Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Lollerich posted:

Oh you got the censored version? Please let us know what they changed. I got the UK version from a fellow helpful goon. After having played through it I really can't see how they removed all the Nazi stuff and the abortions without loving up the game.

It's just censored with black bars over Swastikas and such, and the Hitler VO is replaced with Trey & Matt nonsense German.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

xf86enodev posted:

Hey guys, steam is downloading the game as I write this post!
I'm really glad I pre-ordered so I can play as soon as possible. Mmmmhhhh Ubisoft's cock tastes sooo gooood

I tried to be cute and got a UK key from Gamersgate, which it turns out doesn't unlock without a VPN. Considering I could have done this 3 weeks ago, I don't know who's more retarded, me or Ubisoft. Oh well, I just hope this doesn't gently caress my Steam account. Did Ubisoft ever give an actual reason for the delay? I mean, they said in late February that they had removed all the swastikas and stuff, and then this.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Smirr posted:

I tried to be cute and got a UK key from Gamersgate, which it turns out doesn't unlock without a VPN. Considering I could have done this 3 weeks ago, I don't know who's more retarded, me or Ubisoft. Oh well, I just hope this doesn't gently caress my Steam account. Did Ubisoft ever give an actual reason for the delay? I mean, they said in late February that they had removed all the swastikas and stuff, and then this.

We missed one and it's against their Constitution so we couldn't just say "oh well".

derra
Dec 29, 2012

bilperkins2 posted:

We missed one and it's against their Constitution so we couldn't just say "oh well".

Can you tell us which one it was? You've made me curious.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
They missed a swastika to censor, does it matter which one it was.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I really hope it was one of the cats.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

derra posted:

Can you tell us which one it was? You've made me curious.

End-game spoiler:

During the NZPK fight, Kenny uses his Unicorn attack, which has been Nazi-fied. For a few frames during the animation, you can see there's a Nazi armband on the Unicorn. It's only there for like 3 or 4 frames.

edit: spoiler gif of it: http://i.imgur.com/TkiwnMi.gif

bilperkins2 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 27, 2014

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Man, that sucks; I had to go out of my way trying to see all the various companion scenarios in that fight, so if you have one specific companion out on one fight for several rounds you can see it for a couple frames. Ouch.

Thank you very much for sharing!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm curious how they found out about the missing swastika. Was it Ubisoft that discovered it at the last minute and warned the government or was someone playing the game and like "wait a minute... is that... it looks like... NYOH MUH GAWD!"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

That is pretty goddamn ricidulous. On the plus side, finally out here.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Wow, gently caress that abortion minigame. It's actually easier to do on a keyboard than on a 360 controller, what. :suicide:

As much as I like him in the show, gently caress Randy in this game, everything he does is annoying and always impedes your progress in some way whenever he shows up. gently caress his fart training as well.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Y'know, making Kenny the final boss is actually perfect, I mean he never stays dead long anyways so...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Starhawk64 posted:

Wow, gently caress that abortion minigame. It's actually easier to do on a keyboard than on a 360 controller, what. :suicide:

It's more that the tutorial prompts are incredibly unhelpful. I found using the 360 controller impossible on my first playthrough, but once I realized you're supposed to spin the left stick as fast as possible (the prompt makes it look like a slower, more deliberate motion) it is incredibly trivial to complete.

Same thing with the fart tutorials as well, they offer bizarrely complicated explanations for what to do, which you can safely ignore. Then in the actual gameworld it's almost literally just pushing down and then up with the R stick to do them.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I never failed the abortion mini-game using a controller but the big problem is that you have to wait about a second after pressing "A" before it will recognize an input. I almost failed because the final hose movement says "press <--" and I was just kind of standing around doing nothing until I quickly pressed left.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Well, I finished the game, poo poo sure got crazy near the end with visiting Canada, which apparently is an 8-bit RPG world, crawling around inside Mr. Slave's rear end to abort the snuke and having KENNY of all people be the final boss. Also, "screw you guys I'm going home." ROFL!

Fun game, kinda burnt out on it though, will probably leave it alone for a while before going back to it and getting the rest of the achievements if I care to do such a thing. Now I've got a playthrough of New Vegas to do.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 29, 2014

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
So, working at a video game retailer I get weird phone calls sometimes. Had a kid call recently complaining he couldn't get past the part on the Alien Spaceship where you break the anal probe off by mashing a button I think I'd seen some people complain about the button mashing segments being super difficult. I played on PC and never really had any issues. Any console folks experience similar issues or have any good workarounds? It always pisses me off when people call and my only real answer is "Keep trying I guess?"

As an aside, a part of me gets really upset at the idea of kids, like 10 and under, playing this game.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

bobtheconqueror posted:

As an aside, a part of me gets really upset at the idea of kids, like 10 and under, playing this game.

Tell them to ask their parents for help. That should fix both problems right away... if the parents care.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Did anyone else hope you'd get Randy Marsh as a party member? It felt like that might happen in the spaceship part, but it never happened. He's totally the type to get caught up in the whole thing, too. And not just as a here-and-there kind of thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stan wouldn't let him, that's why he is sitting at home in his underwear drinking beer at the start of the game :3:

I love that his own far more serious "quest" eventually sees him dressed up in adventurer gear anyway despite it having absolutely nothing to do with what he is doing.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I just want more Randy, I guess. He's the best.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

As long as he doesn't make you do any more fart training or abortions I'm cool with more Randy.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I just want more Randy, I guess. He's the best.

