Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0zxy
Mar 21, 2011
I'm having trouble finding advice on what to do for a specific issue I'm having with my education background on my resume. I was in school studying mechanical engineering from 2006-2010, but I had to change my major because of declining grades during a particularly rough time of my life (death of immediate family member in the middle of a semester that was completely out of the blue). The school took no mercy on my situation and disallowed me to finish my engineering degree. I was 80% of the way through and only had a few electives and a senior project remaining. I took one semester off and then moved to the college of arts and sciences in 2011 where I'll be finishing BS in geophysics this December and I've made nothing but A's and B's since I've changed majors. However, I began a research assistant position in the mechanical engineering department at the university in 2008 where I've been employed since and have been promoted to a facility and operations manager for the past three years. My boss was very understanding of my need to change majors and kept me on as I'm a huge asset to the program and have definitely helped it stay alive during some hard times with funding and staffing and I have extensive knowledge of the systems we're working with.

My question is whether or not I should list 'Mechanical Engineering 2006-2010' below my 'B.S. Geophysics 2011-2013' in my education section. If it makes any difference, I'm aiming at management positions as I've very much enjoyed my role as a manager in my current job.

Thanks in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU