Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
So this thing came to iPad a few days ago and I've been playing it instead of sleeping. The controls are terrible thanks to the virtual keyboard, but man if the game isn't fun. I haven't even survived for a day yet, though, because I am having such a hard time finding a building that's not infested with zombies. Or maybe it's because I always take a starting dude who has a gun and guns are loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I played a few more games last night and got a bit better. Going for black belt with a couple extra points in unarmedcombat, using Muay Thai or whatever, is a pretty good way to go. Of course, as soon as I did that I managed to stumble into a gun shop with all sorts of amazing weapons/modifications/ammo and no where to store any of them, nor any skills to use them.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I spent an absurd amount of time trying to fill my canteen from a toilet. Getting water while I had the canteen in my inventory wasn't enough. Wielding the canteen and trying to get the water didn't work. I eventually just drank the toilet water straight from the bowl.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

buttcoinbrony posted:

Electric Jackhammers are great, especially once you're using UPS stuff in general. With rechargeable power, its basically a free 'gently caress you wall' button.

Since I've been using a blackbelt build and generally being more careful around towns, I'm surviving longer. What are some reliable ways of breaking into gun stores and filtering water? Should I figure out how to build a fire and then boin the water?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

palamedes posted:

Hey, I found something amazing. I'm going to tell you a story.

This is John Average. He has no skills, 8 in all stats, and survivor starting gear. His mouth is unencumbered. He is surrounded by angry moose.

But John isn't worried. The power of hollering will save him.

John was hit once by a moose but was not injured. The moose fled and John lived happily seven minutes after.

This works with bears too, but don't try it with wolves. It also needs a good loud shout so don't have anything encumbering your mouth or lowering your strength too much. Unless you've got something else that can make a lot of noise. The moose reign of terror is over.

What tileset is that?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

palamedes posted:

It's the ChestHole tileset that comes with the game. It's pretty good.

Cool, I think I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

What language is this written in? If it is one I know I might be able to help.