Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Deep Winter posted:

Let's speculate who the other assassins are!

Eight total, and we already have Bane, Deadshot, and Deathstroke. (real creative names guys)

I assume joker is one them, and that's how they meet. Since police corruption seems to be a theme, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the assassins was a cop.

I say Shiva, KGBeast, David Cain, Merlyn, & Prometheus. I saw someone elsewhere request The Phantasm, and I think we would all be on board with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Looks fun as hell.
Absolutely. I'm-a gonna use that Remote Claw every chance I get.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

Here is a better version of the image anyway
Turns out it was wrong, too:

revised ad:

[Source of both]

DFu4ever posted:

I just hope they keep the controls as simple as they have been for the first two games. I love that fighting is mostly based around timing your attacks rather than remembering some rote fighting game-esque pattern of button mashes to simply punch a guy. My biggest fear is that some dev will get the idea that making the fighting system more complex will somehow improve the game.
Sounds like things are mostly the same as before, control-wise, so I wouldn't worry.
"...it was apparent that the combat, stealth, and gadget selection remain unchanged."

It would appear that Bullock is going to show up in some way, as well.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 26, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
THANK GOD.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Pixeltendo posted:

he appears on one of the early artwork banners where the bat symbol is made up of mooks and bosses.

This one?

I don't see him. :shrug:

Nevertheless, I too would bet on KGBeast showing up. When else is anyone going to use him?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Directly above Bats right shoulder (on your left).

That's Deadshot, you goose!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

catlord posted:

I want that Gotham by Gaslight skin, but I have no money to buy the game, let alone a season pass. :(

What's the fourth skin in the Infinite Earths pack? It looks really familiar.
Has anyone broken down all the skins? I can barely make out any of them.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Church posted:

http://batman-news.com/2013/10/01/20-minute-batman-arkham-origins-preview-shows-batcave-gcpd-video/

20 minutes of new footage, mostly focusing on the GCPD and the Batcave (which looks pretty cool to be honest).
So it looks like I'll be able to lay waste to Branden at some point, which I am pumped for. He's a right jerk!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Abysmal posted:

So I don't pay that much attention to DC comics - Copperhead in this game is a woman and I've read that this is the New 52 version of the character which used to be a man. However in the New 52 Justice League comics I have read, Copperhead is an actual snake man who has served as a jobber villain. Are there two Copperheads or something?
The female one in the game is new, full-stop. Supposedly they're going to try to integrate her into the comics sometime after the game. And yes, there already is a male Copperhead hangin' out in the New52, but it looks like he's getting replaced.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I'm wondering how they get around the ability to grapnel-boost around the city, since that (fabulous and super-fun) upgrade was still a prototype in City. Don't make me regular-grapnel the whole game!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

seal it with a kiss posted:

The One Million skin will be available to everyone who logs in with a WBID account.

Because I'm a dumb dummy--how does this work with just buying the game off Steam?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Okay, cool. Thanks.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Electrocutioner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9nYpNInf1E

That last one isn't the real fight. There's a proper rematch later.
Fantastic. I really wish that *was* the only fight between the two.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Disorientated posted:

There's a 17 minute narrated gameplay video available now - definitely looks like more Arkham City (not necessarily a bad thing). If you want a high quality version you can grab it off Gamersyde here: http://www.gamersyde.com/download_batman_arkham_origins_gcpd_walkthrough-31030_en.html

The video seems a bit stuttery I think - hopefully it's just the encoding and not a reflection on how the game actually runs.
Also, should anyone care to look, there's a guy going through the first 2 hours of the game on Youtube.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Action Tortoise posted:

I heard the game is set in Christmas as a Die Hard reference. I really hope there's some Die Hard parallels to the plot.
"Now I have a Remote Claw. Ho Ho Ho."

