Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griz
May 21, 2001

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Vitamin A is probably the hardest to get right now. Always take cans of V8 and bags of dried seeds, both are high in Vitamin A. This includes vending machines.

if you have triffids nearby, each one produces like 80 portions of vegetables with lots of vitamin A and C for 25kcal each that can be pickled or canned, and also a few hundred stalks that turn into 80 plant fiber per hour.

Rockopolis posted:

Vehicles - I'm a bit short on tools but I want to make something I can drag things around in. Can I build a folding wooden frame with a folding wooden box on, fill it with cargo, and grab it to drag it off somewhere?

wooden frame, light wooden frame, and a seatbelt makes a 1-tile travois that holds 75L

Griz fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

Tin Tim posted:

I don't really have any issues with keeping my guy fed but I was wondering because I kinda want to preserve some of the more useful perishables like cheese, bread or pasta

regular bread lasts like 1-2 weeks and pasta lasts for months, just dump a bunch of flour in a root cellar and make more as needed.

Griz
May 21, 2001

I found a dairy farm with live cows, so I looked up the mechanics and apparently wolves will spontaneously generate from decaying cow poo poo.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Tin Tim posted:

I did a quick test and yes it actually works even when neither the solar bank nor the fridge show me any info to power consumption which is kinda annoying. I would like it to do that so that I can gauge how much electric stuff I can hook to my solar bank without pulling too much juice during the night.

I put a full-size fridge in my outdoor charging station thing and 4 solar panels seems to be just barely enough.

Griz
May 21, 2001

what the gently caress is up with grenades? I threw one into the middle of a giant blob of zombies (I think they were all chasing a cat or something) from 35 tiles out, it killed like 10 of them but also ripped my backpack and knocked 3 bars off one of my legs.

Griz
May 21, 2001

goatsestretchgoals posted:

The broken record skips again: leather body armor or skip straight to a light survivor suit.

chitin armor is also worth a look now that you can get tons of it easily by bashing roaches instead of having to fight an entire anthill or spider basement.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Tin Tim posted:

Currently I'm looking at the best way to carry a shotgun on a melee fighter for those "oh poo poo" situations.
just put it in your inventory? a sawed-off mossberg 500 is like 1.6L and holds 6 rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

if you take fast metabolism you can get from max fat to normal weight in like 2 weeks of eating salad, but then you end up having to eat an entire pizza and 4 liters of milk a day to maintain it.