Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

It should be possible to make "deployable" bicycles. They could work off the same code as tents and shelters. Vehicles are basically just teleporting buildings anyway.

A skateboard you can strap to your back. Hoverboard? It can go on water- if you got power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I got a mutation on a character that messed up my vision, it basically put "static" in, why did that happen? I died before I thought to take a screenshot of it.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Latest trick attempt: use rollerblades to lure thousands of zombies into a magma pit without taking damage. Without getting killed by Shock Brutes.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I think I found an entrance to a vault but I can't seem to actually get inside; there's some parked Hummers in the sewer, but it says that halfway down the stairs are all blocked...

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Oh so that's all there is to it in Stable? Good to know, I spent a long time looking for a way around. It wasn't really time wasted though because my characters zweihander spatters the sewerahnas in a single amusing blow every single time.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
My present character is junkfood/lactose intolerant. It's a little more challenging, you mostly just have to rely on finding canned real food, non-hotdog MREs, and real water/juice.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Sometimes you can have runs of good luck to make up for bad - just found a working CVD machine and three functional APCs within a pretty short distance. And it's just on the verge of a bizarre, endless Lemming-Dermatik War that seems like a great source of food, water, and pelts.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
With an lighter and a crowbar you have everything it takes to clear a city block. If youre ever in over your head (chased by a Brute etc.) just suck into a house, let them follow you in, and then burn it to the ground while you slip out unseen. Take plenty of vitamins and you can sometimes shrug off infections!

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Cauterizing never works very well for me, it's just a way to kill yourself with pain.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
You can also use slime mutagens to craft more useful mutagens like Alpha and Elfa. The recipes for those two will often turn up in Labs.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Holy poo poo, the charge rifle plus the CBM that counts as a UPS is hilarious, you can just walk down the street and loving blow up zombies like its no big deal. Only downside is im still deaf two days later.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Putting together a Fusion Blaster Rifle was the best thing I've ever done in this game. Put in some earplugs and just clear out entire towns in a matter of minutes, because it only uses like 20 bionic power per shot, which is easily to get back with a joint torsion ratchet or indeed anything. It blows the zombies up and sets them on fire with every shot. And you don't have to charge it up like the charge rifle. I'm in love. Though I don't know if I can use it to clear a lab - that's probably pretty hazardous.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Fusion Blaster Funtime Update: watch out if you want to use one in a Slime Pit: slime is quite flammable.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
My current character has nearly 50 CBMs and just broke 10,000 power so I don't think it matters how many you have. Also I want to reiterate the degree to which the fusion blaster rifle trivializes outdoor monsters - the only limiting factor on it is basically the 3x3 fires it causes every single time it shoots, and the 5x5 explosion. As long as a monster isn't right next to me, unless I want to eat it or butcher it for more CBMs, it's dead. Good rate of fire, energy drain is minimal, it's great. I have more ammunition, explosives, inert turrets, spare parts, chemical components, etc. than I know what to do with. The only thing I don't have is the rest of the CBMs, power armor helmets, and some of the energy weapons.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I find its easiest to just get a real sword from a pawnshop or museum than to do just about anything else as far as weapons go.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
They definitely do if they're damaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Avernus posted:

No it looked like a big empty cave except large portions of the northwest were opened into a bigass place full of rubble piles, flaming eyes, flying polyps, blank bodies, and a couple others I didnt get a good look at. Amongst this hell I also got a glimpse at a working computer console and one of those one-tile antennas.

As for what was at the bottom of the broken stairs, I don't know. I went elsewhere and found an intact staircase down but got murdered by a zombie bio-operator before I could get to where the broken stairs led.

E: I really wanna know what the computer and antenna in amongst the beasts was for. The area did not look manmade at all. No constructed tiles or anything, just this computer rig surrounded by hellish terrors and rubble. Also in case it's relevant to figuring out what that was, I died because a cave-in pinned me down for the monsters to get me.

Sounds like it was a containment chamber or a resonance cascade finale room and the flaming eyes just lasered it all to pieces.