Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I think I've hit upon one of the easiest (if heavily RNG dependent) ways of making it through a Really Bad Day start: find a pair of rollerblades. Probably won't work for the Tweaker start, but as a Shower Victim even in your hung-over and infected state the rollerblades make it impossible for zombies to catch up to you on pavement. :byewhore:

On this same character I deliberately savescummed going into an Evac Shelter basement because it gave me the "considerable amount of heat" warning, which I'd never seen before. When I went downstairs I immediately fell into lava :v: Is it possible to actually survive that or are you just hosed? And if you can survive it, is there loot down there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Acetylene torch is probably the most reliable. You can also pick the lock with a hairpin or preferably a locksmith set and decent mechanics skill.

Never made lockpicks before, I was lucky enough to find a locksmith set on both of the characters I managed to get anywhere with.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Goddamn, the morale penalty for wanton murder does not gently caress around. -100 from killing an innocent.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I ran into my first slime pit, situated in the middle of a mall. My solution to being mobbed by zombies and blobs was to burn down half the mall :v: Is there anything worthwhile inside the slime pit? I saw a set of stairs down inside.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

??? You can destroy the padding through the clothing modification menu, so the mods aren't permanent at all, what are you talking about?

I agree that the encumbrance penalty for adding padding is too large. It seems to scale down with heavier clothing, but with the way padding works (increased bonuses the more protection the clothing provides) it means padding light clothing is basically completely worthless.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jun 22, 2015

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Grimman007 posted:

How can I raise my construction skill from 6 to 9 in the fastest way possible so that I can get a well going ASAP?

Also, is there a way to directly move water from a source to a water tank in a car without breaking my back?

I did this with gas, but it might work for water: pull the car up one tile away from the source, then use the source and it should give you an option to "fill up car".

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

You do realize that analgesic means pain reliever? It won't do anything for your deep wound.

And I think you can only snort it, but I haven't tried to do anything else with it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Just a guess, but do you have any malfunctioning bionics installations?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Came across trails of blood with packets of cocaine at the end.

Ooookay.

Then just north of that I found more blood trails with panties at the end.

Right I'm out of here.

Yeah, you'll find packs of dead bodies like that from time to time. Drug dealers seem to be the most common, but occasionally you'll find a bunch of dead scientists or soldiers, which is the easiest way to get Science ID cards and Military ID cards.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Also I found out what "There's a lot of heat coming out of these stairs!" meant.

:supaburn:

Ahahahaha. I had the same experience on one of my first characters, but I had a hunch something was up so I prepared myself to savescum it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I didn't turn off skill rust entirely but I did set it to cap at current level, so I won't ever lose skill levels from it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Screw your soup, man. The ultimate diet is obviously 3 meals a day of dehydrated ant eggs.

I have like 100 pounds of eggs sitting in the trunk of my solar police car.

I hear escamole is really tasty, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I see they're taking a page from Project Zomboid