Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Could you adapt some of the code from survival mode for dollar based equipment? It mostly focuses on weapons and ammo, but there are various crafting bits available through that menu.

Also there is already a freeform option in character creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Angry Diplomat posted:

lol a few weirdoes among the in-group loving hate the bionics system for some reason. Probably because it can be used to minimize busywork - first thing to go was the Solar Panels CBM, then power cap got nerfed. I'm predicting the next casualty will be one or more of: Internal Furnace, Ethanol Burner, or the UPS charger one, assuming some of those haven't got the axe already.

Would be a real shame to see Ethanol Burner cut. I have fond memories of the old random bionic start giving me Bender, the cyborg with booze powered demolition equipment.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Weapon then Backpack. You should be able to at least half rear end something before leaving the shelter. The cudgel is pretty good. The trick to fighting zombies is to get them hung up on something before you risk getting next to them. Get them to crawl through a window, or just maneuver so that there is a bush between you. Not getting hit is much more important than hitting any given zombie.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Probably the only way to keep the BN vs DDA slapfights out of that thread would be a separate BN LP. Some of the most recent updates with the boat cruise are highlighting the systematic suppression of things that let survivors make it past the midgame. So that nobody has to code an endgame.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Telsa Cola posted:

I am somewhat tempted to do a BN LP and maybe have it somewhat collaborative with 1 or 2 other people posting their runs.

I don't think I have a full run in me. But I will be happy to post a booze powered cyborg run from start to inevitable death. The only question is whether to install the fantasy class mod and use the sorcerer. Or to cheat in the Whales era random mod combination of Ethanol power and the demolition system. Bank robbery would feature prominently in that second one.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Was that from the fantasy class mod?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

The Silos would make for fun pocket labs, just put some cool device in the silo part and call it a day.

Honestly ICBM's don't make sense to hit something next door anyways, so they could be replaced with something else that fits the setting. ABM installations? The setting is different than the real world, and a bit more paranoid. Having large surface to air missiles in the silo would probably work. If anyone ever wants to fix the code then they could bring back the ground attack option as well. SAM's would have a much more permissible firing system to start with, and they can be used to strike at ground targets, as we've seen in real life recently. A few tiles of craters makes more sense than the worlds smallest nuke on a giant rocket anyways.

The idiot musk silo idea would be hilarious, but given the devs I don't think any of them would appreciate the joke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIR-2_Genie storage facility. More practically make use of the mininuke-hack code. Have 1/10 or so ICBM facilities repurposed as Failsafe Hideouts which can spawn mininuke-hacks in a designated square. Have literature about how a suitably registered user has to have line of sight of the explosion. To sign off on the actual detonation of the device before more can be dispensed of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
The Very Hungry Aphid

edit: my bad, thought it was just one aphid eating everything