Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Serious George posted:

I wish they would pick up on that cancelled game that would've been based on Gotham by Gaslight. The idea of Victorian Batman excites me, especially if they focus more on the detective aspects of the gameplay (Batman doing elaborate martial arts in that millieu feels off to me).

I would have liked a spiderman: shattered-thing style concept which involved gotham by gaslight, batman beyond and so on. I wouldnt really have cared for a full game.

I'm wondering who the other assassins are, my moneys on Firefly for one. I have a soft spot for him despite the fact he's so crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I don't care if it'd be a Mature game, but I really want a game where you play from the perspective of Batman's *villains*, in particular the Joker, in uncensored glory. It'd be interesting to see what a game designer could do/get away with so we could see the world through his eyes. Maybe even include an "Emperor Joker" DLC.

Even playing Poison Ivy would be interesting, since she's really the only one in Batman's Rogue's Gallery that has bonafide super powers.

Villain games are difficult because the villain of a story typically comes up with schemes and that's hard to realise in a gameplay format because games cant give you that much freedom. Who gives the Joker his missions? How would you realize a characters gameplay whose whole thing is how ridiculously convoluted his plans are?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

HenessyHero posted:

Ivy's a vigilante eco-terrorist who's taken up a cause that was ignored by the city in an excessive, radical way.

Croc is... uh...

Scary half-beast man.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/04/bak-debut-trailer-90348602352.aspx

Trailer.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Skoll posted:

Ugh. Why are these trailers always so gorgeous?

Is Arkham Knight supposed to be a sequel to Arkham Origins or Arkham City? Judging by the Batsuit and how young he looked, I'm guessing it's going to be Arkham Origins.

Let's just hope that even though it's Rocksteady, the game won't be a buggy piece of poo poo.

Arkham City had two subplots which forshadowed the events in this one. Albeit vaugely.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Im hoping "playable Harley Quinn DLC" implies that Robin/Nightwing are in the main game as default.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

ManOfTheYear posted:

. Basically every iteration of Batman has him suffer mentally on some level and still be plaguede by his parents murder after 20+ years but not counting a couple of lines where he states he sometimes feels bad mental problems don't affect him at all. That's wasted exploration.

My favourite batman moment is in Long Halloween (I think) when someone interrupts him during his annual pilgrimage to put flowers in crime alley and he runs like a scared little kid.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Monolith was also working on a Dark Knight Rises game before it got canned. The rumour is that they recycled assets from it into SoM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The thing about the Arkham Knight is explaining why he has Arkham in his name for any reason other than the meta franchise building one.

• Locked thread