Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Aagh, Jabberwocks are such bullshit. Why make bears less murderous and then introduce an enemy that'll tear you apart the instant you step into a forest? Or outside my shelter, in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

How do I make plastic chunks? Is it a crafting recipe or do I need to chop something up like making rags?

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Ah, hold on, are plastic chunks in GDA 0.35? I use my scissors on plastic bottles and I don't get anything, and if I try to use my soldering iron I just get a message about not needing to cauterize my wounds.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

How do I stick arrowheads on to arrows? Ammunition seems to be remarkably scarce in my game, and I can't scrounge up a hand press anywhere, so I'm giving archery a try.

e: Never mind, figured it out. I didn't have enough archery skill.

e2: Haha, you can build a ballista. Archery! :v:

Daktar fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 28, 2013

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

It's kind of annoying that you can only siphon gasoline out of vehicles at the moment. I installed a water tank on my hugely modified semi-truck, intending to siphon water out into my canteen as necessary, but I found out that it only works with the RV kitchen unit. I did make one of those, but foolishly I did so inside my shelter, and it's too heavy to bring outside and install. I'm currently driving around looking for a hydraulic muscles CBM. So I can make myself a nice little camper van. It would probably be easier just to make another unit. This game.

e: And wow, frostbite is a bitch. Any way to cure it or am I stuck being a gangrenous freak for the rest of this character's life?

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Nevets posted:

Can't you use the '/' inventory interface to move the item? It's slow but that's how I move tons of heavy poo poo like logs and sheet metal 2 tiles at a time into the back of my truck.

This worked, thanks. It's a complicated process, though. The game really could do with a simpler system for dragging poo poo.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Speaking of added vehicle stuff, it'd be awesome if you could add special tiles to your vehicles that let you drive other vehicles onto them. Imagine rolling up outside a new town in your tank, going into the back and then blasting out down a ramp on your bike to cruise around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Are vehicle mounting points working right in the new version? Loved having a deathcycle attached to my deathmobile last time I played, but it never seemed to attach/detach properly and I think eventually trying to do so caused the game to crash.