Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
If I may make a suggestion. I just tamed a dog. He seemed pretty chill for a few moments. Then he went on a berserker rampage. He did not stop attacking. Everything. Until he died. I loved that dog. I just wish he would have been a little more cautious.

How about a very rudimentary system of simple commands: 'stay', 'fetch', 'attack', 'get in the car'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Someone said the game crashed when deconstructing a bench...

How do you deconstruct something on the ground? I've been smashing them. (on 0.8)

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Open your construction menu (*) and select the deconstruct furniture option (F) you need a screwdriver.

Dragging bookcases next to your charcoal kiln and deconstructing them there has been very helpful during my blacksmithing adventures.

Oh man...
I'm guessing you get a lot less "splintered wood" and a lot more goodies this way!

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Stuck on the screen (right after creating a character): World Gen Options. I can see a CONFIRMATION tab, but cannot move to it.

Am I stupid?

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

oh well it seems so obvious now... seems to work with TAB in most other places.

Cool thanks

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

nftyw posted:

I've been taking all the gallon jugs of stuff in my car, dumping them into jerrycans then taping the empty gallon jugs together to make a new jerrycan. I haven't touched brewing at all, but right now I've got jerrycans filled with cheap wine, ammonia, bleach, water, and concentrated acid.

If a lightning bolt hits my storage then it will probably create a toxic explosion the likes of which can be seen from space.

Ok so there ARE still gallon jugs. I've explored maybe 10 buildings and have not found one... was starting to wonder if they made it into this build.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

Alas, no chairs. Lots and lots and loving lots of corpses, though. Seriously, NPCs right now are kinda mental. At the slightest provocation they'll flip out and start butchering everything around them. I was knee deep in animal corpses after sleeping through my first night.

Yeah... I had an NPC in my evac shelter tell me to kill his zombified mom, he then proceeds to go on, what I assume to be, a several day rampage around the shelter. Seriously, until I finished the quest he was going from one animal to the next fighting them.

Then I turn in the quest and ask him to train me and he says "Let's go to a safe place." On the way there we (he) sees a bear and flips his loving poo poo again and gets himself mauled. Now I have an unfinishable quest in my log :(

R.I.P. Juan.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Capilarean posted:

You're lucky, all my NPC's do is to randomly decide to do something the game can't deal with, spamming me with hundreds of "NPCname has tried to eat a lighter" messages or whatever.

Hahaha that sounds somewhat entertaining.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

So what's the trick to tackle a military base? I can't get in close without the turrets shredding me...

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

That one's easy. The turrets only fire if you're 24 tiles or less away from them. Stand 25 tiles away and fire at them with any rifle. Don't forget to let the recoil run its course between shots.

well poo poo. thanks

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

I'm wondering if this is because my character is Schizophrenic, or because the game knows something I don't?

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Oh. Good to know. I'm ashamed to admit that it sort of freaked me slightly.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

chiefnewo posted:

It also gives you a -50 "Bad Feeling" morale penalty when you get it.

Yeeeeeah, it sure as gently caress did. Spent a few hours moping around. Woo.

Never not gonna play with Schizo.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Strumpie posted:

Yes, praise whoever is getting rid of the horrible old construction system.

As for vehicles I've found 2 working motorcycles in my 0.9 run so far and pretty sure I've fought smokers.
Try on the roads between towns and car parks perhaps?

Don't know about the cars, but regarding smokers. EVERYWHERE.

My town is suffocated under their tyrannical rule. I mean I can barely go 3 map squares without encountering one or two. My torso :( I'm already asthmatic!

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

A filter mask should protect you from smoke quite handily.

All I have managed as of yet is a dust mask. Which don't cut it. Thankfully I'm swimming in first aid kits... so.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

So what do you use to upgrade kevlar items? Sewing kits don't seem to cut it.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Inadequately posted:

If you really wanted, you could stick a welding rig on your car, stick a set of wheels and a steel frame in the back seat and assemble a cart anywhere. That said, a folding bicycle is already in, I can't believe they haven't added in a folding cart yet.

So this is similar to what I do, I bring the components of a shopping cart in my car, and weld it/disassemble it as needed, however I go through batteries (makeshift welder) like nuts. What is this welding rig I hear of and how do you acquire one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah I've been using funnels it's just slightly less convenient than an inexhaustible and immediately accessible supply of water, with a steel jerrycan I guess this doesn't matter though.

Any weapon that can't block is completely inferior to even the shittiest weapon with +block it's not funny, a wood axe might look sexy compared to a simple pipe but you'll take so much damage it really doesn't balance out.

I'm pretty sure the pipe is the best weapon in the game.