOSED TO STOP FIRES SPREADING.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Save and quit to the menu, go to options, and turn it off under debug.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Press * and scroll all the way down. Start Vehicle Construction is near the bottom.

I found a fursuit. It's incredibly warm and provides me with 100% coverage. The downside is it's a fursuit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You can use any frame type. You can make a light wood frame by pressing & and going to Other->Parts. Takes two by fours and some rope though. You might have better luck smashing or cutting up a vehicle if you've got 2 mechanics. And putting together a vehicle needs a bunch of duct tape and some tools.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh man. My 20 str character can shove cars, but not flatbed trucks. So much for free storage. Wait, what if I smash up everything BUT the storage?

It totally worked. Dragging around 6000 volume of storage with my muscles and throwing everything inside it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So what's the best thing to add to the ramming parts of your vehicle? Blades are actually worse than spikes despite taking more to create. I've already got heavy frames there and for laughs I stripped the rollers off a steamroller and attached them to the front with spiked steel plates.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah but that stuff requires level 8 mechanics. I mean you'll get there through constantly repairing a vehicle but it'll take awhile.

My melee monster is doing pretty well but yeah I think I've exhausted the walking distance around my base, set up around an old church for the console's light. I've found working consoles in churches and radio stations, so might have to look for another one to move into. Pity that you cant cook through the heat of a monitor. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay that's new. Lab challenge started me outside of the lab building.

Inside a military truck.

Outside the truck is a tank drone.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It might be part of the expanded vehicle parts mod.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Or build an entire car out of bone. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You dont get any happiness as a cannibal from eating one, proving that fetuses arent people. :can: