Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

Shady Amish Terror posted:

In the continuing adventures of 'holy gently caress why are there so many special zombies', I just killed six hulks all camping in the same house.

E: Now having to defend the pile of corpses from an endless stream of Zombie Necromancers, I just killed number four and there's at least one more that I can see.

There are so many specials in the current dev builds because the default setting for zombies evolution is set to one day, that means they have a 50% chance to evolve every single day. That will run away from you very quickly indeed and it's kinda insane, i toned it down to 4 in my current game and it's a lot more reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

Strudel Man posted:

I don't know about it was changed specifically, but in the most recent experimental it seems like every encounter with a spitter unavoidably results in at least 12 pain as they spit acid that dissolves my legs, quickly resulting in death from the pain debuffs.

You need some boots with decent environmental protection, you end up standing in a pool of acid when the spitters hit you.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
There is no ELO whatsoever in Tarkov it's a free for all.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Why limit yourself to single-barrel, slap two of them on a sid- by-side for some rapid fire super shotgun action.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
So I've been having some fun with the Sky Island mod, but I have an issue : rivers. I end up failing a significant portion of my runs because the exits end up on the other side of rivers with no bridges for hours on foot, or with the only crossing point being downtown in a big city built right up to the riverbank that I can not reasonably infiltrate in the timeline I have. How do you guys deal with this ?

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
You really can't carry over a save from before the item charges changes, there is in theory some code for porting things over but it fucks up constantly.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Is the disassembly of clothing weird or am I missing something ? There seems to be little rhyme or reason with it. Why does a leather jacket take 10 minutes to salvage but a leather trenchcoat 7 hours ? And why are some things only salvageable by the butcher interface but others can do both that and the disassembly one ?

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Yeah I was more asking about the lack of consistency. I can disassemble a pouch, but not gloves or a skirt ? If I cut the sleeves off a leather jacket it goes from 10 mins to an hour to disassemble.

Edit : I was mostly wondering if I was missing something and using an interface that's obsolete or something like that.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
But the leather jacket for example still has a separate butcher recipe with less yield. It's just weird like someone gave up on a rework halfway down the list.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
There's always the universal panic button, also known as the 12 gauge sawn off side-by-side shotgun you hopefully are keeping in an accessible location.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
I've not had much of a problem with grabs in the current experimentals. You just have to have a plan for when they DO happen, but often that plan can be "Just kill the one grabbing you". It's only a threat at all if you engage multiple enemies at once in melee, and that seems to be the design intent of the feature in the first place.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
In terms of early game weapons I like the trench mace, it hits decently hard, is quite stamina efficient and it's real easy to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

Cabbage Disrespect posted:

I prefer MSX because it has more equipment/wielded items, but the default tileset's multi-tile trees and stuff look really good.

Why not use Chibi_Ultica ? It's the MSX sprites with Ultica's terrain.