Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I think that by 2017 there will be preorder exclusives that you can only get by preordering from certain vendors and then cancelling that preorder for another vendor's preorder.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jun 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Cancel your preorder on Amazon and get the M1G1 Rifle Ultimax! Only when you cancel your preorder from Amazon and preorder instead at Gamestop.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Veotax posted:

It's nine minutes long because It just holds on screens full of text for minutes at a time and plays some trailers.

It's not exactly complicated and most of the pre-order stuff (apart from the Harley Quinn and Red Hood packs) is just some lovely skins so who cares?

Ben Kuchera is shaking. Literally shaking because of all these god drat pre-order dlcs.

He's written the same article for about every single big AAA game that's come out in the past six months and it's the same: Wahhhhhhhhhhhh, I can't have the entire game in my hands at launch, my stupid old daddy hands streaked with tears and baby poo poo I have to wipe constantly (he does not know if the tears and poo poo belong to him or his children, who have stolen away his precious gaming time like videogame vampires, the little shits). Please do not buy the game and play it in front of me while I have to play with these stupid loving Playmobil toys with my dumb kids; the game is probably stupid and boring anyways. You're the idiot for playing it at launch.

That article and his parenting articles combined just really give off this incredible sense of sour grapes.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't care about any of that.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Well, I don't care about you not caring about any of that.

The tables have turned, shitbird!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

net cafe scandal posted:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Ben Kuchera is a massive idiot, so no.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

If you didn't figure out after the Mass Effect 3 fiasco that Ben Kuchera is a really entitled narcissistic idiot, you should do so now.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

cram me sideways posted:

He's written the same article for about every single big AAA game that's come out in the past six months and it's the same: Wahhhhhhhhhhhh, I can't have the entire game in my hands at launch,

I'm having a hard time figuring out what's so objectionable about that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

Ben Kuchera is a massive idiot, so no.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

If you didn't figure out after the Mass Effect 3 fiasco that Ben Kuchera is a really entitled narcissistic idiot, you should do so now.

I don't care about that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Whether he's an idiot or not, I have to admit that chopping the content up all over the place is worrisome considering how Arkham Asylum GOTY didn't have the Joker exclusive.

And Origins didn't have Knightfall DLC on Steam either, to my recollection.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Whether he's an idiot or not, I have to admit that chopping the content up all over the place is worrisome considering how Arkham Asylum GOTY didn't have the Joker exclusive.

And Origins didn't have Knightfall DLC on Steam either, to my recollection.

That was Playstation-exclusive poo poo, though, which is kinda different.

I'm praying that this'll be easy to round up after launch - like how Arkham City distributed all the skins in its $5 skin pack individually amongst a billion different sources - but I don't blame people for being worried. Also you're delusional if you think the PS-exclusive "Scarecrow missions" aren't just gonna be of the same quality of the endless skeleton fight Asylum had.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

I'm having a hard time figuring out what's so objectionable about that.

Yeah, Kuchera is an insufferable tool, but broken clocks etc.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

Also you're delusional if you think the PS-exclusive "Scarecrow missions" aren't just gonna be of the same quality of the endless skeleton fight Asylum had.

What are you basing this on? The trailer for it already makes it look better than the endless skeleton fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8FBy1fHYhA. Looks like they put at least a bit of effort into it...

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Keeku posted:

Looks like they put at least a bit of effort into it...

The trailer is made entirely of standard gameplay animations we've seen from other trailers/Arkham games with creative camera angles.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

The trailer is made entirely of standard gameplay animations we've seen from other trailers/Arkham games with creative camera angles.

Oh okay that's cool lets ignore everything else in that trailer.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Game development costs are a billion times higher than they were even ten years ago - and games are still being sold at sixty dollars.

I'd rather get a good "Core" version of the game and have the option to pay for more content versus having to drop $90 for every title. Or god forbid, having everything turn into a free 2 play circlejerk.

Of course, I'm still super nervous about Arkham Knight's season pass. It could just be an hour-long Batgirl mission, a few brief mini-missions, and a poo poo-ton of challenge maps for all we know.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Quick question, and I fear I know the answer; Is the season pass for PS4 region locked? As in, I can't buy it from that Columbian site and expect it to work here in the UK?

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 14, 2015

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

cram me sideways posted:

Ben Kuchera is shaking. Literally shaking because of all these god drat pre-order dlcs.

He's written the same article for about every single big AAA game that's come out in the past six months and it's the same: Wahhhhhhhhhhhh, I can't have the entire game in my hands at launch, my stupid old daddy hands streaked with tears and baby poo poo I have to wipe constantly (he does not know if the tears and poo poo belong to him or his children, who have stolen away his precious gaming time like videogame vampires, the little shits). Please do not buy the game and play it in front of me while I have to play with these stupid loving Playmobil toys with my dumb kids; the game is probably stupid and boring anyways. You're the idiot for playing it at launch.