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

The Human Crouton posted:

Current rumor, from those that have been playing the game is that
Okay, I'm on board with that 100%.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Karpaw posted:

Uhhhh... if he has foreknowledge of dying from Titan, why not just avoid infecting himself?
Well, where's the fun (and peripheral destruction) in that?!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Why? In god's name, why?
Long-term terrible personal taste?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

Also, doesn't Rocksteady basically welcome this game as canon in the Batman Arkham line?
What the hell are they going to say? "Guys, this one sucks! We shouldn't have trusted them!"

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Any chance of any ign/gametrailers/whoever full reviews today?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

^That would be...insane, yeah.

Did the Steam unlock time just have 6 hours added onto it out of nowhere for anyone else?
I was just reading the Steam forums about this, and it appears so. :sassargh::sassargh::sassargh:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 24, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I played a little bit last night since it came out at stupid midnight, and am having a blast so far. Fighting seems somehow more intense and quicker? Countering seems like there's definitely less time to hit that button, but I got into the rhythm pretty quickly. I'm only running a plucky GTX 260 at home, but the game is still running like melted butter.

Alfred's textures always seem like they haven't loaded all the way--he looks like a rough draft. :/

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Red Mundus posted:

Is there a way to pull the camera back during combat sequences? Because I've died 3 times due to an enemy attacking off-screen.

Really, really can't figure out why the camera pulls in so close. City didn't have this problem so I'm not sure why this one does...
It really does seem much closer this time, doesn't it? I think there are some FOV settings you can mess with in one of the .ini files, but I don't know the specifics.

edit: apparently (so far) this can't be changed in Origins
http://steamcommunity.com/app/209000/discussions/0/792924952531406535/

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 25, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I'm only 13% in, but:

God why did WBM get rid of one-button quickfires?! I can add a keybind to Q for batarangs like in AC, but I still have to double-tap it and it sucks, I hate it, and it's stupid. Also, all of my custom keybindings were reset the last time I played, so that's even better.

God why can't I move around on the map with my mouse?! Moving around with mandatory WASD keys is the absolute worst, and trying to get the cursor to line up with an icon takes waaaaaaay too long as it almost always skips right over it. At least remap WASD to my rebound WERD! Or shoot, just let me mouse-click!

I must have spent 20 minutes just messing with 4 goons on a roof, bonking their heads together with the Remote Claw over and over and over again. :allears:

I absolutely love just how angry Bats is at all times.

Even though the crime scenes couldn't possibly lead you by the hand more, they're still surprisingly immersive and one of the best changes from Asylum/City.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 29, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

AngryBooch posted:

No singleplayer patch yet?
Not yet. I'd keep your eye on the Steam and official AO forums.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 29, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So there's a 16-ish megabyte patch on Steam - anyone know if it fixes the Burnley tower?
It's a MP fix of some kind. Keep waiting.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

TheGreySpectre posted:

For example I find that the grapple boost and grappling in general doesn't work as well in AO. The overall mechanic is the same it just doesn't work as well. That is a bad change.

As a side note was it ever explained why you get grapnel boost when in AC (years later) it is considered a prototype?

You answered your own question!

"I find that the grapple boost and grappling in general doesn't work as well in AO."

Batman obviously agreed, upgrades and modifies the early-version Accelerator to the Grapnel Boost over time, when it is fully deployed in City!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

I think the most amazing thing I've learned from the Batman threads is that there are a significant number of you playing this on PC without a gamepad. :psyduck:

If you prefer it, or don't want to buy a Gamepad/360 controller, hey, that's fine, do what you want, I'm not saying one is better than the other...I'm just saying I can't imagine myself doing that (and I say this as someone who prefers KB+M for lots of games, just not a third-person beat 'em up.) Seems impossible!
I managed to beat Asylum and City with KB/M, not gonna stop now!

edit: If I had a way to connect my upstairs computer to my biggie tv downstairs and hang back on my couch, I would definitely learn to adapt.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Yeah, in some interview they mentioned that drones were cut from predator sequences because playtesters only ever used one strategy to deal with them.
Jump on top of them and ride around the room shooting at all the thugs?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

