Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Is there a way to fill all your containers with water/Clean water if you're using a funnel / fire & stone pot?

On that note, the best way to win Static mode is to go slow and abuse the hell out of archery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So, it seems you need "jack" to change tires on a car. Where could I find such a thing, assuming I'm on Vanilla .05?
What's the best place to find a RV?
Any pro-tips for creating cars/murder RVs?
Where can I find glass jars to create sealed meat? All I ever find is bottles. Alternately, what's a good bulk meat preservation technique?
Do refrigerators make food rot less fast?
Where do I find wild vegetables for dogfood?

Sorry for all the dumb questions - I'm just now getting set up in my first game to where I look at more than the next can of spam.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So I have a stock car I'm working on. I found a electric motor and a battery (when I found my wonderful jack :toot:). The battery installed just fine, and I have a mechanics skill of 8 or so. Why can't I install my electric motor as a backup/stealth in-town engine?

Further dumb questions:
Where's a good place to find heating elements?
Where can I find CBMs besides shocker zombies? Labs are too deadly for me, even though I have a LOT of IDs. Is there a way to hack computers by using an ID/turn off the robots?
Where can I get solar panels for my car?
How do I boost my Cooking beyond what the textbook can tell me, fast?
Is there a way to slow down skill decay?
How do you guys organize your stuff, in houses?
Do solar powered motorcycles work good?
What's a good source of mutagens/mutations?
Why am I so full of dumb internet game questions?
(all on .05 vanilla)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Is there a way to pour those gallon ammonia bottles onto the ground? I want to use them to store gasoline, but the game keeps telling me there's no room when I try to wield it and hit "U."

Ooh, I can anwser something now!
Yes, select it in your inventory and do U. Then, hit Escape. That will give you the question of "Dump it on the ground?". From there, use it for gas (or for water).

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Would it be possible to compile the GDA .40? I like the new DDA but without a army start it doesn't really work.

Oh, and count me in on the LP. If/when anyone does the OP and posts it, please link it here as well. :)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

How do you guys get focus? I have both quick learner and quick reader but I feel like if I got more focus I'd be able to read my books faster. My guy has a intelligence of 12 so I feel like he should be speed reading or something.

Also, on GDA .41 I've never found a CBM in a bank vault ever. Or anything, it's always empty.

Also, if bank vaults could be modified so after you hack it you can open/close/lock the doors whenever within or without that would be awesome.

And, another thing I just thought of: has anyone made their own rope/pulley things and how do they work, exactly.

(fake edit: I love the GDA work thank you for doing it :) )

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

More crafting recipes, and if possible, more efficient crafting recipies. After all, if I have a power drill and table saw I can do a lot more with wood than if I have a wood saw and pocket knife.

Utility robots. Electric forklifts. One of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paternoster but for supplies. Hydroponic growing (:420: or otherwise)

Charging electric cars (Or daisy chaining electric cars to power your everything else)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

They don't work like you think they do. It has to be raining to collect from a funnel, they don't store any water themselves. If and only if it's Raining or Drizzling (or acid raining) can you collect by examining.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So is there a way to go back to good old ASCII now? Too many graphics make my cheetos taste too much like cheese and scare my neckbeard.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

In all my games I've never found a LAMOE shelter. Are they marked on the map? Are they called that in game? How rare are they?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Personally, I'd REALLY REALLY REALLY love some work done on the inventory system. 75 items barely cover my clothing and Survival Clothes. And yeah, shopping carts, but I should be able to carry stuff that I have space for AND strength to carry. Perhaps a way to have multiple screens of inventory with symbols being reused between the screens?

ps: I want a rocket-powered car.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"Sure, I just brutally murdered ~2 busloads of orphan zombies, but videogames!." - :zpatriot:

e: Karma, however was swift, since she then found a landmine. Twice. With her foot.

T-man fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 16, 2013

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

So, since the Wiki is evidently 20 years out of date, I'll ask this here.

Where can I find a vehicle welding rig? Do they work like they sound like they do? (Pull power from car batteries when welded on something). If you craft them, what level(s) do you need? Is there a way to "tow" cars into a garage to be made into scrap?

How is it possible to repair tires with a welder?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Strumpie posted:

I believe there are some vehicle welding rigs in the wild, probably at a garage but I'm not 100% certain. Yes, they work by using car batteries to weld.
You require 4 fabrication and 4 electronics to craft them and no you can't 'tow' vehicles right now but you can 'G'rab smaller vehicles to push them along and into a garage.

Also are you asking how is possible to weld a tire in real life or what.

Thanks everyone. :)

And yes, I was wondering that a game with a sizeable realism faction would let you weld tires back into perfection. Is that an actual thing that you can do or just a game valuing gameplay?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Why not have a mechanic to increase skills for good healthcare? I mean, after my 1000000th caved in zombie-skull and 100% protein shake/cooked dog diet I might just get stronger. Good nutrition could slowly increase your attributes.

Also, my goony rear end can focus on reading stuff better when I'm full and comfortable - why not have food increase focus for several hours, better food = better reading comprehension.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Can you expand the system to vehicles? I mean, special RV racks or w/e would be more accessible than the glovebox.

ps. you are great

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Is it possible for a profession to give negative skill levels? You get a real katana, but you have -3 cutting weapons skill. Hilarious roleplaying and a good tradeoff!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'd like to see something like Swag's system act sort of like this:

1) Basic poo poo like cooked meat can be done anywhere with the tools they already need
2) Slightly more complex stuff (like digging sticks, or arrows) need the tools they need now + a table to do them on. If the system allows it, make a lot of things "table"-able. Have a few recipes for portable tables, lightweight "camping table"s in sporting good stores, stuff like that. A nomad can either just break a window and use a house's tables or just carry around one themselves.
3) Moderately-complex things like heatplates or chemistry sets need basic workbenches - same as tables. Have several in sewers, garages, some houses. Let the player make diffrent workbenches themselves that are portable trap-like things. Different levels of things need diffrent levels of workbenches to make. If the system can be done, make workbenches also make simpler recipes take less time.
4) Complex stuff, like homemade CBMs or not-lightsabers need Industrial Technology. They should be really, really hard to make but show up semi-regularly in factories. They should need processed metals and glass, which need furnaces and a high fabrication skill. They should be kinda-easy to find, but unmovable, in big, zombie infested factories, perhaps with robotic defenders.

To not make the system too anti-nomad, make sure everything spawns natrually in the world. Vehicles should just require the object (like a table) themselves to be placed in, and use up power for lights.

ps. You should totally be able to make robot companion NPCs.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Are there any good modpacks, even if there's no goonpack? I've looked, and they all seem to be "ADDS OLD GUNS" and requests.

e: In the new version, I know you can now have <75 items by having some items be hotkeyless. Is there a way to set my currently worn clothing to have to hotkey manually/automatically? It would be quite useful, since I rarely have to select my clothes directly.

T-man fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 12, 2014

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The OP seems horrifically out of date, and the thread is getting somewhat long. Could we think of doing an updated thread?

Unrelated, but could someone tell me how to power refridgerators and other things? How does that all work?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

This would make it mechanically optimum for everyone to have a designated pimpsuit-slash-gimpsuit which they put on to read textbooks.

You got a problem with that? :colbert:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

silentsnack posted:

WOOP WOOP :awesomelon:

More fun things to do:
you can eat wrecked robots for energy

This game.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

SynthOrange posted:

Pretty much this. It's great. I need to go find a giant stack of first aid kits and some medical/electronic books tho.

Is there a way to remove bionics now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Cool story, mate.