Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face

Faltese Malkin posted:

I don't know what developer magic they used to make the combat so addicting, but it's remarkable.

Believe it or not, the combat in Batman is actually a holdover from when Rocksteady was trying to make a rhythm game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

Man, I really hope the multiplayer doesn't end up sucking. I flinched and watched this multiplayer tutorial video and it still looks neat. :(

I don't want Arkham Origins to break my heart. AssCreed 3 broke my drat heart last year, and I hated hated hated Bioshock Infinite - Arkham Origins and Watch Dogs are the only two other games I've got any hype for.

Enough whinging, though: Which store should I pick up Arkham Origins from to get the most launch day content?

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Also this. I don't recall if it's on a timer/cooldown or what, but if a team of thugs can really co-ordinate and flush out bats, well hell. That doesn't sound very fun to me.

Not very fun for bats, anyways. :hehe:

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

Amazon isn't last I checked. :(

Actually, it looks like the PC version is out today on Amazon and tomorrow on Steam:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham...+arkham+origins

Okay so you can buy and download and play this game RIGHT NOW from Amazon; true or false?

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Uh, a release day embargo pretty much shows the opposite of that.

Ah jeez! The person I quoted indicated that the game was out earlier than usual, but thankfully you came along, and informed me otherwise! Unfortunately, you did it in a lovely way, which sucks! Your lovely way sucks a whole lot! Your lovely way was probably awesome for you, but not for me! For me, it sucked! For you, it ruled! I guess that's why you said it the way you did. Oh well! The end!

Dr VideoGames 0.299 fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 24, 2013

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

I am terrible at videogames and would like help.

The Deathstroke boss fight: What's the trick to beating him? Am I just supposed to keep countering him, or is there a sequence of moves I'm supposed to be puzzling out? I'm not having a lot of fun just circling him and countering and trying to hit him and getting pushed back and etc etc etc

If the explanation is THE BAT IS OUT OF HIS ELEMENT AND IT TOTALLY MAKES SENSE THIS IS A HARD BOSS FIGHT then that's loving stupid and not fun.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

randombattle posted:

Quickfire Grapple Claw.

Thank you. This should be slapped in the OP in 44-point railroad type, flashing red with Blingee lights dancing around it. What a miserable loving experience. I hope I never have to do it again (I will do it again in new game plus and I Am the Night).

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

Terminally Bored posted:

Yeah, but that's not a particularly well-written review.

Carolyn is like some lovely Kotaku escapee they keep around because they feel bad for her, or something. A terrible reviewer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I just rolled my eyes and went to bed.

He rolled his eyes and went to bed.

He saw the video, on the internet, and rolled his eyes and went to bed.

He lay down in his bed and pulled the covers up, after he rolled his eyes.

The eye roll that took him to bed, scornful, tired, and labored at the world's efforts to entertain him.

He slumbered, eyes rolled to the back of his head. Rolling like a cyclotron, burning and whirring and chugging. He rolled his eyes, and then there was darkness. Bitter, dismissive darkness.

He rolled his eyes and went to bed. There was nothing there, after all. He had seen it, with his rolled eyes. And they rolled anew, and would roll again and keep rolling, endlessly, never resting. Never focusing. Always pointed skyward, searching, questing, longing for the answer. But never not rolling.

He rolled his eyes and went to bed.

• Locked thread