No! I had a chance to do the 4 exotic takedowns and it didn't take. I used gel to blow up a wall and take a guy down, I used a corner takedown, and a vent takedown. For the final one, I was hanging from a ledge and took a guy down that was standing near the edge. It doesn't mean sit on a ledge and take out a guy below, right? It's already hard enough to find a predator room that has a hard wall to break (this was at Blackgate). Why in the world is this Rank 6.
I believe it does!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Especially in the bridge area which I think is probably the sloppiest point in the game.
That goddamn bridge should have been half the length.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

If you are sitting on a gargoyle, it will turn to look at you and say something or maybe alert the guys below "He's on my head guys! Over here!"
God I love this idea.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Orgophlax posted:

So I'm pretty early into Origins (I'm only going after the 3rd SIM to track down Penguin), but I've been wandering around taking down towers and collecting Enigma packs. So I've done a good bit of combat at this point, but I've never had to double counter. Enemies just attack one at a time like in Arkham. I see they double/triple team you in the challenge mode, so will they start doing so as I progress the story, or did they take that out for story mode for some reason? I'm already on hard, btw.
No, it's in there. I just did a double-counter last night--they don't seem to happen as often though, but that might not be accurate at all.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

As an aside, where exactly is that quote from? I know for me personally I heard it first watching an episode of Justice League where Batman is sent an alternate universe where his double is a resistance fighter. He tries to warn Batman about going out to fight crime because "this isn't the world you know" or something like that. Batman's response? "Are criminals still superstitious and cowardly?".

I assume it's quote from the comics originally though. Or possibly something older, not sure.
Detective Comics #33 (1939).

redbackground fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 6, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

MMAgCh posted:

The only way I got through the Deathstroke fight was by repeatedly using Batclaw Slam, then maybe punching him once or twice afterwards but not too often or he'd do his uninterruptible counter attack because...I have no idea, really, as the game didn't bother giving any worthwhile feedback whatsoever. None of the boss fights in Origins were particularly amazing (though I haven't beaten it so maybe the super final end–of–game boss would surprise me? :allears:), but that one definitely was among the series' low points as far as I'm concerned.
That's exactly how I did it, too. Counter for a bit, Batclaw slam when it looked like I had time, maybe get an extra punch in, repeat until flashbomb.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 6, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Can I just say how much I hate how unreliable countering in a crowd of goons is? Because UGH I hate it so much.

Story/gadget progression question: Do I want to go after Deadshot at the bank or Electrocutioner at the hotel first?

redbackground fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 7, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

THE CHORSE posted:

It looks like there was another patch.

I hope nobody minds that I'm c/ping the patch notes. Whenever patches go live for games I always wind up looking for the patch notes and it can be kind of a pain in the rear end, so when other people do this in threads for other games I wind up appreciating it.
No, please, keep it up.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

This is sort of off sort of on topic; A couple people, maybe just one, mentioned Under The Red Hood as a really good Batman movie, and it absolutely is. The question now is are there more treatments in that style of DC stuff? I keep hearing the Superman stuff from a couple years ago was excellent but... Superman.
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths is pretty great, and James Woods is PERfectly cast as alternate-earth Batman.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Orgophlax posted:

Is the Steam UI supposed to be unavailable in Origins? I occurred to me last night that I don't get the "Press Shift+Tab to access Steam" popup when first starting the game, shift+tab doesn't bring it up, and I haven't been getting any achievement popups.
You've got gremlins! You should be getting all of those.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Scyantific posted:

The martial artists are easy. If they're coming at you, assume it's a double attack and hit counter twice. If you attacked them first, expect a block and an immediate counter-attack and be prepared to throw up a counter counter-attack.
Yeah--before playing, I was expecting them to be another pain in the rear end like like knife guys, but they're actually pretty easy to dispose of.

• Locked thread