Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cataclysm owns, but I always put-off returning because there's so many god drat keys to memorize.

Living in the woods and just raiding towns for essentials was sweet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Is it pretty possible in this to clear out a town permanently, and build a farm and live happily ever after by yourself?

I got pretty far last I played, but my farm was just me and some water bottles that I'd distill/refill when it rained and I shot deer for meat with my bow while sleeping in a cabin I stumbled upon :(

The post-apocalypse reorganization and attempts to reform society are what I think are pretty neat rather that romping around shooting zombies constantly. And the only way to do that is to build a farm, and defend it from stray wanderers etc.

EDIT: haha is that Granade guy a dev? Jesus loving christ

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jul 29, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Havent played in ages, but gonna give this another try. Is there a default "Play this mod instead, poo poo-head!" version currently? Or is playing Stable ok?

Can you still start with different backgrounds like Army Guy etc, or was that GDA only?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I was told Pregnant Zombies were added to the game, but were actually just a really bad highschool "Misfits" tribute band

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I think he's frickin badass!!! :eyepop:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I would be too, that sounds like absolute bullshit to deal with.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I decided to try experimental and now my map cant save :( I'll go back to 0.E tomorrow.

First death was me trying to cook in a house by lighting a couch on fire to cook wild boar meat. I deserved and expected death after, so fled down the road on fire and was munched by zombie dogs.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Is there a way to strip rags into thread more quickly? It takes a long time for me currently. Like an hour a rag.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Are there any recommended mods for easier ammo access? I'm not having any luck finding. 223 for my M4A1.

I see the appeal of the generic gun mod now tbh!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cool I'll look for a turret then. One should be enough for forever.

Amy recommendation on where they are likely to spawn?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I need to get a suppressor for my M4A1. Im drawing way too many wanderers.

Also if I find a wrench, I can disassemble stuff like washing machines etc for rubber tubes right? Need one to fuel up my stolen dirtbike.

What kind of personal storage are you guys at? I have 19 liters worth but am generally in the 15 liter area for personal equipment. I should probably store stuff on my vehicle.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I completed the Old Guard "kill the bandits" quest, which was alot easier than expected since they were blind as hell in the dark.

I then got told the next mission was to support an attack on a research center somewhere. I assume this quest isn't implemented yet?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Apparently the place I'm meant to assault is a Necropolis?

Kinda annoyingly vague since that tileset could be anywhere. From what I'm gathering its an endgame-intended area anyway.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 26, 2020

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lmao what the gently caress is with the heat issues in this game? Flamethrowers are loving awful to use since being within sight of a fire will cause terrible burn wounds.

I think someone earlier mentioned it makes cooking near open flames also nearly suicidal

Edit: googling it, apparently it used to cause you to vomit when overheating continuously so you'd just collapse and be unable to move due to vomiting spam? Thats loving amazing

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I like the sound of that, I'll have to grab that mod.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hell I can't get Overrun to launch period. It cant find a good spot to place it during Worldgen.

Also the heat issue is huge in enclosed stuff like ant tunnels or the Vault under the necropolis. Open areas its much more manageable, as noted.

Also I really hope they set up railroad stations to properly work and have connecting track. Having a personal death train would be loving amazing.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yep that was me. It was fun til I got to the vault itself and there were hundreds of them coupled with unbearable heat from my flamethrower. I actually stopped that playthough totally due to tedium.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Throwing grenade. Takes cover. Waits turn. Left arm is hit by many fragments by explosion down hall around corner.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tin Tim posted:

Oh hey I just discovered that the books I have that teach computers beyond 3 have a morale penalty that stacks while you read them. Very cool and fun

Computing 301 or whatever?

Yeah reading it made my guy borderline suicidal I think lmao

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

That would be amazing

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

How do you folks with large vehicles maneuver through towns? I acquired a military humvee at a bridge barricade and ended up just ramming the opposing humvee until I had room to drive out. Can you just barrel through small things without it becoming a big deal? Will I get hosed up just running zombies down?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Decided to start injecting serums into my rear end. Started with Ursine and Cattle. What are you all's favorite mutation trees?

I think I'd really like bird were it not for the carry capacity malus

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Also having injected Cattle and Ursine, am I locking myself out of other trees potentially? Or would a fresh injection from a new mutation tree just automatically overwrite anything it's categorically opposed to?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Interesting. I used serums for both my injections, I'll have to check tomorrow and make sure I didn't pass threshold.

I think I'll try Ursine if I do break a threshold.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Oh drat lamp oil sounds like a good idea. I'll start using that I think.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Got a blade arm now, and I've become a cyber warrior. I need to find a pain suppressing CBM though, and if it exists, something for stamina.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Where is power armor most likely to spawn? It'll be the final piece of my Cyber bear-man journey.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Motherfucker posted:

if I was gonna do ghosts they'd be there all the time but only solid and visible in darkness. But they'd be there during the daylight, blindly, invisibly and intangibly floating through stuff and existing... Would be kinda fun using your headlights to protect yourself while you raid a house or whatever or seeing them visible in the darkness of a building knowing that the whole place is gonna be fully uninhabitable at sundown.

This would be cool as gently caress

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

My kingdom for a working centrifuge and console!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Restarted after the new inventory system hosed my save :( Should have listened to Goons!

Whats a good melee weapon until I can go the CBM route? Copper Spear is great but needs loving planks to repair which I don't have and haven't come across.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lmao poo poo I didn't even consider that. Ok, will do.

I was just wandering around looking for ready -to-go plank stacks like at Lowes or something

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Used tailoring to fit an ANBC suit I looted off a zombie. Its pretty fantastic. Dropped my ESAPI vest due to encumbrance penalty though but the ANBC excellent overall coverage should be superior I think.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Think I found my first lab finale. 4th floor down and the stairs drop me in from of a turret and a few UGVs.

This is why I'm a save scummer.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eyebots are annoying yeah... but who the gently caress thought Flaming Eyes were a good idea is the real question, imo.

^this post made while uncontrollably vomiting up greyish goo

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

drat, I may have to upgrade to a more recent build then. Is the new inventory mechanic pretty stable now?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Im an ANBC suit fan, but its a pain in the rear end that they are all poor fits by default until you can sew em.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

You can definitely get badged and given a .44 but I can't confirm if doing the Necropolis quest rewards it fully because it was ridiculously tedious to clear the Vaults.

I know eyebots respect the badge though. They acknowledge the Marshall badge and departs with some "Feds have it under control " message

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Same on the most recent playthrough, regarding the Necropolis. Maybe its a more recent update that added it but that seems unlikely.

I wouldn't object to its removal (if intentional) since it felt super slapped-on and the quest itself sucked. Coupled with the lack of quest marker. But as of now I too appear to have exhausted all Old Guard missions after killing the raider camp :shrug:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The Autoclave power requirements thing is pretty dumb. Let us aload a few heavy batteries in there instead, cowards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Napalm requires 8 cooking.

The substance notorious for being easy to make requires a master chef level of knowledge.

Also it tastes terrible.