Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Used to dismantle them to the point that the mass was low enough to push , but that was several hundred PRs ago and I have no idea how now besides shattering all vehicles to their constituent atoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Apparently the heavy rail rifle isn't craftable in experimental builds now? At least I haven't gotten the recipe after hitting all the skill levels I thought I needed.

Not that I need it what with the massive aftershock Ion Cannon, laser battle rifle and literal Barrett Light 50 sitting in my APC's holds, but it's the thought that counts

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

They've decided that 'junk' weapons don't fit their aesthetic anymore. Expect all of them to be removed over time.

What even is their aesthetic? breaking changes every 2 weeks? OK, good to know. Will have to keep an eye out for the mod that brings that recipe back in whenever. Hurling around rebar with something that you built up from a box of scraps ala Tony Stark is one of the things that I thought really differentiated this game from other roguelikes.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Not before the mod that puts jumpjets on those recon walker suit things. Those things seem really impractical, does anyone even get any use out of them?

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Is it possible to have a cybered up guy also do magic stuff, or are they mutually exclusive to some degree? Noticed my mana was being scaled down in tune with how much bioenergy I had.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Reading all of this reminds of Wikipedia's math/algorithms pages; where folks were just writing pages for student credit and whatnot, or so the story goes.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Arven posted:

CDDA was my play at work game because it didn't require an install and doesn't look like a game. Haven't really played it since I went work from home. Can't help but wonder if this thread went dead because it was the same for everyone else.

Mostly it's the frustration at all the neat SF stuff being nerfed into the ground. It no longer feels like absurd fallout roguelike, which is why I was interested in it.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Finding out that Bright Nights is allowing all characters to fly choppers is the greatest news. Just messing about with a world and trying to remember how to boil water again (thank god for fully stocked homes at least)

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
The problem was getting a fire going (I forgot how to get sheet metal for braziers, but that's all sorted now)

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Caidin posted:

I remember some build from like months ago when i was playing I had character do all their reading in a small swimming pool with a mp3 player on for maximum mood effects. I think that character wound up with like a swimming skill of 30 by the time summer was done and could swim in a suit of platemail.

going to have to try this now

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

Shouldn't you turn off swimming xp so it doesn't eat all your focus?

In a serious playthrough, probably. In an Aquaman playthrough? Probably not.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
No idea, but I figured it was something like a landmark or point of interest like every other thing. Having one type of tree in a single zone may make it easier to forage for things. Dead vegetation may be good for tinder? You could probably get those things somewhere else but it's better to have and not need it, than the opposite.

on an unrelated note...
Cranking up my str to 50 means I can smash straight through safes and house walls with a Halligan bar. My strength is powerful.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
That's what shopping carts are for.

But to be honest I think the idea is that PA is for really short trips, close to a site where you can change into normal exploring gear like a vehicle or home base.

Do they still have that activatable combat armor that's powered by plutonium? Was the closest thing to a nanosuit, without mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
CBN supposedly has a victory condition now, though I don't know exactly what that is