Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
So this is out on Steam in North America now? I'm thinking about picking this up once I get home now that some positive reviews are in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

One costume is Judas Contract Deathstroke, AKA The Real Deathstroke in all his bright, cheesy early-80's glory.

The other is Injustice Deathstroke, which is kinda meh. :shrug:

I only had the injustice skin. Did you preorder on PC or console? I'm playing on steam.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

DrNutt posted:

I preordered on Steam with a Nvidia code and have both outfits. Have you played as Deathstroke on a challenge map yet? I don't know if there were any conditions for unlocking it, but I had already played for awhile when I noticed I had the Judas Deathstroke.

I've only unlocked one challenge map so far so I guess I'll keep playing. I noticed batman's dark knight costume unlocks when you finish the dark knight challenges, maybe you have to unlock the other as well. Thanks.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Antti posted:

Has there ever been a case of this kind of, I don't know, conceptual or thematic advertisement for a game that wasn't awful and corny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLPwrSAkNX0

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The only thing that really annoyed me about Catwoman is that her health bar is separate from the other playable characters, and it's smaller. I hope they've changed that in Arkham Knight.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

I think it's okay for her health bar to be shorter in exchange for her being faster and having other benefits. It's an understandable balancing factor.

(I admit that I almost never got hit so it didn't matter much to me either way so YMMV.)

Yeah I've been playing so much I never really get hit anyway as any character, it just always bothered me for some reason.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

I think the problem is you had to personally go out of your way to upgrade Catwoman while playing the game to unlock her special combo moves or give her more armour/hp.

Yeah, honestly this was way more annoying than the fact that it was shorter, it felt like a waste of upgrade while playing the main game considering you spent the vast majority of the story playing as batman. With so many playable characters this time around I can't imagine it will work the same way in Arkham Knight, but I guess we'll see how that goes.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Crappy Jack posted:

I think they're shooting themselves in the foot marketing wise, because all these other players are only going to be "playable" in individual DLC missions, like Robin in City. Other than that, it seems like it's solely gonna be "Batman goes into a room full of bad guys, Catwoman/Robin/Nightwing is there, you can switch to them occasionally during the fight, and then once it's over, they disappear to go do something and you're back to Batman".

To clarify, I don't expect to be able to run around Gotham with 7 different character but I would expect that in combat they'll share the same upgrade tree as batman like robin and nightwing did in city, and deathstroke did in origins.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Terminally Bored posted:

Does anyone have a story-complete steamworks save for City I could use? I want to do the NG+ but lost my save when the game ditched GWFL.

I have a 100% complete hard save (100% complete story, anyway. all trophies and sidequests complete for batman and catwoman) on my home pc, but I've already started NG+. I'm not sure if there is any easy way to restart that or not.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The Flashpoint and Red Son Batman both look really fuckin cool imo. In fact they look way better than all the skins presented thus far.

Certainly better than Anime Batman:

Is this real? Jesus christ.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So "anime" is just another word for poorly drawn, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

This is going to be great and totally worth preordering at gamestop. I'm part of the problem and I don't even care.

• Locked thread