Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
What are some of the best Black Mask comic stories, if any? I'd like to know about whether or not Origins remains faithful to the character or just go crazy on their own path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
So assuming my PC can handle it (and I think it should), is it visually superior to the X360/PS3 versions to the point where I should get it on Steam instead of on consoles?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It can get crazy good looking on PC. Pick it up on GMG if the 25 percent off coupon still works and go nuts with the graphics options.

GTX 560! Sliding in under the benchmark limbo bar! Woo!

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Something I came across while doing the data pack sweep: In the Royal Hotel's parking garage (Data Pack 15-8 by this guide's count): There's a data pack in a room that I had to enter using a duct from above. There's a security station right next to it that I can hack with the code "carcrash" but I don't know what it opens?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

It either opens the intended way to that objective (you came in from the wrong direction because you had more equipment later in the game), or it's a means to get to another one of the things you were sweeping through for.

Bah, oh well. Oh by the way, holy poo poo what a bad idea to go into the Hotel again. Hey, there's only one route through and you have to go all the way back to the beginning to get out, unless I'm missing something? The end of the level is locked off and when you're grappling between the two towers the game doesn't let you just glide away into the city.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

raditts posted:

Okay, so there isn't more to that fight than that. I thought it was one of the dumbest and boring boss battles of the entire game but earlier in the thread people were praising it as something amazing and groundbreaking.

It's certainly not groundbreaking in any way, but it uses the "boss fights are based on other things you actually do in the game" concept really well. The fight is basically Batman vs. the Martial Artist enemy type but on steroids. I like that approach more than AA's Poison Ivy or AC's Grundy that do the "oh, uh yeah let's sorta pretend this is a Zelda game now" kind of thing.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I recall precisely one guy saying "You're going to be my bitch, Wayne" and everything else was pretty much generic death threats.

Even that example was because of (presumably) the criminals' impression of Wayne as a prissy, weak-willed billionaire who's never been in a fight in his lifetime. The threats still come from the presumption that he is weak, therefore "feminine" according to old-fashioned tenets of manliness.

This is sort of a stretch, but when a dude threatens to make another guy his bitch, it's "making a woman" (i.e. submissive) out of them. You don't see a grunt in Arkham threatening Bruce to make him ride him like a stallion.

(In the interests of not getting even more bizarre in this post than I already am, it's worth mentioning that this is rendered moot by the fact that Bruce's in-game model is just as broad-shouldered and tall as Batman should be, making these criminals' threats at the beginning of the game even more short-sighted.)

Jetfire fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Either that's Season Pass DLC that'll go for $10 a la carte later, in which case holy poo poo that's a lot of 'free' content, or they're 30-minute bolt-ons like the Aveline missions in AssCreed IV.

• Locked thread