Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
Stone pot/animal skin pouches. It's an enormous pain in the rear end though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
Dungeons of Dredmor was pretty decently succesful, I thought. I didn't buy it and I probably wouldn't buy this, though, unless you really blew my mind with it. I don't think just doing it well is enough, I think you'd really have to come up with something innovative and fun, like Dwarf Fortress or Minecraft. Not just another flavor of roguelike. I've always had visions of some kind of Stalker roguelike game that has you going on missions from a central bar area or something, that would be interesting and unique and I would definitely pay for it, because there isn't anything like that. I wouldn't pay money for something that is like cataclysm, unless it was really just loving fantastically well done.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
So I can't use my welding rig on my car to fix my car? That's lame. E: Apparently it lists both the powered welder and the goggles being required as "powered welder", grabbed some goggles and it works fine.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

anyone know what the red asterisk in the top left of the map is?

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I picture them as weirdly perfect and healthy like a ken doll, but totally hairless and pale. I like to imagine all sorts of weird optimizations have been made to their body with remaining "human" being a low priority.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I've found the book of five rings like four time and had no idea until reading this thread that it wasn't a "just for fun" book.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

VStraken posted:

Sadly there's no recipe for it either... hopefully your world hasn't screwed you over!

I might have been mistaken about turning on/off welders, I know you have to do that for a lot of things mounted on vehicles like lights, charging station, fridge etc. and I could have sworn that there was an option for welders too.

You are definitely mistaken, I've never had to turn the welder on. I think the toggle on/off is only for things that drain the battery without player intervention like lights, fridge, etc.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Wolfechu posted:

I did a lot better with mutations once I realized the crazy cataclysm mod changed all flu vaccines to act like frog mutagen. Because a vaccines have poo poo put in them to alter our DNA LOL amirite?

Once I got rid of that and it stopped tainting any other mutagen trees I wanted to try...

not sure if it's a reference to antivax or making the frogs gay, can I please get off Mr Jones's wild ride

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

worm girl posted:

For some reason, imam and kannushi clothing, wedding dresses, and four different kinds of maid outfits were incredibly common.

I can't help but speculate wildly here.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
seemed kinda disproportionate as a response tho

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
it was explicitly directed at her personally, despite her not really being a "dev", as a knee jerk reaction. please grind this axe elsewhere, it is an incredibly boring and pointless exercise to do so here

are these "devs" in the room with us now?

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
my brother tells me that you can make good money by being sent to jail with a high-volume colon packed full of cigarettes so not that weird

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Dareon posted:

Hmm, I do qualify, but it feels like that's a career path with some drawbacks.

you may or may not be deeply amused that the term "megacolon" was used while conveying this to me

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I really appreciate the game being talked about in specific ways that provide insight and not just the usual broad generalizations and knee-jerk reactions, thanks worm girl.

remember when "innawoods" was a meme to signal which side of the game development direction divide you were on? that sucked lol

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
covering yourself in lube to make yourself ungrabbable, forgetting to wear gloves with grip so you drop every weapon you try to use and your thrown items go in random directions.

does slippery stuff take into account the surface beneath the slip? seems like having worn asphalt not be a slip n slide and linoleum/polished stone/whatever be a super slide would fit with the game nicely

rich areas of town having nicer, more slippery asphalt vs the liquor store parking lot being paved with grip tape

one of these days I'll get my nut up about contributing

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I think maybe you're carrying frustration from somewhere else into here, Gwyneth Palpate pretty much always means well, I think their intention was to be helpful.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
ye for the record I read all that, was super impressed, and had nothing to say beyond "drat that's really cool". I can see now how that'd have prolly have been worth saying, but at the time, responding to an obvious mountain of effort with a low effort post felt dumb

like, Gwyneth went in and actually played with the stuff, that felt like where the bar was at

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I didn't. I don't think I could have? It sounded like the changes being described weren't even up for a PR yet. My "infrared icon" thing was based off of a completely unrelated gameplay experience; namely, the infrared CBM.

Well, now you can see why I leave the minutiae to you lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Cataclysm: I was able to find and disassemble 4 pianos for chainmail parts, which also saved me a bunch of effort.

reader. moderator. this is your moment. please do the needful.