Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vindicator posted:

All of this talk about region locking and the like is filling me with worry, because I'm an Aussie and I don't want to preorder a copy on Steam because of the censored scenes here, but I also don't want to throw 60 bucks at an American friend for a dud copy that I can't access. Has anyone here been gifted a copy from a UK or US friend and found out whether it's safe to do so or not yet?

Nobody will know until preload at the earliest, if not launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TheCoon posted:

Looks like the console version of this is being censored everywhere in the EU (excluding the UK).

A poster on gaf said the Belgian review copies are censored.

Welp cancelled my sketchy euro steam key preorder, roll on steam summer sale

Edit: assuming the PC release gets the same treatment as console, I'd rather not risk it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

You canceled a pre-order over two and a half minutes of minigame replacement?

If I buy something I want to buy the whole thing. I'm not excited enough about the game to want it day one at full price, and I'm not interested in gimped (however minor) games at reasonable discounts.

I can wait.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TheCoon posted:

Eurogamer have updated their story saying the PC version is unaffected.

The author said he confirmed it with Ubisoft.

I'm still gonna wait. The key I had ordered was ridiculously cheap for a euro key (€19) which is the only reason I preordered it, I don't feel like gambling anything on last minute flip-flopping from the publisher.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

surc posted:

It's not like cancelling a pre-order gets you blacklisted from ever buying the game. Maybe he would like to buy a, you know, non-censored copy instead. (Although it looks like it was not needed unless they live in Germany or Austria, after more information came out.) There's no real reason to pre-order a game unless you want the bonuses. With digital distribution being a thing now there's not even that remote chance that they'll be out of stock on release day, which was basically the entire reason for pre-ordering.

It was from one of those shady looking serial key sites I've used for other games in the past, they only label it as "EU key" which could be pretty much anything. I'd rather wait and make sure I buy an uncensored copy from wherever I know I'm getting an uncensored copy than play will-they won't-they with a key of indeterminate regional origin.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mikeo posted:

Just do yourself a favor and buy the 360 pad for Windows and never worry if your controller is going to be supported by a game. It's also very good except for the d-pad.

This. My 360 got retired 5 years ago and I still had the controller hooked up to my PC until last week when I started experimenting with a DS4 instead.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

fuckpot posted:

As someone who has been using xbox controllers for nigh on 12 years, don't forget the PS4 controller option. It's an excellent controller which fixes the biggest problems I had with the PS3 controller (convex triggers and buttons, seriously?) and if you download this (http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package) Windows will recognise the controller as a 360 controller, so you'll have no compatibility issues.

The guy asked for cheap otherwise I'd have said DS4. Having both, while I like the DS4 better I wouldn't have bought one as an upgrade over my 360 pad and unless money was no object I wouldn't buy one just for my PC when a wired 360 pad is so much cheaper.

Unless you own or plan to buy a PS4 or don't care about cost the 360 pad is best bangforbuck on PC.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just finished it in 10 hours after doing all the side quests, went back to pick up a couple of missing chinpokomon from the school and now I'm trapped in the hallway after the basement because you can't climb back up the cable you slide down to get there and the doors at the other end are locked with no key, so I guess I wont be finishing that up.

Glad I borrowed this from my brother instead of buying it myself because that was short as hell, definitely not worth full launch price.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Manchild King posted:

This game has awesome style and writing. The best game based on a comedy TV show I have played. The Family guy game needed to be something like this.

My only criticism would be to do with balance around levels and weapons. Did anyone else hit the level cap long before the game was over? The order you got given a lot of the weapons seemed strange. For example the Katana can be bought outright from Jimbo for twenty something dollars as soon as you have the money. Very late in the game after going to Canada and killing everything he tells you to hunt, you receive a key to open the chest up on the shelf behind him. Both the weapons contained inside are fairly weak and the axe is worse than the Katana. Or was that a joke and I'm just humorless?

Yeah I was overlevelled throughout, all the equipment I was being awarded was useless compared to things I'd picked up. I finished the game in the crab people gear, because the only set of higher level gear I got after that had no armour on it so I didn't bother using it.

