Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Is it really worth getting all worked up over? Yeah it's kind of weird but Cataclysm isn't that serious and having goofy poo poo to mess with is fun. Does it make me a bad person for thinking playing a crack addicted furry sounds hilarious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Oh yeah, okay I see what you're getting at. I didn't know the DDA devs were doing quantity of random junk over quality additions.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
You can put stuff in things like lockers and dressers right? I haven't played in forever but I swear that was possible, what obstuse key combo is it hiding under?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Thanks, I'm now happily dragging around a shopping cart full of liquor and assorted moose chunks.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Angry Diplomat posted:

I made a lumberjack and started in a cabin. Screamy the Lumberjack immediately discovered three zombies in her shed, so she murdered them with her axe and dumped their corpses in the woods. While there she came across a bunch of dead people with a shitload of cocaine, cigarettes, and pot. She brought all of this back to her house, drank some beer, went into the woods, got into a fight with a coyote, and snorted some coke to deal with the incredibly bad head wound it somehow managed to inflict. Then she looted a building next to an abandoned mine and found a vibrator with a fully-charged battery. Before she could bring her new acquisition home and add it to her post-apocalyptic chillzone stash, she encountered another coyote, which immediately bit her in the head and killed her. A+, would die again.

Cataclysm: British Columbia edition.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I almost wish there was a way to know if your character is gonna die to insane poo poo right away, cause then I wouldn't waste my time grinding skills before getting mulched immediately :suicide:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

PiCroft posted:

The default one - Chesthole I think its called. I haven't checked the other tilesets so i may not work with them?

RetroDays definitely does not, which is sad because it's the only tileset I can stand. Stuff like Chesthole and MShock might look "better" but they're waaaaay less readable at a glance.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Guns seem cool but I dread learning another subsystem when I'm still making driving and mechanics make sense.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Making a shitload of noise by emptying your mag so zombies surround you and you can't possibly miss indeed sounds like a solid strategy. May as well get drunk as gently caress to make it fun!

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Can't you punch out and board up windows to get to 2?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
So what do you put all the extra points into if you have default stats?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Lost a really promising character to infection, of course. RIP in piece Slim Jim the Biker, you were too good for this poo poo zombie world. Maybe next time the RNG will take mercy on you.

I've been playing around with different starts and so far I really dig the Punk Rocker. Starting with a trenchcoat and a nice pair of boots really takes some of the scramble out of early game. The free weed and smokes are nice too. I'm sure it's not optimal points-wise but who cares?

e; That's quite a start, never been thrown into a burning evac shelter before.

Million Ghosts fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 17, 2015

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
That explains it :v: Cooked inside while accidentally not placing a brazier on an old character, which went how you'd imagine.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Fermented Tinal posted:

I think you can use unfletched wooden arrow shafts in a self bow, or could at some point anyways.

Tried it yesterday and nope, doesn't do a drat thing. For everything DDA fixes they sure don't bother untangling some of the worst BS.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
How would I go about making a halfway sustainable vehicle/home? Spawned right in the middle of the city with a bunch of almost working vehicles everywhere, may as well tinker with them.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Did something change about encumberment/accuracy in the new nightly? Suddenly I can't hit poo poo for poo poo.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Nah I've updated since then, I was probably being a big retard and wearing two coats or something. Lost that character by going into a basement and immediately being mobbed by survivor zombies and a smoker yay!

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
gently caress me, it seems like every city I generate lately has more special zombies than normal ones. Makes it a huge bitch to start out when you can't go into town without being mauled by shockers or brutes. I'd use the mundane zombies mod but eventually that gets stale as hell. Maybe I'll try turning down spawn density a little.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

chiefnewo posted:

I was definitely swimming in candy and soda after the school cleanout, that's for sure :)

I think it would be loving hilarious if it was possible to kill yourself through tooth rot or something.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
But then you have people calling you stalker and telling you to get out of places and that gets old fast.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Is that what happened to me? And here I thought Shocker Brutes were BS.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
So I may have ended up with a slight alcohol addiction due to finding a huge beer stockpile before I had water filtration set up :v: What's the best way to beat addiction?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

berzerker posted:

Also lots of furry equipment that, unlike survivor gear and ancient weapons, are not given the option of excluding via mod by default.

If you don't burn every fursuit you find to fuel your bio-monster I don't know what to tell you.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

nftyw posted:

On the plus side, if you want to you can print a pile of the boring records out and tear them all up for paper in case you needed to roll up some joints.

Nothing like smoking the records of someone's last moments of terror.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Use yourself as bait, don't get eaten. Alternatively shoot lots of bullets into the air like a Texan oilman.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
This is the loving dumbest question but how do I get to my list of passive Bionics? Everything I've tried with the window up just closes it.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
So this one menu works totally differently than all the others just because. Oh DDA.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I take Night Vision on every single character I make, it's supremely useful. It's real dangerous to start doing night raids into town without some planning though, if you get lost or don't have a route planned back it can get bad fast.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Don't be afraid to duck into the woods and start a fire, if you don't inhale smoke you'll be fiiiine and it's a good distraction.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Once you get green # signs you move to a different bush. I thought that was intentional?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I lost 3 sheltered starters in a row to zombears, I don't make them anymore.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Turtlicious posted:

I'm re-posting these to get them added to the OP they're both very necessary and important.

Has the OP even posted here in ages?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I found your problem, it has 3 letters, starts with N, and ends in C.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
That is deliciously manipulative.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Spikes are the way to go specifically because they're easy to make. Car stuff breaks pretty fast so renewability is important.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Junkfist posted:

What's the most complete/informative tileset? Right now I'm using ChestHole.

I like RetroDays a whole lot. Seems to have everything except some of the newer enemies in experimentals.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Also you can light it on fire, if you're into that sort of thing.

:darksouls:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Is there a way to check/change a gun's firing mode? I swear there is but I'm dumb and can't find it.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
You mean there's people that don't run Trigger Happy on everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
People whining about fursuits instead of eating them for robot fuel are massive babies.