Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Am I able to install Aftershock or other mods and continue using my existing save? Or do I have to start over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Wait, how do I see my melee penalty? Iím playing the latest stable release of that matters.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Daktar posted:

Are vehicle mounting points working right in the new version? Loved having a deathcycle attached to my deathmobile last time I played, but it never seemed to attach/detach properly and I think eventually trying to do so caused the game to crash.

Sometimes I have issues with my motorcycle saying it doesnít have an engine. Thatís been easily fixed loading it then unloading it again. No crashes yet and Iím nearly a full year into roaming the wasteland in my mobile fortress.

Though I did have one portion of the bike rack get destroyed which made the game think the front half of the bike was welded to my multi-ton swat van. That was an utter pain to detach since Iím well over any type of jack maximum weight.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

I got fairly well into a game with the Dark Skies Above mod before realizing it seems to have removed all other monster types. Is there a way to get other types of monsters/ regular zombies to spawn as well in my existing game?

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

How is Dark Skies Above, anyway? It looked like a huge change but I wasn't sure how fleshed out it was.

I havenít played CDDA since 0.E so Iím not 100% sure whatís new or just the Dark Skies Above mod. I dig that thereís a ton of derelict buildings and half destroyed houses from what appears to be meteor strikes. Nothings as pristine as it seemed to be before.

I have my city size set to 12 and spacing to 12 as well but havenít seen anything significant other than the small town I started in. This is despite having driven a few real world hours. So I actually havenít seen to much if any of the content. Supposedly thereís new quests and such but I havenít seen any NPCs yet.

The monster types donít seem to be that different. I assumed since they were aliens I wouldnít have to pulp corpses but nope they raise just like normal. I also set my monster evolution a bit lower cause I never liked seeing a dissoluted devourer after what felt like right off the bat.