Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Sold an NPC companion an inactive manhack I had lying around. When we shortly encountered a tank drone and a small horde, it turned out that he wasn't limited to using the manhack once.

It was slow progress trying to wade through and buy back the damned thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
How are zombie hordes now? Does it still mean waking up half the time surrounded by a sea of zombies despite you camping way out in the middle of the forest?

Or should I just stick with static spawn

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Firing up the latest cataclysm up after a couple years away.

It’s very early on, and I’m cycling past an anthill past dozens of uninterested ants when I hear gunfire from below. Bit odd for ants, so maybe there’s something interesting happening down there. I pop into the entrance to the anthill and fall straight into a lab.

This is happening a bit earlier than expected. I have a short bow and a quarterstaff. I do not think I can climb back out.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Apparently you can climb back up Z levels if you have five walls/objects around you! So I escaped the lab much the same way I came in.

Except for the beak, leaves and hooves.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Getting back into this, was having a pleasant time canoeing down the river dodging irate geese, when I saw a military checkpoint at a bridge. Land nearby and not only is there a loaded carbine on a body but one of the Humvees is in amazing condition, almost a full tank with an 80 round turret firing M80.

So I do what any sensible person would do, drive to a nearby FEMA camp and start unloading it at the fence. Take a few down before the sheer weight of zombies break through the fence, I back up and smack into the group at 40mph. Immediately upon impact I begin to skid out of control, struggle to correct it as 3 zombies of various flavours are now clambering through the back of my moving vehicle. Then I realise I can just let Jesus take the wheel, so I let go of the controls and annihilate the hitchhikers with the aforementioned carbine as they’re trying to grab and bite me.

Man, when this game is good it’s really good. Time to turn the car around and go again.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
My amazing strategy I usually employ to help with the early, and honestly mid and late game is to go into setting and give myself 20 odd more starting points to allocate muahahaha

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Dropped back into this with a bang. Mine start, walked out somewhat poisoned but alive. Immediately found a military barricade at a bridge with an intact Humvee, turret with 40 rounds of ammo and a jerrycan of extra fuel in the back. My character living a charmed life.

Having charged into the nearest large town with the above, I don’t actually remember how I used to clear them. Without being able to run over hundred of zombies with your armoured truck, it must be painfully slow.

The other tactic I quickly found was a rude police bot trying to arrest me for “stealing” and “throwing things at the eyebot”, and then luring it into what looked like the triple figure zombies which came steaming out a pair of parks. Tied each other up quite nicely.

Died to a bunch of mutant cockroaches in a basement. Tougher than I remember.

Also quick question,

I’ve tried with multiple different worlds to do an island prison start, but it always says it failed to find one in each world. Have I just been really unlucky or does the game just really struggle to generate them?

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Wtf had no idea e-ink tablets did that. that rules

Same. Ffs