Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

My experience with this game is watching people play on twitch occasionally and it generally seems pretty neat. What happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

There must be a way to make some kind of vehicle covering that adjusts the 'walls' when the vehicle goes diagonal.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Time for the Goonclysm fork.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

If you can make cars have diagonal walls, you'd get a lot of converts.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fayk posted:

For CDDA I'm torn between thinking the people making how cooking works have never cooked in their lives and just assuming they didn't want to deal with the complexities of a reasonable cooking system.

Recipes are super wooden/static for the most part, and timescales (and scaling quantity) are pretty silly as well.

That kinda matches up with the drug stuff being made by someone that had never taken a drug

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

When does flatulence simulation land?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Antibiotics are a crapshoot now. Once the infection sets in they only have a slowing effect with a small chance to cure every 24 hours. Recovery can take a week or more, and sometimes not even work. It's really not worth messing with anymore, especially since you can get cattail jelly so trivially.

I'm starting to get this thread confused with the C-SPAM we live in the shittiest possible cyberpunk dystopia thread, so I guess good job devs

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

forgot to set the thermostat

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Hope you have a respirator or enjoy your Type I Fibrosis from inhaling wood dust.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

"once they fix pants" I don't even play this game but I love reading about it

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

you should be punished for trying to get the item out of the little box in the bag in the bag in the bottom of the backpack that's strapped to you and also has your stuff all over it, just like you would be in real life

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

PR: Add a system to track PC (and eventually NPC) smell and taste receptors and their evolution over time. These are leveraged into a science-based food-fun engine for perfect taste simulation

eating anything that smells vaguely of celery makes you vomit uncontrollably

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Yeah it really seems like the question is how much IRL time does it take to get to various milestones, not in game time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Is it tracking antibodies you've developed?