Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

I prescribe a dirt bath and a diet of freshwater karp.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Just an FYI GMG has confirmed on their Facebook page that they won't be sending out Steam keys until the release date. That's dumb as hell.

That's odd, I just got an email from them with my Steam key and it's pre-loading right now. New Zealand here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Crabtree posted:

How exactly do you want to see or play as a "crazy" Batman? Are we talking about something like Devil's Advocate Where joker finally gets the death penalty for a crime he didn't commit but Bats believes him and tries to prove a genocidal mass murderer innocent of the one megadeath he didn't cause, Blind Justice where Batman starts to question who trained him and what he's actually become thanks to that, Morrison to recreate R.I.P. in vivid detail, The Cult where Batman is just tripping balls trying to figure out what is going on and is nearly spiritually broken by some unknown cult leader, a more dippy version of Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth where the entire game is like playing the fear gas sections or something a little Elseworlds like Vampire Batman or Castle of the Bat/Merrie Shelly's Batkenstein?

There's a lot of ways you could go with a insane super hero.

I'd love to see DLC packs that cover things like this. Sleeping Dogs handled DLC very well - it didn't quite fit into the main story at all and broke the rules of the universe to some extent (at least with the Halloween one), totally justifying its existence as DLC.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

MrJacobs posted:

Zodiac Tournament and Year of the Snake take place after the main game. You are correct about Nightmare in North Point though.

Oh, for sure, I meant that they tonally wouldn't fit quite well into the main story. They're all kinda silly compared to the main game, aside from Year of the Snake; which I guess isn't all that silly.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Launch trailer just dropped! I'm not going to watch it because I've already seen way too much coverage, but enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoTAQr1jBuY

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

The Human Crouton posted:

Since you are avoiding the footage, I'll spoiler this about it.

The one second we saw of Batman catching Lady Shiva's kick, going to backhand her, and her dodging that is awesome. I want that the be the most bad-rear end, realistic martial arts fight ever put into a game.

Oh, it's all good. I'm just trying to avoid throwing myself into every single piece of footage and coverage there is. Go for it!

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Hmm...based off what I'm reading of her bio, and the War Games crossover, it could be!

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Oh man, we're close. It's 7am here right now, and it's going to unlock at 2am tomorrow!

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

It's unlocked! Oh man, it's so hard to resist playing. It's 2:33am here right now, though, so I'm gonna grab some sleep and play it at 9am instead of being dumb and staying up. Have fun, everybody who IS staying up!

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Alrighty, I'm up.

It seems to be doing something, but it's not downloading any data - at least, not from what the Downloading section is telling me. Jumping between 20 minutes and 3 hours...

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Oop, I paused it and then un-paused it, and now it says "unpacking". Makes sense.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Wow. Playing it maxed out on PC, it looks absolutely stunning and runs smoothly for the most part too.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

ethanol posted:

I'm getting vibes from reading that this is going to be closer to more of the same and I am very much happy about that. Can't wait to play it.

I'm about three hours into it, and there really haven't been any major changes at all. More like re-organizing and re-skinning existing aspects.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

People often say reviews should be one thing or another - "reviews should be objective with no opinions!", "reviews should be entertaining!", "reviews should be informative!" - I think there's room for just about all of them. Leave it to the most qualified in each field.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

If I liked it, it doesn't really phase me. Just somebody with a different opinion.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Steve2911 posted:

So any reviews of Blackgate yet? I didn't even realise that was out on the same day until I saw it on Sony's store. It's had so little marketting behind it but it looked far more interesting.

Kotaku has a review up, and it was mostly glowing. The only thing they didn't seem to like was the story + setting, other than that, seems like a keeper.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

I can understand being annoyed by a review which is poorly written and/or poorly justified. Even then, though, you have to just let it go. Is getting mad in the comment section of somebody's article really going to achieve anything productive?

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

paint dry posted:

I still don't see what's wrong with my post.

Not liking what he likes, obviously.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

I've got the same bug with the vent in the tower. Reloaded the checkpoint three times now, it's just completely broken. This is fun...

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Yep. Looking on the Steam forums, looks like this is a common bug.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Disappointing; because outside of the bugs, it's well-optimized and looks great...

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

So wait, is the Bernley Penguine arms cache INSIDE the tower? Because that's the last one I need to get rid of.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Yeah, that's what I figured, but there's no grapple points, nor a ladder. Very confused.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Yikes. On with the main story until it's patched, then.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

If I'm doing my currency conversion correctly, this one should be roughly £22.

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1275-batman-arkham-origins

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

For those of you stuck with the vent ledge bug: this works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDLaojdCCw

It took me about fifteen minutes of trying, but eventually he flew up into the air and over the fence. Phew.

P.S.: turns out the Penguin Arms Cache is directly behind the tower. I thought it was somewhere on it.

Doctor Albatross fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Oct 26, 2013

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Silentgoldfish posted:

Where's the Penguin Arms cache on his boat? For the life of me I can't find it.

It's in a shipping crate hanging above the dip in the boat. You'll need to pull the doors off with the Batclaw.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Are the people not knowing what the controls are playing on Hard? I'm playing on Normal and it's been telling me pretty much anything, including how to dive through that window.

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Ragequit posted:

I saw this mentioned a few times in the last ten pages, but no solution. I just finished up with meeting Penguin for the first time, and did the mini Anarky sidequest. Now I apparently have no objective. It just says "Find Black Mask" but there isn't a marker anywhere. Where in the world am I supposed to go? Restarting the game didn't seem to fix anything, like it did with previous bugs.

Where to go:
Lacey Tower. It's at the bottom of the map, sort of in the middle. I don't really understand why there's no marker, since basically every mission in the series has always at least said which building to go to.

How to get in:
Again, this is really vague and I don't get why. You need to fight the SWAT guys on low building next to the tower, which triggers a cutscene in which the door at the back of the tower is opened.

Split that up into two separate spoilers so you have a chance to figure it out for yourself, if you like. :)

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Coming in on the last page here, what's the bypass?

Also, I've found another bug - once you 'beat' the game - and this is for the PC - exit and restart. When I came back after watching the credits - I was incapable of initiating interrogations and/or performing takedowns. Once I exited the game and reentered it, everything was peachy again.

Here ya go. Not my video, thanks goes to a kind person on the Steam forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDLaojdCCw

Doctor Albatross fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 26, 2013

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Oops, it's been fixed. Enjoy!

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

washow posted:

So uh I went into this radio tower in the 2nd area of the map and disabled Enigma's poo poo.

Now he locked me in and batman won't crawl into the vent that's right above him. What the hell

Common bug. No way to do it at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Albatross
Jul 7, 2008

Just finished. Honestly, I still think Arkham Asylum was the best.

• Locked thread