Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Mods, please restore the tag, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

So I just stumbled across a Master Zombie for the first time, and it turned a regular zombie into a zombie dog.

:wtc:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Why was 'e' removed as an exit the car keybinding? It's bloody annoying.

Edit: Regarding zombie dogs, it looks like they can bash down doors. Such a lazy swap.

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jun 8, 2013

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Yep.

Say, does anyone know if the small relics from the cathedral do anything except make me a filthy robber?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Its pretty gratifying to see some of my gripes with the game be marked as fixed on the spreadsheet :3:

Will any of the fixes here be merged with the DDA trunk?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

You can turn static mode off in the options, but I'm finding spears to be really solid in static mode. If you can find a steak knife or something at the start of the game, the knife spear is great.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Jon93, can you share the source code to your fork? I can add a few of the bits of lower priority bullshit into the game.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

The tutorial is a self-contained thing that you're meant to quit once you're done. You can toss a grenade at a wall and escape to FREEDOM if you so choose, but you really should just start a new game.

You pick up stuff from display racks by hitting 'e' and the direction to which the rack is adjacent to you. Weapons are fired by 'w'ielding a ('r'e)loaded gun and 'f'iring it, and hitting F gives you the option for burst fire on some weapons.

Have fun.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

PiCroft posted:

Is there anything else regarding clothing repair/reinforcement people want in the meantime?

Some way to modify clothing beyond reinforcing and fitting it would be nice. Stuff like sewing in insulation for extra warmth, or sticking some home-made armoured plating in something.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Which is dumb and terrible. There aren't many situations where you need to pick up stuff from an adjacent vehicle storage when driving.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

The new vehicle physics are still a joke if you dare try and drive a car that spawned transposed across another one.

Also, I can't seem to find the bedroll and raincatcher craftable in the new GDA.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Fur as a mutation isn't stupid when you've got temperature as a serious survival consideration thingamejig, and those were in long before the DDA team took over.

+8 to dodge is loving stupid, however, and it is a drat good thing you toned that down.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

PiCroft posted:

I don't believe so, there isn't any way to mix the chemicals. Even if you poured both out onto the ground, they wouldn't produce gas. Its a nice idea though!

Just confirmed this, they don't.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

So with the targeted mutation serums, I can understand where they get the beast, rat, plant, bug, spider, slime and whatever genetic samples from. But, where do they get the cephalopod genetics from? :cthulhu:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

PiCroft posted:

I was also looking at implementing some kind of electrical system as well. It would be cool if you could power a building and turn on all the lights, and get powered fridges you can preserve food in. I think this is probably quite ambitious though.

Of course it's ambitious, but the game is in dire need of things to do once you've got basic survival down pat.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

PiCroft posted:

Gun poo poo

The best part is that the structure for this is already there in the code. The underbarrel shotgun attachment allows a gun to load a different ammo type (shells), and other modifications already change weapon stats in a way that you could justify different stocks, barrels, receivers and so forth doing.

Go for it.

If there's anything I can help with, please let me know. I'm just really sick of looking at the Cataclysm code base. :shobon:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

If you can find a hammer early on in the game, go break down a window, turn a locker into scrap, and make a spike.

Bam. Knife spear. Excellent weapon.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Another thing Cataclysm sorely needs is the ability to specify equipment type flags in crafting recipes, so instead of specifying a million loving kinds of knife you can just say "a knife" (or is_knife), which should also cut down on things not being able to take tools that they logically should.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Sometimes I love Cataclysm worldgen. :allears:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Boards are also sources of steel plating, as are playgrounds.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

So apparently Jabberwocks are a thing now? :confused:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

So I just killed a dog.

:wtc: at it just dropping 5x5 tiles worth of bear traps. That's like..Well over a thousand bear traps crammed into that undead pooch.

Edit: Okay. Well, everything is dropping a shitload of bear traps now. Save file here.

Anyone else getting the same fuckup?

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jun 19, 2013

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

And Whales spent over a month towards the end of his involvement with Cataclysm implementing them, instead of unfucking anything else about the game.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

gently caress fungi, and gently caress mosquitos.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Seeing a fungal bloom on the map when starting a new game is basically my cue to re-roll the world.

gently caress fungaloids.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I just asked the Cataclysm DDA devs and chat room about why Whales isn't mentioned at all in the kickstarter pitch.

i2amroy posted:

they aren't important to the kickstarter pitch
so they don't need to be mentioned
while he is important
it's a sales pitch

The sentiment was echoed by a few other people in there. I think Roy is just some bystander. According to GryphGlyph, kickstarter ate the section that was supposed to mention the guy.

Also, Whales had to hear about the kickstarter from a third party.

Edit: A hasty mention has just been crowbared in halfway down the page.

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 22, 2013

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Vehicles were a third-party mod that got merged in. As much as I'd love to punch Whales for the terrible code in the rest of the game, he can't be blamed for that part.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

The bugginess of solar panels at the moment really annoys the crap out of me.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

You can also get it off robots.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Very little. The DDA team is largely just merging in community contributions with little apparent oversight, and focusses more on new features while outstanding bugs and issues remain unresolved.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

haximus prime posted:

There wouldnt happen to be a repo set up for the GDA mod would there? I feel like I would be wasting effort messing around with official.

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

PiCroft posted:

Thats for the DDA build, the GDA build is here: https://github.com/JonTerp/Cataclysm-DDA

Also, no offense to Jon but I'm thinking of putting the Furry Body mutations back in. It was a useful mutation and I disagree with its removal because furries (if that were the case we'd have to remove all mutations). Is this okay with people (Jon included)?

In addition, if you have suggestions and bug reports, please use Jon's form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19yPWYabJaKwv-FIGv5YSE4tcYZVRKMkjbI8dzA7yu68/viewform

And you can see the responses here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AncNp4c6stYIdExxRzRpODVzSlF1c05xWUxIdmZnMkE#gid=0

Please ignore mine, its better if we keep the suggestions in one place.

Go for it. It was pretty kneejerk stuff, and a bit of extra warmth could be handy in the winter.

+8 dodge on tails was pretty goddamn ridiculous though, and should stay nerfed.

Edit: PiCroft's post mirrored on the new page. I can't find the new version on that page, though. Also, the list needs a bit of updating with respect to the new main DDA version. Are there any parts you need help on for future releases?

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 25, 2013

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Definitely needs a new thread and more momentum.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I was asked by the DDA team earlier today what tweaks might they want to pull in from GDA. As much as I've shat on them for the kinda skeezy kickstarter and adding far more bugs than fixing them, it does look like they're more than happy to reach out here. To their credit, they were pretty darn good at reasonably evaluating the tweaks I presented, and I know that at the very least shelter kits got their volume dropped as a result.

In a community filled with casual homophobia, members pining for the lost rapey days of HellMOO (ARGH GOONS), and gun nuts, I can only imagine that some more reasonable goon voices can do the game some good.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

The title at the top of the window still says version 0.3 :v:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

So what's new in 0.4?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Jonny Retro posted:

Reinforced gear.

I notice you haven't reinforced your sunglasses. Try it with a soldering iron.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Some changes appear to have been lost in GDA 0.34. Shelter kits still take up a full backpack, for one.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

unforgiveable, PiCroft.

Seriously, thanks for stepping up to the plate on this one. Don't stress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

What is it about modders and drama?