Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Was it ever formally confirmed that Stick of Truth's gameplay DLC is no longer a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I just got this game and just wanted to check something, the preorder DLC classes, are they supposed to be options when Cartman first tells you to pick a class or do they come up later? I only got the 4 regular choices when I got to that point so I want to make sure I didn't already gently caress something up somehow before going any further.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
They are costumes, not classes.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Epi Lepi posted:

I just got this game and just wanted to check something, the preorder DLC classes, are they supposed to be options when Cartman first tells you to pick a class or do they come up later? I only got the 4 regular choices when I got to that point so I want to make sure I didn't already gently caress something up somehow before going any further.

I think you mean the pre-order outfits. You'll find them in a box in your bedroom.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Finished this last week in one sitting and had an absolute blast as a Jew.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hank Morgan posted:

I think you mean the pre-order outfits. You'll find them in a box in your bedroom.

Yep, but they only appear AFTER you've picked your class and set off on your first quest. They get surpassed pretty quickly so it pays to wear them early, though by the midgame you'll probably be proficient enough with the combat that you can pretty much wear whatever you want purely for cosmetic reasons.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Just played this and most laughs ever had in a game. Several moments of how far are they going to go with this.

A dlc that could have you visit imaginationland would be fun

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yep, but they only appear AFTER you've picked your class and set off on your first quest. They get surpassed pretty quickly so it pays to wear them early, though by the midgame you'll probably be proficient enough with the combat that you can pretty much wear whatever you want purely for cosmetic reasons.

Except for the SWAT helmet. Cheesing fights was infinitely easier with that.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Counterpoint:

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Anything I should know before I start playing?

edit: whoah holy poo poo, didn't mean to necro

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Remora posted:

I'd say just dive in and explore as much as possible. Talk to everyone, do all the optional content, and check every nook and cranny of every room. With the exception of a certain optional boss fight, the game is rather easy so you don't need to worry about like, your character being unoptimal or something like that.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Read the flavor dialogue for the items you pick up because it is all amazing.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Pakled posted:

With the exception of a certain optional boss fight

If you mean Al Gore, that's rather easy too, as long as you don't go in super-underleveled. Pretty funny fight, though.

Only thing I'd recommend is to check a guide if you want to get all the collectable items during your first playthrough, given a few are only found in a couple of plot critical locations you can't backtrack to. But that's about it, game is easy, so just focus on having fun and enjoying the South Park humor.

If you don't enjoy the South Park humor... well, good luck! You probably won't enjoy this game.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Remora posted:

It's a pretty simple game, just enjoy and soak up the ambiance.

The one thing you probably need to know is that there's a tutorial of sorts each time you unlock a new fart type. It will show you a moving analog stick and you're supposed to copy the movements to use the fart. Ignore it completely, all of the farts are just pull all the way ↓, push all the way ↑ on the stick (and sometimes aim with the other stick? idk I haven't played in a long time). Trying to describe the movements they show you will just have you fail over-and-over while listening to Randy berate you with the same line every loving time.

titties fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 3, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A lot of combat is avoidable. Avoid as much as you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackray Jack
Apr 7, 2007
Murderology AND Murderonomy!
I just finished this today and I had a really great time. Overall it was pretty easy once you learn what you're doing. The only battle that truly had me briefly stuck was the two snakes, two bears, two wolves encounter in Canada. I then remembered Kyle's arrow storm and called it a day.

Other than that, I did notice enemies and bosses having annoyingly high health (when I fought manbearbig and saw his HP I nearly shat myself.) but having them grossed out/on fire/bleeding does ALOT of damage, alot more than anything I could dish out until I bought the katana/crossbow combo at Jimbo's.

EDIT: Just in case they're spoilers.

Blackray Jack fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 5, 2015

• Locked thread