Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

redbackground posted:

This one?

I don't see him. :shrug:

Nevertheless, I too would bet on KGBeast showing up. When else is anyone going to use him?

Is that Lockup on the right side with the shoulderpads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

redbackground posted:

Has anyone broken down all the skins? I can barely make out any of them.

The New Millenium Skins are

- Golden Age Batman
- Red Son Batman
- Looks like New 52 Batman
- Not sure
- Blackest Night
- This Robin looks like Tim Drake with the cape that looks like it's feathered.

I don't recognize any of the Infinite Earths skins but apparently the first one is New 52 Earth 2 Batman the third one is New 52 Earth 2 Batman's replacement and the 4th one kinda looks like Batman during the Rock of Ages storyline.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

This was posted over in the Steam thread - GreenManGaming has a 25% off voucher for this weekend for Arkham: Origins - GMG25-W38UG-WZTBY

That was enough to tilt me into taking the gamble, the game is looking enough like it's at least not DETRACTING from what made Asylum and City so much fun to play, and I'd honestly be satisfied with a game that is essentially more of the same with a different story for variety. If it turns out to be more than that/better than that, then even better!

That's pretty much exactly what i'm gunning for. I don't expect a new team to make something amazing out of a preexisting setup. That and I had enough fun with the Arkham games that i'd gladly take 'some more of the same' with different story. That being said i've been wrong on that before (Bioshock 2)

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

Bioshock 2 was a better game with a worse story.

Pretty much, worse characters too. My whole reasoning behind going 'I was wrong wanting more of the same out of Bioshock' was I loved the 1st and wanted more of the same. Well we got more of Rapture and it had better mechanics just the story and characters weren't near as bombastic as the 1st and I got bored real quick. I have a feeling more of the same with Arkham as long as it's not ALL the same villain lineup will fair better with me.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Pharmaskittle posted:

Just wait till you get to the sidescrolling time limit QTE fight with poison ivy. I probably should have spoilered that, but it's just so cool.

Been there, sorta done that.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Up until Arkham Asylum it was my favorite Batman game and even after it came out it was still a close race.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

Deathstroke(able to hold his own against like 10 of the JL in open combat for a time)

I don't hate that comic near as much as a lot of people on this board and even i'll say that was really fellating that character(whom I love mind you) that involved some lovely writing that included Wally West Flash running into a sword and even crazier with Kyle Rayner Green Lantern forgoing using his all mighty wishing ring and instead running in to throw a punch. Infinite Crisis later with Batman, Nightwing and Robin taking him down in pretty short order seemed a lot more his scale. Plot armor counts for a lot but he definitely is in that Batman with plot armor can beat him with not too much trouble to Deathstroke could hastle the JLA with a plot armored up super plan (ie Tower of Babel or Prometheus stuff) range. He's not Starro the Conqueror over here.

(Or that ^^^^ works for a totally non nerd answer. )

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Shindragon posted:

We either got Scarecrow or Hush. Both left pretty cool cliffhangers. I will admit I sort of want Hush considering how much of a threat he can to attack Batman personally considering he's actually targeting Bruce Wayne so at least that would feel that the game would go out of Arkham Island for once. The one thing I liked about AA is how they introduced enemies that people weren't familiar with and gave you a little bio and introduction to what they do. I thought that would be a stepping point in introducing more obscure characters in the game.

I mean yeah technically we did get introduced to FireFly in this game but there is still more they can do.

I'm not gonna be happy until they cash in on the Ratcatcher reference in Asylum.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Hey, Firefly was referenced in Asylum and here he is in Origins, so don't rule anything out!

Wasn't there a Killer Moth entry too? Next game needs to have them both. Hell i'd love if they'd take a semi note from Brave and the Bold and just kinda throw a whole bunch of schmuck villains at Batman. Just do a Mad Hatter or Scarecrow situation where he's fighting in a dreamland and it's really just a bunch of thugs but to him it's like Kite man and Ratcatcher and Condiment King.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I think probably my favorite Joker moment ever is in that film :allears:

The GCPD chasing down Batman was amazing. Plus the scene where Batman and Joker are in the model of the city and right before they start smashing each others faces in with buildings they show that side shot of them both. Loved it. Plus, the best Joker lines.

