Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Gonkish posted:

I really want to know if Killer Croc is as creepy as he was in AA. That part of the game legitimately had me freaked out. They did a great job of making him intimidating as gently caress.

I haven't bought/played it yet, but I've been hoping since reveal that the fight will be a nod to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pHBU0Er2es

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Platypus Farm posted:

The thing is though, there are very few of them that non-comics people know about. If a villain hasn't been in a movie, people don't want to fight them.

Oh you mean characters in the Arkham trilogy like:

Victor Zsasz
Killer Croc
Harley Quinn
Hugo Strange
Clayface
Solomon Grundy
Deadshot
Mad Hatter
Hush
Black Mask
Deathstroke
Copperhead
Firefly
Lady Shiva
Electrocutioner
Anarky

It's probably more likely that they're just lazy.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Platypus Farm posted:

Right, and none of those will ever be main villains because they have no name recognition among people who aren't into the comics. Those are all minor characters. I agree with you that batman's got a ton of awesome villains, but they'll never use those as main story arcs for a AAA game because the vast majority know, what... Riddler, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, R'as (maybe), Bane, Scarecrow... uh...

I would love to see more interesting villains. I was only halfway joking about King Tut, or Egghead, or any of them.

That said, I doubt that the developers are "lazy", it's probably more likely they know their target market and aren't willing to screw up tons of sales because their main villain isn't well known.

No, I'm saying that all the villains listed were fightable characters that were never in any movie in the Arkham games (except Hush isn't fightable, whoops) and you're saying that to the average person, these characters mean nothing and people only want movie characters.

Except Asylum has sold 4.3 million copies, City has sold 6+ million copies, and Origins is almost on par with post-release Asylum at the moment (but slowing down).

The "average person" wants something different than Joker/Bane too, which is reinforced by several review's negative talking points regarding Origins' "more of the same" plot/characters (disregarding the technical mess that it is). Unfortunately, Origins also did absolutely nothing with the new boring villains except have them get unremarkably beat up and disappear forever, which still makes City the go-to "lore builder" of the series.

Mostly everyone, regardless if they're a comic reader or casual fan, is waiting on a different Arkham game than the one they just got. There's gotta be a legitimate reason for that.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 6, 2013

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Speaking of Under The Red Hood (what, did the goon hivemind just decide to watch this weekend or something?), what's the opinion in DiMaggio's Joker?

Unimaginably lazy.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

I forgot where I read it but it made a lot of sense:

Batman Forever/Batman & Robin weren't made for us; they were made for young kids. They were made to sell toys.

Fans of TAS, comics, and the first two Burton movies were not their target market.

(they still sucked though)

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

I might be late on it but this is pretty cute: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...ght/true#M15908

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

People who prefer AC's plot to AO are suffering from mental illness but do not realize it.

AO is probably one of the worst games I've ever played and aside from the billion technical issues, the story is hamfisted dogshit.

AA & AC are wonderful.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

I found it funny that all the tanks he was blowing up were unmanned. I guess that is the go to excuse for using the Batmobile.

I wonder if they're tieing-in/rebooting a HARDAC storyline (ie, the Arkham Knight is a Batman-based robot): http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/HARDAC

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

kalonZombie posted:

It's hilarious, because I was about to watch it because a friend of mine told me it was "really good" and "probably the best animated movie yet". I've never read anything Suicide Squad related though, so I would've had no idea.

I asked on twitter but didn't get much of a reply, what are some of the animated movies actually worth watching?

Mask of the Phantasm & Return of the Joker are decent. Subzero's probably good but I haven't set aside time to watch it yet.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

You're still thinking of City again with all the tyger cameras and penguins and poo poo. Origins was the datapacks and anaraky tags. Although I looked up Origins and its closer to 1/2 the amount than 1/4.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/batman-ark...ns/Collectibles

Origins was a terrible game aside from that though.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Wait for Amazon's Black Friday (which is usually a week prior to the day). I got an amazing deal on my MSI 4GB 770 during that time last year.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

My entire Firefly fight was clicking the glue grenade button, mashing batarangs, glue grenade, batarangs, etc...until it was over. I didn't even have to move.

It's a bad game.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Calling it now:

Batman will have a Scarecrow-induced hallucination and pull off Akham Knight's helmet to reveal the Joker, thereby causing everyone in the world to go "ughhhhhhh."

However, Arkham Knight is actually just a robot.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Not buying anything until they do a GOTY edition or whatever but I just got an email from Nuuvem and the base-game pre-order is $27.22 over there. So if you pre-ordered on Steam, just cancel and get it from Nuuvem. Didn't look to see if they have the SP available but that'll likely be cheaper when it hits their store too.

And before anyone asks, yes, Nuuvem is legit.

EDIT: And to pre-emptively help anyone out that's never used Nuuvem before, you'll want to use a Chrome plug-in called Hola Better Internet and set your region to Argentina.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

DStecks posted:

lol at the people itt who are actually going to preorder a game in tyool 2015

Only reason to do this is when Nuuvem eventually does an AK game/season pass bundle deal for like $25. Then you can sit on it for another year until everything's actually released.

I miss the days before DLC.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Most Batman games are $1.70 each @ Nuuvem right now: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/warner-esmaga

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Are these US versions?

If it doesn't say in bright red letters "REGION LOCKED" on the lefthand column, then yes. Use Chrome, Hola Better Internet plug-in, set region to Argentina, checkout with PayPal.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Ah. AC isn't available to me. AA is, though. Might do it. Kinda have a feeling we are going to get a sale in the next couple weeks in anticipation of AK, though.

Looking at the page, AC isn't region-locked: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/93...he-year-edition

You're just hitting a checkout lock. As stated, you can get literally anything on the site that's not REGION LOCKED by using Hola Better Internet and setting your region to Argentina. The Steam keys are region-free.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Their logic on the new Beyond skin makes sense even if it looks kinda retarded. They knew that the older Beyond skin looked dumb due to the model limitations so they went full out futuristic on the new one. Maybe it'll have jet boots and stuff.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Just here to say that the DLC Batman Beyond costume is based on his current look in the comics. They killed off Terry Mcguiness and Tim Drake took up the role with a modified outfit

I thought Tim was all mentally hosed up and old after Return of the Joker.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Kin posted:

Ditto, the code doesn't appear to work on the season pass. I already pre-ordered the base game from the GMG VIP area months back at like 30% off or something, but it would be good to get the season pass a chunky discount too.

edit: i just turned on the email thing and it let me add the code to the base and complete pack but not the season pass. So i guess it's only being applied to things arbitrarily.

GMG

GMG isn't that hard to get refunds for on pre-orders. Just buy the whole premium bundle with the 40% code and contact them on getting a refund for the original vanilla copy. You'll have it within a week. I did the same thing with PoE when they offered the Royal Edition later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

poo poo, i missed the 40% off for arkham by two days!

Nah, you didn't: http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

• Locked thread