Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Honestly Bright Night might as well be the goon fork because it addresses all of the biggest complaints that people in this thread have, save for maybe more of an endgame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

This seems to be one of those Tarkov situations where I wonder how much the coders actually play the game. Tarkov keeps making changes that are based on the experience of all the top streamers because the head of the project doesn't want to play the game at all until its totally done, so he's literally never played the game he's making

Also I have no idea what has changed in the way I play the game, maybe it's literally just dropping backpacks which I never used to do, but man I've really been killing it. I killed my last character in a really stupid way that was 100% my fault but this guy just killed a Migo on Day 1 with a cudgel and no armor aside from the starting clothes

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 29, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah Im playing Bright Nights and it's very good

I did a new character after my last one died because Im a clown, and this one's going really well. For a long time I did the helicoptor pilot start, but hated how long I would have to wander to find anything. The default start, even with less points, feels way better just because starting near a semi-small town is a GREAT way to get started on just about everything. I've torn up every shirt in town and now my tailoring is level 7, just got my mechanics up to 3 so I can go hunting for solar panels. Which, sounded very annoying, but then I realized all evac shelters have one on the roof, so that's a great place to jump-start my battery recharging stations so I can get my electronics up

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

A basilisk that instakills you if you use the look button to examine it because technically that would constitute as making eye contact

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I just cleared out a helicoptor landing pad and am now the owner of eight broken turrets. What's the process of extracting all of this unlimited ammo I keep hearing about? I tried to disassemble one of them and only managed to retrieve like two parts, is there a correlating stat I need to raise to make disassembling these work better?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Telsa Cola posted:

Turrets generally drop the ammo on death and iirc its only if they did not exhaust all their ammo before they died.

Check the part list of stuff you are supposed to get when you disassemble them, it's the same list you see when you are going to disassemble a flashlight or something. If it doesn't say ammo belts or whatever you wont get it from disassembly.

Also it's not stat, Im pretty sure that disassemble results are ultimately reliant on the health/durability of the item. If it's almost destroyed or damaged you get less poo poo.

Ohhh okay, yeah these must have been emptied out already. I got 60 ammo when I killed a few of them and I thought hmm there should be more here probably based on what I've been hearing. Or maybe Bright Nights fixed that so they're not a million free ammo.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Vib Rib posted:

As far as I know Bright Nights changed them to only have around 60 ammo each. The idea was both that you could bait them to run out of ammo more easily and that destroying one wouldn't leave you completely set on ammo for life. In vanilla DDA, they used to drop 2,500 ammo each, but it was nerfed down to "only" 500.

Okay yeah that'll explain it

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Lmao I made a new character for a twitch stream today and the first house I walked into had a full toolbox and the biodiesel book. Time to enter the midgame on day one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Armor is goofy because there's supposed to be some level of pro/con to a protection vs weight ratio, but at some point armor gets so protective that no speed penalty is too great. One character I had just put on a full set of chitin armor and was able to melee and entire wasp hive