Agreed. Randy is the best south park character by far.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Starhawk64 posted:

As long as he doesn't make you do any more fart training or abortions I'm cool with more Randy.

Even then, his fart training segment was funnier than any of Cartman's, mainly because he wasn't even involved with the "game" at that point. He was just being Randy.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Aku posted:

Even then, his fart training segment was funnier than any of Cartman's, mainly because he wasn't even involved with the "game" at that point. He was just being Randy.

Really, the only problem with his was the instructions that the game gave you sucking, so you saw the same dialogue a billion times. If the fart was properly explained, that would be a great scene.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Really, the only problem with his was the instructions that the game gave you sucking, so you saw the same dialogue a billion times. If the fart was properly explained, that would be a great scene.

It's like everyone else said, the fart tutorials/abortions were easily the worst parts of this game. I got especially sick of the abortion after a while because I couldn't figure out how to properly do the inputs until a lucky guess. This was on PC even, and from what I've seen on the console versions they actually look MORE confusing. The only thing I didn't mind was Nagasaki, and that's just because I figured out how the tutorials worked by then and you get it so late into the game. Plus Terrance and Philip made that scene really good, even if it was a Matrix parody.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

How do you get the key to the orange house behind Kelly Gardner?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 30, 2014

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Aku posted:

It's like everyone else said, the fart tutorials/abortions were easily the worst parts of this game. I got especially sick of the abortion after a while because I couldn't figure out how to properly do the inputs until a lucky guess. This was on PC even, and from what I've seen on the console versions they actually look MORE confusing. The only thing I didn't mind was Nagasaki, and that's just because I figured out how the tutorials worked by then and you get it so late into the game. Plus Terrance and Philip made that scene really good, even if it was a Matrix parody.

I don't know how there could be any confusion over the abortion inputs, they're clear as day. For a controller it's press down when the cyringe is in the center, rotate the joystick, hold left then press right and repeat in the opposite direction two more times.

I don't know how rotating works with keyboard and mouse, I used an Xbox controller, but the instructions couldn't be simpler. The farts are also clear as day. The only thing you could possibly be confused on is sneaky squeaker because you expect to put it behind Mr. Mackey when you're actually supposed to follow the instructions directly.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

It did take me until the last hour of the game to realise there was a little arrow you moved about to find the frequency of a fart, before I was randomly mashing A and D.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
My biggest problem with the tutorials was that even if you were doing the right sequences, the game has some magical timing you need to get past in order to advance.

For instance, in the (mid-way minigame) abortion sequence, you start to suck Randy's balls through the vacuum. It feels like you're doing something wrong, so my natural response was to release the stick, but apparently you needed to keep holding it for another half second in order to get the next prompt. Once I realized that I needed to wait for the game to tell me exactly what to do next they were trival, but that lesson took me a lot of failed attempts to learn.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I kept failing the dilation parts when using a 360 controller but easily passed it when I switched to keyboard. Instead of having to spin you just mash A and D.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Starhawk64 posted:

I kept failing the dilation parts when using a 360 controller but easily passed it when I switched to keyboard. Instead of having to spin you just mash A and D.

You don't even need both A and D; you just hold either either key until you see the radar go nuts, and let it stay there for a second or two. It'll eventually get to the "push right click" button.

I had trouble with the abortion segment because I didn't realize I was supposed to keep holding the left mouse button the entire time until it prompts me to right-click and not rip his balls out.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Really? I tried those and it didn't work, maybe I was just placed in the wrong position at the time.

It might require a specific fart like the cupped one.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Just finished this.

Found all the kindergarteners and chinpokomans without a guide. 100 friends (missed Woodland Friends and Santa Clause among others).

Overall I loved it and spent 3 days doing everything I could in the game. I thought beforehand I would be happy with a game Matt and Trey were heavily involved in provided it played at least as well as Costume Quest, so I was never disappointed. It captures the shows visuals and voice acting perfectly and there's plenty of references to episodes from all seasons of the show so it's rewarding for fans.

It is disappointing that the final game has a lot of cut content. I'd say there's at least two other factions that were cut out and replaced with a couple of lines of dialogue, whole Crab people civilisation removed, etc. I just hope we get to see DLC or a sequel.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
bilperkins, can we expect DLC? or is that a NDA sort of thing?

I want to see giant Clyde and Raisins.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz

Can't say, sorry!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Awesome. There is DLC coming! That's a confirmation.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

bilperkins2 posted:

Can't say, sorry!

Can't say cuz its a secret, or cuz you don't know?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

hangedman1984 posted:

Can't say cuz its a secret, or cuz you don't know?

If he didn't know, he could say that.
Since he does know, if the answer were no, then he most likely could say no.
But since he does know and is under a NDA he can't say yes, therefore the answer is most likely yes.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

If he didn't know, he could say that.
Since he does know, if the answer were no, then he most likely could say no.
But since he does know and is under a NDA he can't say yes, therefore the answer is most likely yes.

"I can't say" could mean he doesn't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

After finishing this game, I think this format would be perfect for a Simpsons game.

Just sayin'

• Locked thread