No doubt about it there is tons of polish on this game and a lot of love has gone into the details but there's a pretty clear lack of playable content. There are basically no side quests in the entire game that aren't completed by playing through the game as normal and just keeping your eyes open. I also never used the summons because I didn't want to have to go back to pick up replacements so I was saving them for tough fights, except they can't be used on the toughest fights and since it turns out you'd only get 3? one for each in-game day of them anyway they seem a little pointless.

\/\/\/\/ - the last thing the game needed was speeding up :v:

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 9, 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's 4 summons. Jesus, Mr. Kim, Mr. Slave, and Mr. Hanky

Yeah, I was referring to uses per not number of. AFAIK (since I didn't use any) as they are described in the game they are single use items you have to refill, and they can only be refilled once per in-game day. Since there are only 3 in game days as far as I can remember that limits you to 12 summons in the entire game.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

So am I absolutely loving stupid or is the fart tutorial in the toilet with Randy broken? I've tried it with both my 360 controller and my keyboard and am so absolutely sick of his fail line that I don't think I can try anymore today. I'm on the first part of it as well, not the second part which judging by the Steam thread is also really weird. Anyone able to explain what the gently caress it wants me to do? The onscreen prompts say to push the right stick down and then up like a second later, doing that fails. Pushing the left stick in any direction (which is what you do with other fart moves right?) makes it fail as well.

I spent forever on this. You just hold the right stick down until the prompt glows, then flick it up.

I found the next part harder, trying to copy Randy exactly is completely wrong and its kind of a lovely tutorial. Going by his instruction it seems like you hold down the right stick, then move the left stick in and out of the vibrating part. What actually needs to happen is just like all the other fart tutorials, you hold the right stick down, then turn the left stick and hold it when it vibrates until it tells you to push the right stick up.

GreatGreen posted:

So what kind of fantasy archetype does the Jew class fall under? How does the class feel to play?

I didn't make any use of the mechanic mentioned in the post above, and for the latter third of the game I was just using maximum levelled circum-scythe and the plagues over and over while my buddy healed or restored PP. It was a complete cakewalk and felt overpowered as hell, no idea if the other classes are like that or is the Jew is really poorly balanced.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 9, 2014

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lasher posted:

Jesus, the circum-scythe move is horrible.

Horrible gross or horrible as gameplay? It's the best move the Jew has

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

AlbertRayon posted:

I managed to glitch my way out of doing that fight, while still getting the credit for it. Took Jimmy on my first trip to the farm, put the cow bell up, cow comes out immediately followed by the farmer triggering a cutscene. After I finish talking to the farmer, the cow's already dead and I got a bunch of xp. Easiest fight in the game.

You hit the cow to engage the fight and it just dies, doesn't even start a battle

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

beedeebee posted:

So, I'm at the end of day 1. I'm getting abducted by aliens and I have to clench my rectum by mashing A really fast. I can't mash a button that fast, I get 3/4th of the meter. Max. Is there a way to skip this?

Assuming you're wearing clothes, put your finger under your shirt and rub it back and forth over the button instead of tapping.

No accessories required and you're not going to potentially beat the poo poo out of your controller with a foreign object.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Jesus motherfucking Christ, the dilation scene. I can't do it. I rotate the stick counter-clockwise until Randy says to stop, but I can't stop. I've tried mashing every button and rotating every stick. I've even tried pulling the batteries out of my controller just when he tells me to stop. gently caress this stupid minigame.

Just keep rotating, it stopped on its own for me. I literally just spun the stick until it moved to the next section.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I didn't even notice there were 1 and 2 handed weapons.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

bilperkins2 posted:

I don't think we'll be able to do "features" like swapping weapons, this is more like bug fixing patch.

Remove locks on doors in the postgame. I went looking for missed things and now I'm trapped forever in the school because I can't go back up the cable you slide down to get to the basement door and i can't go forwards into the main hall because the door is locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Circum-scythe inflicts bleeding on the target (and maybe gross out too?) and can be upgrade to gross out every other enemy on screen when used. :black101:

Also Doom Dreidel can be upgraded to cause burning and bounce a fuckton.

Basically Jew is the best class.

The problem with this is by the time you get it upgraded to that point 90% of enemies in the game are zombies who are immune to gross damage so it's kind of pointless in the majority of fights. Plagues is better, I found myself just having my buddy restore my PP with items and spamming plagues until everything was dead or killable with one attack on the next turn.

• Locked thread