"Hello? Hello operator? I believe my party has been... disssconnected."

"There's a new face in Gotham and soon his name will be all over town... to say nothing of his legs and feet and spleen and HEAD *BOOM*"

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Kilson posted:

Brent Spiner was great as Puck in Gargoyles - I could imagine that voice as something close to the Joker.

No no no... he was Joker on Young Justice I believe and all he tried to do was a crummy Heath Ledger take. Reaaaaal crummy. DiMaggio was good and he wasn't trying to be Hamil (which anyone who does at this point is nuts) his Joker fit that story pretty well. Michael McKean and Jeff Bennett both did really good Dick Sprang era Jokers in an episode of TBAS and Brave and the Bold respectively.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

Robocop has been Batman for a long time though.

That doesn't seem real at all but on the off chance it is I MUST read it.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

Well I doubt there will be another jump so substantial as that. How do you escalate beyond Arkham City? Arkham County? Arkham Country? Big-rear end Arkham World?

I'm hoping they'd do other superheroes. Don't get me wrong, I love Batman and still hope every other game would be a Batman game but i'd love to see them tackle a Superman game. They GOT Batman and no one who has made a Superman game actually GOT Superman so... that'd be neat.

Either that or finish this loving The Flash game that got canned because fuuuuuuuck that looks fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrtwUQXuSXY

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Most importantly, Robert Costanzo as Harvey Bullock. :3:

THEY BROUGHT BACK ANIMATED BULLOCK?!? Fuuuuuuuck. Steam sale hurry the gently caress up and happen.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Robot_Rumpus posted:

The funny part is that I could totally believe that happened in the comics. Or as people who buy a lot of them seem to refer to them as, 'books'.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Didn't this happen in a Spider-Man book?

Whether he intended it or not this is almost exactly KAMANDI: The Last Boy on Earth.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Barudak posted:

I absolutely did. Does anybody have the incredible map of that universe?

gently caress yes I do.

Every single territory name would make an amazing band name. "Ello' ello' yeah we're the Kangarat Murder Society."

Barudak posted:

The summers are just wonderful.

Alternately; living almost anywhere else in the DC universe is an even worse option and out of the variety of places I could reside Gotham is one of the safer.

Right? Imagine you're just sitting there reaching over for your remote and Superman smashes right through it and your couch and out the other side because Doomsday fuckoff punched him through your apartment. There's no way your insurance is covering anything. At least with Gotham you might luck out and be kidnapped by Kite Man or the Film Freak and it's just an annoyance until his face is punched in.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 4, 2014

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Let me tell you about Norman Osborn and Gwen Stacy's children. Their adult children who fought Spider-Man.

THAT NEVER loving HAPPENED LA LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I enjoyed Origins. Every mechanic was a level less polished than their Rocksteady counterparts which is evident if you ever tried to cross that loving bridge while NOT going over the top. Plus the upgrade system where you have to do everything IN ORDER was the worst goddamned thing and threw my loving OCD for a loop when I realized i'd passed one of the two rooms in the game you can only do one of those predator challenges on. Luckily you go back when you do the Deadshot fight. That all being said i'll give them credit where credit is due, they gave me not only one but two interesting Bane fights and that's more than I got out of City or Asylum. Firefly and Deathstroke were different enough too to be interesting. Everything else was firmly settled in 'that's fine, still fun' territory.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Asylum is still my favorite. I feel the story and action are the most focused beat for beat of the three games and besides a couple of lamedick boss fights (Asylum's one real flaw) it was pretty much the best Batman feeling experience for me right up until Joker shot himself with the dart gun and we got another limp boss fight and a really off ending compared to the build-up. (Although that explosive gel punch was pretty hype)

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Fuckin' wooooords

I believe the answer you're looking for is 'Comic Books'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

On the topic of Arkham Knight, does being unable to run over criminals confirm a lack of a Glue/Freeze Grenade? Because I would totally get out of the Batmobile, immobilize someone with that, and then run them down. :unsmigghh:

If they're smart they'll just have all your gadgets wear off/everyone bust out after you hop back in the car.

• Locked thread