That article and his parenting articles combined just really give off this incredible sense of sour grapes.

TBH you sound like ten times the idiot he is.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Keeku posted:

Oh okay that's cool lets ignore everything else in that trailer.

I'd rather ignore your inability to grasp marketing.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Kin posted:

I'd rather ignore your inability to grasp marketing.

Edit: bleh. You're probably right. Maybe I'm just a sucker for marketing, but I still think the trailer looks cool and gives me the vibes of the Arkham Asylum Scarecrow sections, which were one of the best things from that game. I hope the Scarecrow mission is just an extended scarecrow hallucination section like that (and hope it doesn't remain PS4 exclusive forever...)

Keeku fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 14, 2015

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
It's too late for all this dlc discussion. I mean in general. Preorder bonuses before gameplay footage and every other gross tactic work really well. All the whiny clickbait authors in the world and people begging others to vote with their wallets are useless against the millions of people who vote "who cares I wanna have fun". Just give in, it's much less stressful on this side.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Gamers must be great to market to since they will waste vast amounts of money on anything, get really defensive about it even if its total crap and have no pattern recognition at all.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Would you rather pay $90 straight out of the box?

I'm fine with DLC and see it as a necessary economic part of the industry.

Now, releasing games that are so glitchy and unplayable and broken until months after the launch date... that's a horrid practice that really needs to stop.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

cram me sideways posted:

lmao at this post

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

Now, releasing games that are so glitchy and unplayable and broken until months after the launch date... that's a horrid practice that really needs to stop.

that's also a necessary economic part of the industry in a sense

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Yeah, broken games suck and is an actual problem for consumers and developers. I do find it funny that the only game to ever really feel like the DLC was a piece of the main story carved out was Arkham City but gamers insist that DLC itself is cut content full stop. Yes, the developers cut out a 3 hour story that takes place after the main story and has tweaks to the mechanics not present in the main game just to sell it to you 3 months from now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Some guy at IGN claims to have gotten the game earlier

No idea if is true or not but people wanting to avoid spoiler probably want to tread the net carefully

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I wish more of you had decided to vote with your wallets. Maybe then I could've gotten the drat special edition PS4 from GameStop.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Narcissus1916 posted:

What I usually do is wait for a GOTY edition later and preferably a steam sale so whatevs, I dont spend 50+ euro on videogames :shrug:

Ironically if a game ships with tons of (usually temporarily) retailer exclusive Dlc and has lots of extra content coming im less likely to buy it early and will just wait until its all bundled together.

Otherwise it depends on the dlc, I like quite big chunky narrative dlc similar to expansion packs of yore that play around with mechanics and plot (ie: dead money for fallout new vegas) as opposed to the nickel and dime crap with costumes and weapons and such, the arkham series has generally been weighted towards the latter. Apart from that its not my problem that videogame companies are bankrupting themselves in their sisyphean quest for photo-realism, I have little interest in supporting that.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Can it hurry up and be 9pm Pacific time Monday?

I've already played my Father's Day card to get off the hook for having to be present for a couple hours that night... :)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VymQrOoLww

Looks like someone got Resident Evil in my Arkham Series.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 16, 2015

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Not sure if that is actually the start of the game or just the start of the Scarecrow levels DLC.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Sober posted:

Not sure if that is actually the start of the game or just the start of the Scarecrow levels DLC.

at the end it makes perfectly clear what it is

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

That cop got everything he deserved for failing to recognize a masked thug standing around talking about fighting Batman. The innocent bystanders in the diner... maybe not so much.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Someone found a way to get the PS3 exclusive Knightfall DLC working on PC. I'm not sure if linking to a Steam guide with files not even intended to be available on the platform counts as :filez: so just go look at the Steam guide for it. Apparently trying to use the Bruce Wayne Initiation skins on the Knightfall challenge maps crashes the game because of how it's implemented but otherwise it appears to work perfectly fine. I can finally live out my dream to beat up mans in the best most gaudy Batman costume ever.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

hiddenriverninja posted:

how did I not know this was a thing:

https://youtu.be/tJkN1hMZKF0

I know there's 2 of them in the arcade at the exit of Revenge of the Mummy at Universal, but I don't really frequent any other arcades.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

El Hefe posted:

at the end it makes perfectly clear what it is

No, I'm pretty sure that's the intro to the game. They just tacked on the 'PS4 exclusive Scarecrow missions' thing because it was the Sony press conference. That didn't really look anything like the Scarecrow missions from the trailer that was released for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Is it just me, or did anyone else see Candy sitting at one of the tables?

• Locked thread