Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Orv posted:

Actually that makes me think that what I want to see Rocksteady do is make a Batman game exploring the idea that he's just as crazy as the villains. That he needs to go out at night and punch people just as much as they do.

I always liked the idea that Batman was actually thrown in Arkham city with the rest of the crazies, and the whole story was just his mind trying to justify it or whatever :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea, if you read the text for the challenge, it explains that to get the takedown option it has to be an armed enemy.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I think you just need to be more vigilant with counters than you do in the others, because you cant fit in as many attacks without getting hit in this one.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Ugly In The Morning posted:

...I've played the entire series up through this one, and I never realized you could cut people down to reuse the gargoyle. Which is sad, since most of my predator kills are from inverted takedowns.

You've always been able to do it, but it's way more fun to go full predator and leave a bunch of dudes strung up all over the room.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Whaat, I thought the whole point of this one was so they could spend more time on the next "proper" one??

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Soonmot posted:

You don't need to be hangning. Just stand on the ledge over the enemy and the takedown prompt will happen. It's the same one you do in the very first predator room.

Man I just tried to do this on a goon in the Deadshot fight and it just called it a silent takedown. Dunno where the hell I'll do it now, what genius decided challenge maps shouldn't count for completing challenges...

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Pretty sure i just snuck up and did a silent takedown on whatever goon was standing and staring at the batarang.

"It looks like something from outerspace" :allears:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

RadicalWall posted:

The prompt for it is just Silent Takedown. If you choked him with your legs that was the right move.

God drat, guess I hosed up one of the others. gently caress.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

ChibiSoma posted:

So I was fighting Bane, he checked me into the wall... annnd Bats promptly slipped through it, fell through the world, fell through the ocean, down down into the nothingness.

"Direction+AA to dodge!" And if double-tapping A registered more than 'when it feels like,' maybe this fight wouldn't be such a pain in the rear end. It happens constantly during grappling, too. Sometimes it'll reel you in fast, sometimes it'll just decide not to. Doesn't matter how far you are. If it doesn't want to register the double-tap, it won't. So many deaths down to the loving dodge either not registering or dodging in the direction opposite the way I'm holding.

Fights in this game just aren't balanced at all. They're either a frustrating slog (Deathstroke, Bane) or pitifully easy (Copperhead). There's no middle ground.

E: Maybe if there weren't minions Gumby-sliding halfway across the map to make sure my B->X beatdown wasn't interrupted, I could get something done here!

E: Oh god this is worse than loving Deathstroke. You cannot dodge every single charge. It is literally impossible. He recovers faster than you, you can't do the dodge-flip over him, so it's not a matter of waiting for the right moment. And even if you did that, the game likes to send you sailing in directions you weren't loving holding during fights, so it probably wouldn't work anyway! Yes, game, I was to sail across a giant arena to punch the guy getting up instead of Bane, who is a foot in front of me. Thanks!

Jesus dude are you just mashing your fat greasy hands against the controller and hoping for the best or what??

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Is there any way to play as Joker more than just that one part in the story? Cos that was loving fun.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
His entire moveset was really cool.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Dr Christmas posted:

minutes-long fast travel sequences

Huh?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Did anyone else notice anything off looking about the facial animations in CCH? I've only played a little bit of it so far, but every character looks really loving strange when they talk, something I never noticed previously in any Arkham game.
It just kind of looks like an invisible force is pulling their mouths around at random, with no real connection to what they're saying.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea it was actually Bruce and Alfred I noticed on, maybe i just never paid much attention before or something.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
How are all these super thuggish escaped convicts and gang members supposed to act? I thought Catwoman's characterisation was pretty cheesy and lame, but the constant "bitch bitch bitch" stuff from the goons is pretty much poo poo you'd expect people like that to be saying.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea you're right, and I don't mean to sound like I'm really defending it. I just never found it that weird that Two-Face or whoever would call Catwoman a bitch I guess.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Speaking of that, are either of those Amazing Spiderman games worth playing?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Yea I was just looking at the Activision sale on Steam and all their prices are pretty absurd.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Sometimes people just need to admit when they're loving bad at a game.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Unless you're a huge baby and you can't handle any modification to the combat or counter system. Then it's "batman screwing up" or "bugged combat" or blah blah, this game is now objectively bad.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I just replayed AC and I almost never used a beatdown on an armoured thug, because it's so easy to just punch other dudes 5 times and use the takedown. On the other hand, countering everyone who runs at you while casually pummelling some poor thug into paste is one of the best things in a game ever.

Ip(bat)Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I'm glad I like the Joker cos i would be legit happy if he came back in AK, despite the amount of hate he gets in this thread.

PS. sup 660 krew :( Currently wondering if I should just say gently caress it and get a ps4 or spend the moeny towards upgrading my rig :/

• Locked thread