Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Telsa Cola posted:

Arnt hordes an option though?

You can turn on wander spawns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
Is there up to date info on martial arts somewhere? Unarmed actually seems viable and I'd like to know the different techniques for the different arts, but only half of whats in the wiki seems up to date. Also fyi if you try and jump into a big crowd of zeds and use aikido to counter-attack throw them all over like pinballs, theres a good chance your game will crash

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
the autodoc thing isn't in yet, and any and all item changes are super easy to modify, along with everything else in the data/json folder. Thats the best part of Cata imo, even a complete layman like myself can mod the game to suit my needs. I've been playing with rebalanced guns and several new martial arts for awhile. I just paste in my modded jsons after I update. Pretty easy

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Motherfucker posted:

counterpoint, maybe having to fend off autists trying to make the game actively worse dosn't appeal to everyone and saying 'its pretty good if you just make sure to follow these simple but ever expanding list of steps to make sure some total fuckwad stranger dosn't poo poo all over things' means its actually not good.

You don't have to use the most recent updates if you think they're bad

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Motherfucker posted:

you don't have to eat my poo poo if you don't want too, but all future versions of your food will come with it from now on.

If you want to eat poop you can mod that in as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Slaapaav posted:

some wizard hopefully fixes z levels so we can snipe zombies from rooftops and dive deepwater underground caverns. if you try to make water have z levels you currently end up with a bunch of air pockets between the levels.

Caves of Qud has multi-z-level fluid physics. Often very laggy though, heh