Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Is anyone else getting constant crashes? Nothing seems to trigger it, the game just closes by itself every 5-10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

It's happening constantly for me, I even switched from stable to trunk and it's happening exactly the same.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

I have all the stuff to make a silencer suppressor but it's not showing up in the crafting menu, what do I do?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Anyone know why I can't craft these arrows? I have all the necessary skills and items:

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

What's the easiest way to get up tailoring and fabrication? I don't seem to have enough materials to just make loads of one thing. Also do harder recipes give more xp?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

What the hell's happening, all of my stats were reduced to zero and I can't move. I also took huge damage to every body part for some reason.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

I started as a hobo, got some awesome poo poo and I was on my way back from my run to town for food and water so that I could start detoxing. I've played a bunch of hobos before and this has never happened... Is there anything I can do short of lie here and wait to die?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

What's with the +3 encumberment all over?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Do funnels actually work? I have one on the same tile as a gallon jug, it's been there over a day in near-constant rain and drizzle, no liquid in it at all.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Oh ok, thanks. Also I thought archery was supposed to be good but at 3 archery with a longbow and field point arrows it takes like 3-4 shots to kill a standard zombie, it's awful. It also trains at less than 1% skill per shot which seems to be unaffected by if I'm shooting at anything. When does it get good?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

So is there a better way to train archery than making thousands of lovely arrows and firing them at the floor over and over again for less than 1% xp a shot? If that's the case I'll stick with my machete... Is there an easy way to get loads of bleach and ammonia, or do I just have to search houses for one or two bottles at a time?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

What on earth does Elfa Mutagen do? Just found the recipe for it in a sewage treatment plant, it needs 3 different types of mutagen to make.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Where do I get tainted veggies from?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Inadequately posted:

Thanks for the .json documentation. Now that I've got time, I think I'll try my hand at adding some items.

By the way, to the elf mutagen question earlier, the elf mutations generally give you mutations that make you prettier and more NPC-friendly, in exchange for mutations like Weakening. If you don't play with NPCs on it's not particularly worth it.

And recently they've changed fungal infections so if you're going to hunt fungaloids, you need to be fully covered with no exposed skin, a filter/gas mask won't cut it anymore. Unfortunately the armour layering menu isn't very intuitive. It may be worth it to pick up some fungicide/royal jelly in advance.
Thanks. Does disease immune work on the spore disease?

e: Also what's a good way to get up Mechanics? It's at 1 right now. What's a good place to find a welder? I've searched a garage and loads of hardware stores, and nothing :(

Infinite Monkeys fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 1, 2013

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

The King of Swag posted:

I just want to post to remind people that if you have small changes you want to see make it into the game, feel free to mention them here, and depending on how small they actually are (some small changes are actually very hard given Cataclysm's codebase) and if they're any good (because let's face it, not every idea is a good idea), I'll add them to my list of changes I want to make. Easier they are, higher on the list they'll go. Feel free to mention bigger or overarching changes too, just don't expect to see them integrated in anytime soon. For the most part, goons actually have a pretty good idea of where the game should go, and I want to support that if I can. Besides, although I have a number of my own changes I'd like to make, they vary in difficulty, and it's nice to be able to have a variety of things to choose from to fix or implement next.
What's Cataclysm coded in? I might try coding some small stuff when I have free time.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Does the resonance cascade actually do anything? I died to a swarm of security bots before noticing.

e: I found a pretty awesome vehicle that looks intact, but when I try to refuel it nothing happens. I added a full gallon jug (15 volume) then a whole plastic jerry can (40 volume) but the fuel gauge still says 0%. What's wrong with it?

Infinite Monkeys fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 4, 2013

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Everything must be pre-looted judging on the stock. Realistically a grocery shop would have thousands of times the amount of food it does, for example.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

I'm not American but don't supermarkets and stuff sell ammo? Maybe other sources like that which don't have guns could be added, though I haven't seen a supermarket since the Whales versions.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

There should definitely a badass morale modifier for those times you disintegrate an entire horde in a particularly awesome way, using a flaming sword should provide a constant morale boost.
That should be a perk (or whatever they're called, like Quick and Robust Genetics), 'bloodthirsty' or something.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

So what's to stop people from starting their own branch and not letting this guy contribute?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

The King of Swag posted:

Rabbit is my actual name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmXumtgwtak

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Is this game significantly different from, say, 2 years ago? Not sure whether to bother trying again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Angry Diplomat posted:

Probably because absolutely every perishable item has a freezing point and decays differently based on temperature, and also a bunch of critters now poo poo and lay eggs and stuff, and can spawn more critters which poo poo and lay eggs and stuff, and so on and so forth

e: also there might be fungal stuff nearby, that always lags the absolute gently caress out of everything
But freezing preserves stuff because bacteria can't grow when it's below zero C, the freezing point of the item shouldn't make a difference :confused: