Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I played a lot of this game back in summer of 2012. What has changed that I need to know about if I'm going to get back into it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
How hard is it to repair a vehicle? I found a troop-transport truck near a military barricade, but as i drove it back to my base it left a trial of diesel behind it, so I figure there's a leak in the gas tank. I'd like to save it to use as the base for my future mobile base/killdozer, but I need to get in in good enough shape to make it to a garage so I can work on it at my leisure.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So I just cleared out a public works hoping to fortify it and turn it into my home base while I loot the nearby town. As I was making my final sweep to check all the rooms for any hidden zombies, I found a locked door. I tried to pick the lock, failed, and set off an alarm. Do I need to book it before an eyebot shows up to ruin my new home, or will the alarm just draw nearby zombies? I didn't get any further sound notifications while I was beating a cougar to death with a stick, so I don't think the alarm is still blaring, and I can handle whatever zeds might be shambling their way over. If I do have to worry about the robo-fuzz, is there any time frame when the eyebot will give up and I can come back, or should I just fill my pockets with tools and write the place off?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Well I don't have any guns and my perception isn't great, but there are a couple of gun stores on the edge of town I was planning to loot. I'll come back later and see if I can't plink it down.

fake edit: actually, come to think of it, I have the Classic Zombies option turned on for this world so I could get a feel for the basics. Can eyebots even spawn? Or does Classic Zombies just mean no shocker brutes and spitters and such?