Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

seal it with a kiss posted:

It's going to come out on Friday. The most recent TV spot had the worldwide launch on the 25th. Plus if it is a stinker, they're not going to release it on one platform early. No official confirmation, but some guy on NeoGAF says the review embargo is up on the 25th too.

It might turn out to be disappointing, but no way it'll be a stinker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is it normal to be getting ridiculously low FPS with a AMD video card before downloading the update they put out?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any recommendations on what upgrades to get first?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is the upgrade menu supposed to randomly "flicker"(looks like it's going to a smaller window and back really fast) occasionally? It's pretty annoying.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

quote:

Removed section_type – ownersonly

Looks like some of the bugs were indeed copy protection gone bad.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hakkesshu posted:

Seriously the challenge system loving sucks. I'm stuck at the one where you have to do 4 different takedowns in a predator encounter, but I can't do it because no loving predator encounter in this game (beyond maybe the first one) has sturdy walls with which to knock people out. It's so dumb, at least it'd make sense if you could do them in the combat simulator, but nnnnope!

Er, there are more than 4 takedowns you know.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are there no Riddles in this game? I've only seen collectibles.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are the upgrades the final challenges give you just for achievements or do they actually do something?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any tips for getting an A-rank during a Hard or higher encounter? I think I'm just going too fast and getting hit. Do you need to do the entire encounter in one combo to get A or will 2-3 be fine as long as you don't get hit? What about variation requirements?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In9VIB3jwM4

Am I playing a different game from everyone else or something? Saying you can't counter out of attacks is wrong.

If you attack at around the same time an enemy does you definitely can't counter fast enough. Ground takedowns are also suicide with too many enemies up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is the master she mentions Ra's Al Ghul?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow, Deadshot is such bullshit. He saw me through a grate. Anyone have tips for that fight? It's really beginning to piss me off. It doesn't help that Batman feels a lot weaker stealth-wise this game. Though the free takedowns from the Remote claw are nice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SpazmasterX posted:

I noticed that Deadshot doesn't really look anywhere above or below on purpose, besides randomly checking on mooks. So if he spots you for no reason, it's just bad luck. Just stealthily remove all the regular guys, then get behind him for a couple stun-beatdowns until he calls in some more guys. They all come through the front door and hang around for a little bit, so you could preemptively lay down some explosive gel if you want to be a dick. :v:

Can explosive gel even knockout on its own(without a breakable wall)? I've never been able to do it, it just knocks them down(though to be fair they're down for a while).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man that is stupid. Batman should be ripped apart fighting Shiva hand to hand unless she is testing him. (Like this game)

Comic book power levels are inconsistent as gently caress. Didn't Deathstroke take out half the Justice League by himself once?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh, the synopsis on my upgrade menu skipped forward past a boss fight(looks like ~1.5 hours). My game spoiled itself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, there are a lot of design changes I don't agree with but they don't really affect my enjoyment of the game. The glitches are what do that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Red Mundus posted:

Found yet another glitch, this one may not be repeatable.

I just got the final melee armor level but my health never increases. Not huge or gamebreaking just one more thing on the poo poo-pile of bugs.

You sure? They add "armor" for that particular type of attack, and the armor needs to be depleted before that kind of attack can hurt your health. They're next to your health bar, top is Melee and bottom is Guns.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Platypus Farm posted:

edit: I forgot! He doesn't even KNOW that Penguin knows anything. He just assumes that since he's got spies everywhere that he knows where BM is hiding out!

"I bet this guy knows where a criminal is hiding. I'll beat him half to death and get some answers. Perfect!"

He knew Penguin was tracking Black Mask with drones.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Even though they can be powered through with shock gloves, shield guys are still really unfun to fight, same with the shock stick guys although they're barely featured in the story.

I don't mind the shock stick guys since you can counter them, but the shield guys have uncounterable attacks that come out really fast. By the time you see the warning it's too late to dodge.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ugh, I'm in postgame trying to get a datapack in the police station, but it's in the first half of the level and I can't figure out how to get back there. It's the 8th datapack of the 12 series.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sober posted:

I just realized I'm kinda pissed I can't climb Wonder Tower then dive bomb off of it and ruin some henchman's Christmas Eve.

There are a lot of unclimbable buildings for some reason. The huge ones that you have to go around are the worst.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm gonna play through Arkham Asylum again, could someone remind me what stuff City added/improved on that wasn't in Asylum? I think countering multiple enemies might be one? The Grapnel accelerator too obviously but Arkham Asylum doesn't really need it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Shield guys aren't too much of a problem once you realize you're invulnerable when doing the Stun+Jump attack on them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Soonmot posted:

Holy poo poo, you guys weren't kidding about these credits. Any good sites/wikis for hunting down ridler packs? I have a few left I want to grab before moving to new game+

http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-origins-enigma-data-pack-locations-guide/

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Thranguy posted:

Is there an trick to reliably and successfully doing the wall/pressure plate bounce that a lot of the gliding-based datapacks require? Those are driving me crazy this time around.

What do you mean? If you fly into a wall Batman will do like a crouch animation and you can press the glide/dodge button again to jump off and glide in the other direction.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Thranguy posted:

Getting him to do that on the pressume plate targets seems to only happen once every dozen or so attempts for me, if that often. So the datapacks that make you do two in a row just aren't happening for me...

Are you letting go of the glide button before you hit the wall? If not I'm sure why that's happening to you.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sober posted:

You might have to just jump back and forth post game. There are a few post game chats. Surprisingly you don't need to finish Engima's sidequest at all though I think you need to trigger all the sidequests. When Alfred starts talking about the huge bat there's maybe 3 or 4 left, the final one if you care he tells Bruce that the huge bat in the cave took off with their Christmas ham and ate it.

Is the giant bat maybe a reference to Man-bat?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MonsterEnvy posted:

More hints that Crane will be the main villain of the next game.

Turns out the final cutscene from City was all an illusion from Scarecrow drugs and Joker is the main villain again.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

FutonForensic posted:

The glue raft is up there with Shark Repellent for the most ridiculous thing I've seen related to Batman.

I still like how meticulous Batman is in making the bat shapes for his explosive gel, even though he's going to blow it up a second later. Also that blowing it up right in front of his face doesn't hurt him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was pretty disappointed that the Joker was the villain again but I thought he was really well portrayed in that game, pretty close to Hamill's Joker. Troy Baker did a great job too though I think he should've done more of his own thing instead of trying to imitate Hamill(though to be fair this probably wasn't his decision).

Overall Origins was easily the worst of the Arkham games but still really good. The only thing that really soured me on the game were the bugs on release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Isn't there a Suicide Squad game happening?

• Locked thread