Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

jscolon2.0 posted:

Calling Copperhead as the Glass Joe of the 8 bosses.

It's Copperhead. Dude used to get the poo poo kicked out of him by the Elongated Man. Reboot or not, that's not exactly a wild leap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Apparently, Lady Shiva is the sixth assassin.

Oh good. I was hoping to see a decent representative of the League of Assassins it just wouldn't be right without one.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
Okay, Troy Baker does a pretty good Joker.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

randombattle posted:

Shouldn't deathstroke have swords and guns? Why is he bonking everyone with a staff anyway?

Because they cannibalized most of the Robin DLC from Arkham City to make it. The thread just covered this, keep up.

Judging by the artwork and trailers he will use a sword when you fight him in the main game though.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Iacen posted:

Isn't Deathstroke a bad guy? Does he share Batman's morals or what? Because from my limited Batman experience, I would have thought he would just have shot his enemies.

(Yes, I know the explanation is probably that they had to fit it into the Batman framework, but still...)

He does use guns if he needs to. But the game already has Deadshot, we don't need another crazed gunman.

Also, for the record, Deathstroke does use a staff in the comics. Admittedly, a high tech staff that shoots energy blasts, but he uses it like a bo.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

All eight assassins have been revealed.

Aside from the six that have already been officially announced, here are the last two.

Lady Shiva was revealed weeks ago and I would need more than a photographed screen to believe that Killer Croc is on the list. That does not qualify as an assassin no matter how you look at it. It's probably a side quest.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

TheJoker138 posted:

Ok so I'm at the tower near the GCPD to unlock fast travel for that area. I can clearly see what I'm supposed to do. There's a great I need to pull off with the batclaw and then zip up there and climb out. But when I pull off the grate and zip up, Batman just sits there, hanging from the grate, and won't climb up. What the gently caress am I doing wrong?

Some people are claiming that's a problem with your video card drivers. Try updating I guess?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

IchGestalt posted:

Ditto - Worked for me after a bit of trying. Woo!

Oh hey, that works.

I know it was just a coincidence, but I still thought it was pretty funny that he picked now to start accusing me of cheating.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
^^ I think that one only pops up in the postgame.

Narcissus1916 posted:

And I'm supposed to now clear a predator room without using detective vision. And so I guess if I keep cocking up the predator rooms in the main story levels I could possibly end up unable to find the proper place to beat that challenge.

Just clear a rooftop of gunmen, it'll count.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Aphrodite posted:

You can't change your ID this time.

Yes, you can. But you have to do it from the website.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Even playing Poison Ivy would be interesting, since she's really the only one in Batman's Rogue's Gallery that has bonafide super powers.

Don't just ignore Mr. Freeze like that. Sure, being able to survive at fifty below zero in your boxers may not be the most glamorous super power, but it's still a super power. And at least he isn't a fusion of a lingerie model and the Lorax.

Plus, y'know, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, Clayface, I can keep going, they're really not that rare.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Kin posted:

I got the no fast travel thing too just after I unlocked the hatter mission. I assumed it was down to a specific thing that was going to happen to me during navigation across the city.

The only thing that happened was that Alfred called me to wish me a merry Christmas as i approached the bank/hatter shop, so it might not be a bug.

It's a bit lovely if that's why though. Fast travel deactivated just so you can hear one line of dialogue as you fly around the city?

Fast travel is locked when you catch an enemy's attention and stay locked until you've gotten the results screen for beating his rear end. Getting that mission got you some attention and you didn't get a chance to beat their rear end. Yes, it's sloppy design, but that shows up a lot.

If you find fast travel locked when you're not in a fight, just restart from checkpoint, it should open it up again.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So it sounds like I should wait until this game gets patched for all its bugs before picking it up, huh?

Yeah, give it a couple of weeks. Maybe see if it goes on sale for thanksgiving weekend.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Scyantific posted:

Ok how the hell do I do the Sonic Batarang Takedown challenge? I've already tried doing it near a vent for a Vent Takedown, and under a vantage point for either the Inverted or Remote Claw Takedown and it didn't register them at all.

You have to do it three times. And inverted takedowns are probably easiest for that challenge. Just sit on a gargoyle, point straight down, drop the batarang and wait. It almost feels like cheating.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Soonmot posted:

t it didn't matter anyway because you hadn't opened the Shiva quest for Disarm&Destroy yet anyways. Special thugs are spice. Use too many and you ruin the dish.

Shive is critical hits. You get disarm and destroy from Bird. Which is goddamn stupid since you can only get that most wanted in the final act of the game.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

THE CHORSE posted:

Anyway, who the gently caress are the Court of Owls?

A very goddamn stupid villain from the New 52. Well, group of villains I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Orgophlax posted:

OK, another question: The one challenge I'm on is to do 20 critical strikes in a free flow combo. That's the "press attack at a constant beat" like the previous games, not the critical counters ability, right?

Yes, but make sure you actually have the skill unlocked.

• Locked thread