Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I figured fast travel via the Batwing was meant to replace that?

I didn't enjoy transit at all in City, to be honest. It was a cool idea but doesn't change the fact that you'll just be gliding uneventfully through the air most of the time.

Different strokes I guess, I found it really fun getting to my destination across the city without touching a building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

How big is it?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Is the super fast series of punches still in this game?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Whats the deal with this power quick fire gadget? I unlocked it but it didn't explain what it was as far as I could tell!

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

This game is really fun! I think it's probably my favourite too. Only bug I have encountered so far on PC is every now and then there are thugs that are supposed to be KO'd that are still standing up, which ruins combos you can't actually hit them.

Here's an example:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Yeah multiple dudes with knives is annoying at the moment without the upgrade, spend half the fight dodging them.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

DarthBlingBling posted:

I just had that today as well. Might be to do with daylight saving time in the UK as the clocks went back an hour last night. Has had a tendency to mess up other programs in the past

Same issue. Not a big deal though. Also apparently I cleared that tower a lot of people are having issues with on PC without issue. Weird.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

ZoninSilver posted:

Well I think I might be utterly screwed. When I went into the sewer to infiltrate the Morgue , I backtracked to the earlier part of the CPU room down there to grab a few Enigma things I couldn't get/missed the first time. As I headed back to the elevator though, this is what greeted me:

Elevator's in the up position, there's no way for me to call it down, and the exit on the other end is blocked off at this part of the story. Don't think I can fast travel out either.

And I JUST finished grabbing all the Enigma packages in the city itself. What joy.

Any of you guys know how to get out of this, or did I just screw myself over?

I'm not this far but a guy earlier in the thread said go down a dead end looking corridor to find an unmarked ladder

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Scyantific posted:

I cleared the Royal Hotel predator event without being seen. But yeah, anything that has a chance of getting you spotted will count as being seen. I didn't do any glide kicks or ground takedowns at all. I did two inverted takedowns, two vent takedowns, and two silent takedowns. No you can't use knockout smash, that will get you spotted.

Yeah it's kind of annoying glide kicking the final dude counts as being spotted.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

So how many costumes are there to unlock? :getin:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I don't get vent take downs, does the vent you're attacking through have to be intact?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Scyantific posted:

I believe so.

Thanks! Finally got the stupid 4 exotic takedowns challenge, looks like the rest of the tree is going to be just as miserable though.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Beeez posted:

It's actually surprising there's never been a good Punisher game to my knowledge, it really seems like he'd be a perfect video game protagonist.

There's a Xbox/PC Punisher game that was very fun (and violent).

It had an interrogation system that allowed you to feed dudes to piranhas, power drill them through the head, get them gored by a rhino or melt their face with molten lead. :drac:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Just finished it, cool game, enjoyed it all apart from the entire Blackgate section.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Even though they can be powered through with shock gloves, shield guys are still really unfun to fight, same with the shock stick guys although they're barely featured in the story.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Nthman posted:

When will we get a game made by the team that made Asylum and City? I dont think I would recommend Origins to anyone unless it was on sale.

Really? I thought it was a good game, just about equal to City, obviously it has it's fair share of problems. What's your major problem with it?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Nice to see the patch hasn't done anything about the incredibly loving worthless camera. Do I need an extreme close up of Batman from the side every time I do a glide kick? No. Do I need a ridiculously distant shot when I do a dive attack? No. Do I need a close up of the one guy I'm fighting 80% of the time instead of seeing the guy with the pipe out of shot who just ruined my combo? I guess so!

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Batswarm spam has been the key to the bigger combos in my experience.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Trying to finish these Campaign modes in the challenges is going to give me an aneurysm. Why is there no choice to restart with the modifiers you already chose?

edit: Oh god there's medals that are impossible to get if you choose the wrong modifiers, found out the hard way when I was balls deep 6 medals in and the final one required a silent takedown (which I had modified to be unable to do)

eleven extra elephants fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 6, 2013

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Sober posted:

It's mostly because possibly the window is tighter, or the frames where you can cancel out of a move into a counter are much smaller. That plus (at least in free roam) enemies that will fly a few meters and connect a hit if you aren't careful. Also just way too many fights in tight spaces loving up the camera.

The challenge mode system seems completely different, you can still do the split second counters that you could in the other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Goddamn how do I get back into the SWAT rooms and the sewers underneath GCPD again?

• Locked thread